Jump to content

Official SLU News: Men’s Basketball Pauses Team Activities


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn’t even make it as long as last year. Bummer.  Wish they would of gone with my plan suggestion in summer, freeze everything for this season.  Start back up in March where we ended last season. Most teams would be finished. Complete league tournaments and then do the dance. All eligibility extended. NCAA loses one season instead of two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

This probably means Umass, Lasalle, and Joeys will be postponed as well, and Davidson would be our next game. 

Well f*ck.  Good news is that none of these upcoming games before Davidson would have really done much for our resume.  Bad news is that we won't get a relatively easy game to ease us back in before playing Davidson who has kind of a funky style as one of the slowest teams in the nation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Franchise_08 said:

A10 only requires 10 day quarantine I believe

I think it was reported somewhere that the City of St. Louis still requires the 14 day quarantine, so the Bills are stuck with that.  I guess there is a possibility they could travel / practice outside the City.  If we had enough players test out after 7 days and Philadelphia has more lax restrictions, there is a possibility we could get the LaSalle & St. Joes games in.  I'm not sure the team would want to do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if its a coach or manager

 

 

This is Hasahn French yesterday: “We talk about it every day, making sure everyone is in the right place, doing the right thing so we can play. Anything that could jeopardize us playing, we try to stay away from. I feel we have good habits and guys have been sticking to it.”

 

 

SLU ends up with positives after being overly cautious, keeping players on campus for Christmas and not having any known contact outside of the program since last Wednesday's game. It's not known if positives are staff or players.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Wondering if its a coach or manager

 

 

This is Hasahn French yesterday: “We talk about it every day, making sure everyone is in the right place, doing the right thing so we can play. Anything that could jeopardize us playing, we try to stay away from. I feel we have good habits and guys have been sticking to it.”

 

 

SLU ends up with positives after being overly cautious, keeping players on campus for Christmas and not having any known contact outside of the program since last Wednesday's game. It's not known if positives are staff or players.

 

There have been known to be false positives.  People's tests come back positive one day and then later come back negative.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball/billikens-cancel-duquesne-game-covid-cases/63-2a6c0cf0-5c97-4373-9aa6-bcb83c2f5844

The tag line of this article says that "Activities will only continue after all personnel are cleared by campus COVID-19 testing procedures and protocols."  I really hope that this does not mean that the team is not dealing with extra, ultra restrictive requirements put in place by the university that other programs are not having to deal with.  Just thought it was an odd way to word the start of the article.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball/billikens-cancel-duquesne-game-covid-cases/63-2a6c0cf0-5c97-4373-9aa6-bcb83c2f5844

The tag line of this article says that "Activities will only continue after all personnel are cleared by campus COVID-19 testing procedures and protocols."  I really hope that this does not mean that the team is not dealing with extra, ultra restrictive requirements put in place by the university that other programs are not having to deal with.  Just thought it was an odd way to word the start of the article.

Or it could mean we are dealing with less restrictive protocols than other campuses/teams. They certainly have to apply the same rules to the basketball team that they do to other students on campus.

At this point, I wouldn't presume to know when we can restart practices and games. Much of it will depend on contact tracing and who has tested positive, who they were around, etc. That being said, it is asinine in my opinion that the city and county aren't in-line with CDC guidance, which the A-10 follows, that allows for re-entry into society after 10 days with no symptoms or 7 days with a negative test and no symptoms.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Or it could mean we are dealing with less restrictive protocols than other campuses/teams. They certainly have to apply the same rules to the basketball team that they do to other students on campus.

At this point, I wouldn't presume to know when we can restart practices and games. Much of it will depend on contact tracing and who has tested positive, who they were around, etc. That being said, it is asinine in my opinion that the city and county aren't in-line with CDC guidance, which the A-10 follows, that allows for re-entry into society after 10 days with no symptoms or 7 days with a negative test and no symptoms.

 

I hope you're right about the possibility of the university guidelines being less restrictive.  It just seems that they wouldn't have gone out of their way to mention campus procedures and protocols unless those rules were more restrictive the NCAA or A-10.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Looking forward to April Madness.  Have to assume there will be at least one more 10-14 day stoppage over the course of an 18 game conference schedule.  Glad we were able to get in the entire nonconference schedule before our first one.

The rate things are going it’s gonna be more like April Agony followed by May mayhem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Better now than early March 

Unfortunately, this year could be even worse than last March. I had Tix for the first round of NCAA that was supposed to happen in Tampa. Covid is much worse now than it was last March.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...