Jump to content

Congratulations Yuri


Recommended Posts

Actually, IMO he is making a mistake leaving college basketball after this year.  Too small and not a good enough shooter to make the NBA or the sub-NBA.  Lower level Europe or Aussie  league at best.  He might do better financially on NIL $$$ at SLU and getting a post-college job in the area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bauman said:

Actually, IMO he is making a mistake leaving college basketball after this year.  Too small and not a good enough shooter to make the NBA or the sub-NBA.  Lower level Europe or Aussie  league at best.  He might do better financially on NIL $$$ at SLU and getting a post-college job in the area.

He has done everything he can here. His pro prospects aren’t going to improve by staying. Turn pro and see how it goes unless you get a big NIL deal with a big time program.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kmbilliken said:

He has done everything he can here. His pro prospects aren’t going to improve by staying. Turn pro and see how it goes unless you get a big NIL deal with a big time program.

 

I wish him luck, but I don’t see him as an NBA player, or even catching on in the G league. Good luck to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yuri is a euro player.. his style may do well in Europe. In the NBA and even G league those guys can make their own shot and don't need a passing guy who can't shoot and is short by basketball standards.

I think his smaller stature and ability to set up may excel at euro style basketball. I expect to see him there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Soderball said:

Yuri is a euro player.. his style may do well in Europe. In the NBA and even G league those guys can make their own shot and don't need a passing guy who can't shoot and is short by basketball standards.

I think his smaller stature and ability to set up may excel at euro style basketball. I expect to see him there.

And can’t guard.  The NBA talk is ridiculous imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bauman said:

Actually, IMO he is making a mistake leaving college basketball after this year.  Too small and not a good enough shooter to make the NBA or the sub-NBA.  Lower level Europe or Aussie  league at best.  He might do better financially on NIL $$$ at SLU and getting a post-college job in the area.

Yuri is not giving up on basketball in any way. He majored in sports business. Ridiculous. I could see him going to a program likely to make the Tournament(the real one) next year.

SLU isnt doing anything next year. The roster is barren.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Soderball said:

Yuri is not giving up on basketball in any way. He majored in sports business. Ridiculous. I could see him going to a program likely to make the Tournament(the real one) next year.

SLU isnt doing anything next year. The roster is barren.

We will know what the roster looks like by August.  Then we will see if it’s barren.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

We will know what the roster looks like by August.  Then we will see if it’s barren.

You're right given the transfer portal. We will have to see how things pan out. I'm not optimistic, but you are right that we don't know yet.

We also have to see the full extent of guys that we lose.

CenHudDude likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is an exclusive list of players.  Congratulations to Yuri!

 

PS:  Trinity product Ryan Kalkbrenner made the list, albeit with a typo : "Ryan Falkbrenner, Creighton"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

That is an exclusive list of players.  Congratulations to Yuri!

 

PS:  Trinity product Ryan Kalkbrenner made the list, albeit with a typo : "Ryan Falkbrenner, Creighton"

 

Kalkbrenner sure could have made a difference at SLU, but he landed in the right spot,

Dr Bird likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...