Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Littlebill said:

It's odd though - there is no record of it on his IG or twitter. Just the visits to his finalists

What's odd is just dropping one school when you still have multiple. Unless the end game is to do this down to just 2. 

6 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

It's odd though - there is no record of it on his IG or twitter. Just the visits to his finalists

Pretty sure I posted his revised list cutting SLU on August 10th but looking back at my post just now there is nothing there. He must've removed it.

7 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Imagine wanting to play at K-State or Mizzou. 

I think I saw on another message board that Kansas State and Ole Miss are thought to be the leaders. Definitely a recruit I’ll be interested in seeing how he does in college as I truly have no idea what to think of him.

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Considering he didn't visit Iowa and set a commitment date just days after X I'm a bit worried here. 

Expect Kachi Nzeh to commit to Xavier. SLU was in a very good spot until a package was offered by X that came in at the last minute, and arguably improperly.

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Considering he didn't visit Iowa and set a commitment date just days after X I'm a bit worried here. 

TheOne liked this post... does that mean good news for SLU OR that the speculation that X is the likely destination is accurate?

X is putting together an excellent recruiting class and will be tough to beat, but I love that we're making headway on the East Coast. This is exactly the type of recruit we're going to have to land if we want to be a consistent A-10 contender.

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

I don't think that level of school has much NIL around for non-McDAA basketball players. Football is the big influence NIL-wise

Hard to tell.  The rumors, much like Yuri's were being said that Moses got well over 100k in NIL to go to mizzou. 

Just now, wgstl said:

Hard to tell.  The rumors, much like Yuri's were being said that Moses got well over 100k in NIL to go to mizzou. 

I assume you're talking about Mosley - but he was a top 10 or so transfer (imo). Same level priority (if not higher) as a really high end freshman

Just now, Littlebill said:

I assume you're talking about Mosley - but he was a top 10 or so transfer (imo). Same level priority (if not higher) as a really high end freshman

My B, Mosley.  Ah ok I see what you're saying. Thought this was just about whether state or mizzou would ever spend much money on anyone. 

32 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Expect Kachi Nzeh to commit to Xavier. SLU was in a very good spot until a package was offered by X that came in at the last minute, and arguably improperly.

Like it or not, NIL is going to be the deciding factor for a lot of recruits going forward. SLU has the facilities, brand appeal, and coaching connections to get in the mix for a lot of really good players. If NIL can be competitive, or a step above the rest of the A-10, that’s the final step that will be needed to really take recruiting up a level. 

37 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Like it or not, NIL is going to be the deciding factor for a lot of recruits going forward. SLU has the facilities, brand appeal, and coaching connections to get in the mix for a lot of really good players. If NIL can be competitive, or a step above the rest of the A-10, that’s the final step that will be needed to really take recruiting up a level. 

SLU, VCU, and Dayton continue to do everything a step above the rest of the a10. Schmidt's run (I'd imagine) is going to come to a screeching halt this year. Rhody and UMass are the unknowns going forward with their new coaches but the rest of this league is a step below the top 3 in terms of investment, facilities, fanbase, etc

CBFan likes this

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

I don't think that level of school has much NIL around for non-McDAA basketball players. Football is the big influence NIL-wise

Not a firm source but Mosley is reportedly getting 6 figures at Mizzou. There is serious money going to basketball at Mizzou.