Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Here are the numbers as I see them on Verge.....

39.1% / 41.4 / 33.3/ 80.9......FG%/ 2P% / 3P% / FT%....F- / F- / C /  A+

Even the 3P% is shaky....I had mentioned in an earlier post , in order to be at least a neutral factor on the Bills team,   a player would have to shoot at least 34.3% from the arc (C+)...Neutral factor is determined by comparing team  2P% vs player's 3P%  shooting.  If any Bills player shoots less than 34.3% then the team is better off taking a 2pt shot.   A 35.2% player (B ) is a positive addition from the arc for the Bills....ie there is a net gain over shooting 2s.

Very nice FT shooter....A great player to have with a 2pt lead with 2 min left in the game.

Verdict on Verge...He could be a nice player ...IF... he steps up his game. Shooting numbers coming into this year are weak except for FTs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Here are the numbers as I see them on Verge.....

39.1% / 41.4 / 33.3/ 80.9......FG%/ 2P% / 3P% / FT%....F- / F- / C /  A+

Even the 3P% is shaky....I had mentioned in an earlier post , in order to be at least a neutral factor on the Bills team,   a player would have to shoot at least 34.3% from the arc (C+)...Neutral factor is determined by comparing team  2P% vs player's 3P%  shooting.  If any Bills player shoots less than 34.3% then the team is better off taking a 2pt shot.   A 35.2% player (B ) is a positive addition from the arc for the Bills....ie there is a net gain over shooting 2s.

Very nice FT shooter....A great player to have with a 2pt lead with 2 min left in the game.

Verdict on Verge...He could be a nice player ...IF... he steps up his game. Shooting numbers coming into this year are weak except for FTs.

Verge's numbers are virtually the same as Isabell's.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Verge put up his numbers against the 22nd best schedule according to Pomeroy. He played nine games again teams that advanced to the Sweet 16 or deeper. 
 

His shooting numbers would be better against the schedule we typically play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Interesting timing, seeing how Verge entered the transfer portal just a few days ago. Hope this means SLU is on the verge of Verge & time to play the Pit Bull.

Verge still is deciding whether or not he’ll go pro and I wouldn’t expect an answer on that for a couple of weeks.

From what I’ve heard I don’t believe Cook was close to coming to SLU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

 

Another pick up by Georgia. Strong recent teams at Auburn.  Possibly the top basketball team next year will be Alabama. Someone forgot to tell these SEC schools that they football schools (Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee and now Alabama) - not basketball schools. Instead, they are using all the football money to improve not only their football programs - stadiums, practice  facilities, weight/locker rooms...but also their general campuses (dorms, rec centers, school buildings), improve their student body (GPAs, class rank, SAT/ACT scores) and now men’s basketball programs- coaches, recruiting budgets, facilities... Rich get richer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NH said:

Verge still is deciding whether or not he’ll go pro and I wouldn’t expect an answer on that for a couple of weeks.

From what I’ve heard I don’t believe Cook was close to coming to SLU.

Somebody grab the briefcase—STAT!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 12:03 PM, HoosierPal said:

Five Nitty Lions welcome their new coach Micah Shrewsberry by entering the transfer portal, including their top two scorers and their fourth leading scorer.

Will Shrewsberry ever coach a game for PSU or will he end up in Boston?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AGB91 said:

Pearson’s Grandma must have moved to Muncie.

He’ll be joining Jacobs at Ball State.

That's interesting.  Didn't Jacobs commit to the Billikens right around the same time as Pearson was reneging?

Also, Thatch is the only one left from that recruiting class (and he's in a different class now, essentially).  Pearson left before he arrived, Gordon lasted almost a semester, and Jacobs gave the Bills three years.

At the time, it appeared Coach Ford was doing a pretty good job of stacking classes, with that cohort being behind French/Goodwin (and with Bell/Diarra/Collins/Hargrove/Jimerson to follow), but now we see there's a bit of a hole — though filling in with Okoro and Linssen, then Williams, isn't bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2021 at 10:43 PM, AGB91 said:

Pearson’s Grandma must have moved to Muncie.

He’ll be joining Jacobs at Ball State.

Nope, all that happened is that Pearson got a dose of reality and riding the pine at TCU and has lowered his sights. I am sure Jacobs is a lot better than he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't updated this in a while. Names of SLU interest in the portal, updated. Current school in parentheses, followed by next year's class status and expected remaining eligibility, including COVID bonus year.

Aaron Cook (Gonzaga) is going to Georgia, Kobe Elvis (DePaul) is headed to Dayton, Myles Baker (CCSU) is going to Eastern Illinois, Dusan Mahorcic (Illinois State) picked Utah, and Mickey Pearson (TCU) is joining Jacobs Ball State. John Bol Ajak withdrew his name from the portal and is returning to Syracuse. They have been removed from the list.

Had an offer from SLU at some point:
-Madut Akec (South Florida) - Junior, 3 Years
-Dudley Blackwell (Iowa State) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Madani Diarra (Eastern Illinois) - Junior, 3 Years

-Jalen Johnson (Mississippi State) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
-Goodnews Kpegeol (Valparaiso) - Junior, 3 Years
-Jared Ridder (Missouri State) - Senior, 2 Years
-Dallas Watson (Saint Peter's) - Senior, 2 Years

Had SLU interest at some point:
-Jeron Artest (UC-Irvine) - Junior, 3 Years
-Lenell Henry (Prairie View A&M) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year - Hearing from IUPUI, Incarnate Word.
-Alonzo Verge (Arizona State) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year - Might go pro.
-Rashad Weekly-McDaniels (Central Michigan) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Hearing from JUCOs.

I think it's safe to say at this point that none of the remaining former SLU recruits are potential targets, as Ford said he's focused on an instant impact player (likely a transfer) or a player willing to be patient and develop (likely HS). Verge is the only one who could meet either of those criteria and who knows what he's going to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...