2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

11 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'll be fine with 9th if it means we can turn the page on one, if not multiple, highly paid athletics employees. If you catch my drift. NCAA Tournament or New Direction. No in between, please. 

And by fine I truly mean this as in pre season rankings - not where we actually finish.  That is never fine, ever.  

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, wgstl said:

And by fine I truly mean this as in pre season rankings - not where we actually finish.  That is never fine, ever.  

There isn’t really a regular season finish this year that gives me faith the direction is correct, but you’re right that being picked 9th is fair. If the team finishes 9th, there better be changes at the top of the program in the spring. 

Schasz likes this

7 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

There isn’t really a regular season finish this year that gives me faith the direction is correct, but you’re right that being picked 9th is fair. If the team finishes 9th, there better be changes at the top of the program in the spring. 

Obviously we're not finishing T4, cause - we cant even do that with good teams...

That said 5th-6th finish where the main contributors are LHJ, Cian, or Parker AND any of the bigs - then I can be right back on board for the following year.  But if we're talking like 6th place because Gibby and MM did everything than ya,  Its over. This whole thing if over. 

22 hours ago, joe_davola said:

I meant more along the lines of fans spending money on sporting events and taking their kids to those events. 

City SC tickets are not cheap and there are only so many casual sports fans in the area.  Many families will be recovering financially after the soccer season as it relates to money spent on sports.

City ticket renewals for next year are happening now, same time as the Bills.  I debated for a bit but decided to keep my tickets for the time being.  I know some others that are not renewing.

joe_davola likes this

12 minutes ago, DirtyRican said:

City ticket renewals for next year are happening now, same time as the Bills.  I debated for a bit but decided to keep my tickets for the time being.  I know some others that are not renewing.

The only saving grace for Bills renewals is that CITY can't add season ticket holders. So if you were thinking about switching to CITY tickets this time around, that's not really an option. 

DirtyRican likes this

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

The only saving grace for Bills renewals is that CITY can't add season ticket holders. So if you were thinking about switching to CITY tickets this time around, that's not really an option. 

I really don't think Billiken basketball season tickets  compete with any of the major 3 pro teams in town outside of maybe some corporate business and to some degree the Blues mini ticket packages.  There is zero crossover with the Cardinals regular season schedule and only like 1 week with City, but crossover on the scheduling isn't the big reason.  The big reason is cost.  The Billiken season ticket price point is in a completely different much lower tier than the Blues, City and the Cardinals.  The only thing SLU might lose some season ticket holders to on the pro sports side is to Blues mini packages.

Honestly at the price point SLU is selling tickets their main competition for family and individual spending are things like movies, museums, people going to catch weekend college games at Mizzou/The Illini/etc and high school sports.  Those are the things in the same general entertainment price point category people are comparing SLU with when it comes to spending their money.

HoosierPal and cgeldmacher like this

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

They will probably make more money off of me this year because Im betting I will be drinking more beers during the games. 

Yep.  Im thinking my normal 2 beers a game easily stretches to 3, maybe 4. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

How tall is Abou Magassa?  The SLU roster lists him at 6'6".  When his signing was announced, he was 6'9". 

[For those who were around, that is Donnie Dobb's level shrinkage.]

Few people on this board have mentioned they've found articles listing him between 6'6 and 6'9.  No one really knows.  

HoosierPal likes this

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

How tall is Abou Magassa?  The SLU roster lists him at 6'6".  When his signing was announced, he was 6'9". 

[For those who were around, that is Donnie Dobb's level shrinkage.]

I’d take a Donnie Dobbs .  Even more so if he came with a high school teammate like Dobbs had in Jimmy Jackson