2020-21 Season

8 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

The word required was meant to be "may require".  The first definition of "threatening" I saw was to make a hostile or deliberate frightening manner.  The second definition is intention to cause harm.  Third is causing someone to feel vulnerable or at risk.  Krewson's possible actions are far from being hostile.  I was just wondering why Hoosier chose the word threatening.  

Have you got nothing better to do?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS Sports has SLU preseason #31. Says SLU has a stacked team, Sweet 16 potential, returning top 8. It referenced shooting, both poor FT, and that SLU didn't rank in top 100 in either 2 or 3 point %. Yet, SLU still had a strong season. Shore up the shooting and they can have a big season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-1-357-rankings-here-are-the-projected-best-68-teams-for-the-2020-21-season/

cgeldmacher likes this

37 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

The word required was meant to be "may require".  The first definition of "threatening" I saw was to make a hostile or deliberate frightening manner.  The second definition is intention to cause harm.  Third is causing someone to feel vulnerable or at risk.  Krewson's possible actions are far from being hostile.  I was just wondering why Hoosier chose the word threatening.  

If you are going to criticize a particular word, one that was used correctly in many people's judgment, it would be good to make sure you type "may require" instead of "requiring" if you really mean "may require." There is a very big difference between the two.

39 minutes ago, courtside said:

CBS Sports has SLU preseason #31. Says SLU has a stacked team, Sweet 16 potential, returning top 8. It referenced shooting, both poor FT, and that SLU didn't rank in top 100 in either 2 or 3 point %. Yet, SLU still had a strong season. Shore up the shooting and they can have a big season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-1-357-rankings-here-are-the-projected-best-68-teams-for-the-2020-21-season/

If this team is in top 100 3P%, they're a top 15 team.

2 hours ago, kshoe said:

If you are going to criticize a particular word, one that was used correctly in many people's judgment, it would be good to make sure you type "may require" instead of "requiring" if you really mean "may require." There is a very big difference between the two.

I wasn't being critical - as I said I was just wondering why that word was chosen.  I thought the "may" was understood given the context that the word "threaten" was being used.  Who thought it was used correctly is immaterial especially given that I gave 3 definitions that were just the opposite.  Obviously I will not get answer to my original question so I am moving on.

15 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I believe this early, ESPN games shown above can still mean ESPN+, right?

I doubt that, but it could definitely mean ESPNU and ESPN2. The 5 games are 2x Richmond, Dayton, Davidson and St. Bonaventure so those are clearly the pick games of the season.

Just now, slu72 said:

No FSMW listed. Don’t they air all home games or is that a victim of Covid too? 

not sure but you would think everyone would flock to air games that cant really be seen inperson 

7 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I doubt that, but it could definitely mean ESPNU and ESPN2. The 5 games are 2x Richmond, Dayton, Davidson and St. Bonaventure so those are clearly the pick games of the season.

All I was saying is that in the past games will say ESPN but end up on ESPN+, not saying that will be the case this year. 

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

All I was saying is that in the past games will say ESPN but end up on ESPN+, not saying that will be the case this year. 

My guess is 1 of the Richmond games and the Dayton game end up on ESPNU or ESPN2 with the remaining 3 on the +.  Would be sweet if it's more.

I would be completely shocked if FSMW didn't pick up the remaining games. Although looking back on previous seasons, did FSMW do any conference games? I honestly can't remember. I know they do the bulk of non-con games...

Tough schedule I love it!

Which ESPN variant has our games probably depends on how the NBA schedule shakes out. I believe 4 of our ESPN games are on Friday night, which is usually one of ESPN’s NBA nights. If they aren’t playing for any reason I could see us being on the main ESPN network.

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

My guess is 1 of the Richmond games and the Dayton game end up on ESPNU or ESPN2 with the remaining 3 on the +.  Would be sweet if it's more.

I would be completely shocked if FSMW didn't pick up the remaining games. Although looking back on previous seasons, did FSMW do any conference games? I honestly can't remember. I know they do the bulk of non-con games...

Tough schedule I love it!

4 of the ESPN games are Friday nights. The 5th is a Saturday. I could see the Saturday St. Bona game on ESPNU or ESPN+ but the 4 Friday night games will almost certainly be on TV (ESPN2 or ESPNU being the most likely as the NBA is on ESPN on Friday nights).

ESPN2 has shown A10 Friday night games on TV for the past few years. We are one of the top draws on the conference this year and our tv package reflects it. People should be happy about this instead of assuming the worst that we are on the internet where only die-hards know where to find us.

16 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Anything listed as a Friday night game on ESPN will likely be aired on ESPN 2 or ESPN U before ESPN+. The A10 has had Friday night games on those channels for several years now, and it would seem this year is no different. 

This. If ESPN is listed, they will likely be on ESPN2 or ESPNU. The games with no one listed usually end up being carried by some combination of FSMW and/or ESPN+.

This is some really solid national coverage. I don't recall seeing that much ESPN or CBSSN in recent years. The boys will have a nice big stage to work on this year. 

Also, I like how that the schedule announcement above doesn't feature JGood or French. It says, "We're deep, and we're coming for ya."