GDT: SLU v. Rhode Island

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

There appeared to me to be some real lousy Zebra calls in the 2nd half. We withstood them and made the plays we had to to win the game...20 win season!

On their end id agree. I thought our shot selection the 2nd half was questionable. A lot of mid range jump shots, and a few deep runners. I don’t mind a few but I don’t wanna see a lot of those 

1 minute ago, David King said:

Most here talk about offense, but the problem with the Billikens is defense. They have showed good D at times, but not consistently. 

Yep that's starting to be my thoughts as well. When they play good defense they can play faster which leads to better offense. Cliche but I think it's true. 

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Yep that's starting to be my thoughts as well. When they play good defense they can play faster which leads to better offense. Cliche but I think it's true. 

I’m one of the few, if any, that think Nesbitt and okoro are just “decent”defenders.  Point being I think the defense is not that great because we just have very ok defenders.  

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Fred Thatch, the best Billiken individual effort of the year.  21 points, 13 rebounds, 1 block.  3 of 5 from the Arc.  Guarded players half a foot taller, and guarded by players half a foot taller. 

WOW!

I agree with the sentiment that he played awesome but this wasn’t the best individual performance. Yuri’s 35 and 13 with a buzzer beater still holds the crown

Bills By 40 likes this

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

0*Qmt18m8ZI3f6R0QK.jpeg

Sooooo this is actually the running joke with friends. I’m the worlds worst sports gambler. I (wife) no longer allow myself to gamble. I don’t get it how I’m so bad. But anyway my friends always do the opposite of what I do or say bc of this 

rgbilliken likes this

1 minute ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I owe Fred a serious apology for the way I slandered him in the non conference. Im starting to see why Tate thought he could be our leading scorer

Leading scorer is one thing, but leading 3% leader is out of left field 

29 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Sooooo this is actually the running joke with friends. I’m the worlds worst sports gambler. I (wife) no longer allow myself to gamble. I don’t get it how I’m so bad. But anyway my friends always do the opposite of what I do or say bc of this 

Chicken salad on rye tomorrow for lunch. 

41 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I agree with the sentiment that he played awesome but this wasn’t the best individual performance. Yuri’s 35 and 13 with a buzzer beater still holds the crown

You have yours, I have mine.  All is good.  Thatch was amazing in the land of giants!  We need more players with the heart he showed tonight. He fought up a weight class and won.