Welcome , Ja’quavis williford !

wgstl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

Ja'Quavis Williford - SG, 6-6, 180 - Las Vegas, NV (Middlebrooks Academy, CA) - AAU: Las Vegas Knicks (New Balance Basketball) - Committed: Saint Louis (10/19/23)
Offers: Saint Louis, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, UNLV, New Mexico, Colorado State, Fresno State, San Jose State, Pepperdine, Indiana State, Kansas City, Long Beach State, Cal State-Fullerton, Cal Poly.

Interest: Duquesne, Nebraska, Miami, Virginia Tech, Colorado, Oregon State, SMU, San Diego, Belmont, Florida Atlantic, South Florida, Murray State, Cleveland State, Marshall, Iona, Vermont, UC-San Diego, UC-Santa Barbara, Portland State, Utah Tech, Georgia Southern, Long Island.

Latest News: Williford committed to SLU. (10/19/23)

Scouting Report: Williford is a talented wing who scores on three levels. He's long, active, and bouncy, with high-level finishing ability. He has a left-handed shot he can make from anywhere. He's a versatile, vocal defender. He played for Cathedral HS in Los Angeles last season and is currently listed as a Middlebrooks Academy player (William Middlebrooks runs both programs).

-a lot to like in there

Maybe because he is a similar size and a lefty, but on the highlights he reminds me a bit of Eric Williams who played for the Dukes and then transferred to Oregon. BTW, Williams was recruited to Duquesne by our new assistant Charles Thomas.

23 minutes ago, ACE said:

Maybe because he is a similar size and a lefty, but on the highlights he reminds me a bit of Eric Williams who played for the Dukes and then transferred to Oregon. BTW, Williams was recruited to Duquesne by our new assistant Charles Thomas.

-did he light us up in at least one game?

Step 1, get the commitment

Step 2, get him signed early signing period in November

Step 3, get him on campus late Summer

If he "blows up" this HS/Prep season, the bigs boys will be coming to take him.  So, it's a long way to go, but good start.  Always worry about those recruits from far-away places.

2 hours ago, Ibruce said:

this so awesome!  he didnt miss a single shot!

TheA_Bomb likes this

13 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Why does this look like Ford is posing with a cardboard cutout?

Haha, I didn't think much of the photo until this post and you are right. Maybe due to the surrounding arena being darker?

I don't find the photo cringe. However, good call on Brian Kelly, I will pay for the equipment so Travis can get the 360 videos with recruits. Maybe don't grind on the recruits though!

12 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

It has a Brian Kelly, cringe vibe…

Nah it's fine.  That BK video was horrible.

Now, contrary to 05's suggestion of a "NIL Meet Up Space" in the O'CCenter, I think a Social Media Lab, think back drops, props would be very good.  1. For the recruiting photos. 2. For athletes doing their NIL bidness.

These things are hot popping up all over and if SLU's had some giant S-L-U and Neon Billiken head, lighting and other accoutrements it would be used by the athletes.

Follow me for more ideas on how the AD can improve.

3 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Nah it's fine.  That BK video was horrible.

Now, contrary to 05's suggestion of a "NIL Meet Up Space" in the O'CCenter, I think a Social Media Lab, think back drops, props would be very good.  1. For the recruiting photos. 2. For athletes doing their NIL bidness.

These things are hot popping up all over and if SLU's had some giant S-L-U and Neon Billiken head, lighting and other accoutrements it would be used by the athletes.

Follow me for more ideas on how the AD can improve.

Why does it have to be contrary? I love this idea. You set up an appointment with Neisler for photoshoots. 

1 hour ago, Scoop said:

Didn’t the NCAA ban recruit photo shoots moving forward? Thought I read that somewhere. 

It's a consideration and discussed.   But do you really see it happening? I don't, what does it achieve?

Also that wouldn't apply to players in the system doing social media stuff. 

47 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

It's a consideration and discussed.   But do you really see it happening? I don't want does it achieve?

Also that wouldn't apply to players in the system doing social media stuff. 

I didn't even see the recruiting stuff. But I agree with having a space for player photo shoots. They can flex on the 'gram and shizzzzzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, Scoop said:

Didn’t the NCAA ban recruit photo shoots moving forward? Thought I read that somewhere. 

Right now I think the conversation is around unofficial visits - no photo shoot.  Official visits still okay.  But if your parent has a cell phone, shoot away. 

52 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

Isn’t it crazy that THIS constitutes crossing a line, to the NCAA? 😂 

I googled this an it seems like majority of athletic staffs are for this. It takes time and $ to set up a photo shoot for these unofficial visitors. And for what. The visitor posts on social media and then………

Have your mom or  buddy take these photos and post away.

Unofficial visits aren’t paid for by the school.  They are paid for by the visitor.

On official visits, go for it.

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I googled this an it seems like majority of athletic staffs are for this. It takes time and $ to set up a photo shoot for these unofficial visitors. And for what. The visitor posts on social media and then………

Have your mom or  buddy take these photos and post away.

Unofficial visits aren’t paid for by the school.  They are paid for by the visitor.

On official visits, go for it.

It's silly. If a school doesn't want to do it then don't. They just don't want to be the 1 school that doesn't so they want to ban it. Why does the NCAA need to be involved at all?