Jump to content

2020-21 Season


davidnark
 Share

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Last season Mizzou finished 10th in the SEC, with a NET of 84.  Early preseason polls have them 10th again.  If we play the 84th ranked NET team at home, that would fall likely into a Q3 game. Play it on the road, and it is a Q2 game.  I'd much rather play a Q2/3 game than a home Q4 game with UMKC or Evansville.  Any day, any time, any location;  I don't care what uniform the opponent is wearing.

I was wondering about this yesterday.  If there's no fans in the stadium, does it really matter if it's home or away?  And if the NET rankings are still going to emphasize "road" wins, should you just play as many games on the road as you can?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, SShoe said:

I was wondering about this yesterday.  If there's no fans in the stadium, does it really matter if it's home or away?  And if the NET rankings are still going to emphasize "road" wins, should you just play as many games on the road as you can?

That is a really good question.  I hope the NCAA has discussed this, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i just dont understand playing down to mi$$ouri.    we have passed them by.  if we want a buy quality game we can always play semo or umsl without any guff from pr!ck fans.   

we should not waste games on the likes of the tiger$.   find bigger and better non conference games

I enjoy the regional school games so I would like to see home and home games with Missouri and Illinois.  I would rather see Illinois State, Missouri State, Murray State and Western Kentucky over some of the boring buy teams that show up.
Missouri is down so I respect your opinion about a better non conference team to play like Butler that would help the strength of schedule.

Happy Friday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This also just made me think that if they are playing in empty arenas, the TV mics are going to pick up everything that is said.  Normally, a coach can yell at the refs or his team and be confident that he's mostly drowned out by the crowd noise.  This year, coaches are going to have altar how they communicate during games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

This also just made me think that if they are playing in empty arenas, the TV mics are going to pick up everything that is said.  Normally, a coach can yell at the refs or his team and be confident that he's mostly drowned out by the crowd noise.  This year, coaches are going to have altar how they communicate during games.

From watching MLB playoff games, there’s a lot of muting that goes on. That’s what the broadcast delays are for . There were times during MLB playoffs where all the mics would be muted for 5-10 seconds at a time. My guess is, you can expect a lot of that this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i just dont understand playing down to mi$$ouri.    we have passed them by.  if we want a buy quality game we can always play semo or umsl without any guff from pr!ck fans.   

we should not waste games on the likes of the tiger$.   find bigger and better non conference games

Agree, but schedule a 3 game series.  Win all 3 and then have Ford go around to all the STL media outlets and proclaim we no longer can play Mi$$ou, we are too good for them.  We need to turn the tables in this relationship and have Mizzou begging to play us.

As for Depaul or any of the other regional Big East schools, they won't play SLU, even just at home.  They are offered each year and don't return calls.  This has been going on since those teams left CUSA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Utah has left the SD MTE Crossover Classic due to Covid concerns.  Other teams in the event are WVU, Memphis, Texas A&M, Ohio St, Wichita St, Creighton & Dayton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

Why not an annual round robin at Enterprise, SLU, IL, MU, MoSt. Double headers Friday/Sun, the two winners play on Sunday. A mini NCAA.

OR just a double header, rotating opponents each year.

With the weekend event, the hotels/Sports Commission/restaurant folks would love it.(post Covid, of course)

I'd like to see a Missouri tourney. SLU, Mo St, SPUMAC, then let UMKC and SEMO rotate for the 4th team.  Friday/Sunday or even Sat/Sun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I'd like to see a Missouri tourney. SLU, Mo St, SPUMAC, then let UMKC and SEMO rotate for the 4th team.  Friday/Sunday or even Sat/Sun

I like the idea of an all Missouri tourney.

I would really like to see a border war tournament in St.Louis when Il plays MU every season.  4 teams from Illinois 4 teams from Mo.  Play the First round on Friday on the annual bragging rights game day.  MU vs Il, SLU vs SIUC, Mo St. vs Il state and Loyola vs SEMO.

If MU is good enough and the brackets work out then MU will earn the right to play SLU on Saturday or Sunday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2020 at 7:31 AM, CBFan said:

I like the idea of an all Missouri tourney.

I would really like to see a border war tournament in St.Louis when Il plays MU every season.  4 teams from Illinois 4 teams from Mo.  Play the First round on Friday on the annual bragging rights game day.  MU vs Il, SLU vs SIUC, Mo St. vs Il state and Loyola vs SEMO.

If MU is good enough and the brackets work out then MU will earn the right to play SLU on Saturday or Sunday.

Like the idea, but Mo St and IL St being in the same conference already would be problematic.  Same problem with Bradley or swapping Loyola.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I think a Missouri/Kansas one day extravaganza in KC would be fun with SLU, Mizzou, and Mo State on on side, and Kansas, Kansas State, and Wichita State on the other side.  No conference conflicts in that one.  It would make a great yearly road trip.

It would be fun. With the amount of recruits over the years from Illinois, that might be an even better border war option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Madani Diarra has been cleared to play for Eastern Illinois this season.

And our friend Cart’are is begging the NCAA for a waiver. I saw his tweet. After all his trials, tribulations, and travels he’s still a confident guy who’s chomping at the bit to show off his skills. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, slu72 said:

And our friend Cart’are is begging the NCAA for a waiver. I saw his tweet. After all his trials, tribulations, and travels he’s still a confident guy who’s chomping at the bit to show off his skills. 

Those folks at NW North Dakota school of French Frying deserve the chance to see Carte'Are play also  Hopefully they get tickets to an early season game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, slu72 said:

And our friend Cart’are is begging the NCAA for a waiver. I saw his tweet. After all his trials, tribulations, and travels he’s still a confident guy who’s chomping at the bit to show off his skills. 

Has he completed a semester anywhere besides his semester here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...