Jump to content

GDT: vs LaSalle


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Look before people go off the deep end over this supposed fan ejection lets keep in mind that St. Bills is giving us hearsay information.  He admits he did not hear it - might this be an urban myth so to speak.  I doubt people were being ejected for just normal yelling.  One problem with some is that they immediately think the worse of our Athletic Department.  TI am pretty sure that there is more to this story.

Agree remember what posters were saying when the Richmond game was canceled because of COVID protocol.

Many bashed SLU then Richmond goes into a COVID pause and some posters looked foolish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Brighton said:

SLU admin has a track record of f-ups, so they won’t receive the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. 

Well this one sure goes in the non f-up file......I suspect the non f-up file is bigger than you think as well.  Unfortunately its in a filing cabinet, possibly mis-labeled.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CBFan said:

French in my eye is the same hard nosed player that he has been for almost 4 years.

French handles the ball well, passes well, defends well, catches the ball in the post area really well, kicks the ball out to the open shooter and dominate the boards.  French is the immovable force defending the post a shot blocker.

Linssen is our solid fill in that when relieving the werewolf gives SLU solid minutes and is the game closing big that is only half the defender and rebounder that French is.

A10 teams know who French is and won’t miss him when he is gone.  A10 teams game plan for French.

Blue font, I think Linssen should start over French, LMAO.

I agree with everything but French handling the ball well. Linssen has way better ball handling off the dribble than French

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Glorydayzedandconfused said:

I agree with everything but French handling the ball well. Linssen has way better ball handling off the dribble than French

French often brings the ball up the court after grabbing rebounds and sometimes takes bigger guys off the dribble from outside (this happened more often last year, teams now largely play their big back & leave French unguarded on the outside when he has the ball).  Linssen arguably has better footwork / post moves (French mostly uses his strength to create looks inside & Linssen is more finesse), but I don't really consider that ball handling.  Linssen never brings the ball up or takes anyone off the dribble from outside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

French often brings the ball up the court after grabbing rebounds and sometimes takes bigger guys off the dribble from outside (this happened more often last year, teams now largely play their big back & leave French unguarded on the outside when he has the ball).  Linssen arguably has better footwork / post moves (French mostly uses his strength to create looks inside & Linssen is more finesse), but I don't really consider that ball handling.  Linssen never brings the ball up or takes anyone off the dribble from outside.

Everytime French "brings the ball up" its through some miscommunication with the guards and he hands it off. I haven't really seen French take the ball from the key and drive to the basket. I could be wrong. I wish he had the ability to do so like many NBA forwards do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Glorydayzedandconfused said:

Everytime French "brings the ball up" its through some miscommunication with the guards and he hands it off. I haven't really seen French take the ball from the key and drive to the basket. I could be wrong. I wish he had the ability to do so like many NBA forwards do

Eh I think that's misguided. He has done that (coast to coast) on a few occasions this year. Ford has encouraged it publicly. 

Interesting strategy to just hate one of the 15 or so best players of this century

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Eh I think that's misguided. He has done that (coast to coast) on a few occasions this year. Ford has encouraged it publicly. 

Interesting strategy to just hate one of the 15 or so best players of this century

I just have higher expectations for him. I think we have just lacked another good big the past 4 years to compare

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Glorydayzedandconfused said:

Everytime French "brings the ball up" its through some miscommunication with the guards and he hands it off.

No it's not, at least according to Coach Travis Ford.  He has given Hasahn the green light to bring the ball up in non-pressure situations.  Listen to Coach sometime.  He has a lot of good and interesting things to say about Billiken Basketball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

No it's not, at least according to Coach Travis Ford.  He has given Hasahn the green light to bring the ball up in non-pressure situations.  Listen to Coach sometime.  He has a lot of good and interesting things to say about Billiken Basketball.

I don't mind him picking his spots, but my preference is for every Billiken, including Goodwin, to get the ball in Yuri's hands as soon as possible after grabbing a rebound. Yuri is the best at attacking and leading the break. He'll often create a good scoring opportunity even when it doesn't look like one is available. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Brighton said:

SLU admin has a track record of f-ups, so they won’t receive the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. 

Give it up, dude. Your shtick is getting old. You just keep lurking for any hint of trouble then pounce with the same old tired story. 
if you have something new to add, great. Otherwise just keep it to yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

Give it up, dude. Your shtick is getting old. You just keep lurking for any hint of trouble then pounce with the same old tired story. 
if you have something new to add, great. Otherwise just keep it to yourself.

Trollers gotta troll is my take for these posters.  I will not engage him because of what you perfectly said in your post.

This poster actually posted in the Richmond GDT that SLU’s decision not to play Richmond would hurt recruiting.

No reason to acknowledge him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Trollers gotta troll is my take for these posters.  I will not engage him because of what you perfectly said in your post.

This poster actually posted in the Richmond GDT that SLU’s decision not to play Richmond would hurt recruiting.

No reason to acknowledge him.

Spot on... "show us they can get out of their own way"... Give me a break hahahahaha, get your head out from where the sun don't shine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Gary and basketballcountry are sorely missed posters.

basketball country   ah the subject of box and won's greatest work ever.    box how about an encore performance for the newbies here that never had the chance to read the legendary work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...