2019-20 Season

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

But Jacobs has the potential to be our best defensive option at the 1.

weaver will for this upcoming year.  ford liked what he saw defensively from weaver  , the 3 pt shooting was just a bonus. 

Cincybill likes this

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

And I think he will have more impact locking down small guards defensively than he would offensively as a 6'2 wing. We've got better offensive options at the 3. But Jacobs has the potential to be our best defensive option at the 1.

3 star i have no problem with him guarding a point.   i am only talking the offensive end.

7 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

see david thompson.    north carolina state 1974

Uh, David Thompson had about a 48" standing jump. He was a freakish athlete. I saw him play in college. He could shoot, drive, and be God like. If Jacobs is like this then we've captured magic in a bottle. 

4 hours ago, wgstl said:

weaver will for this upcoming year.  ford liked what he saw defensively from weaver  , the 3 pt shooting was just a bonus. 

That's what I thought. I also posted earlier that if Jacobs looks to be starting above Weaver and Yurimania, he must be showing a lot on defense. I still think D is Ford's biggest concern going into this year. Offense is fickle. Defense is a constant. Rickma didn't write on the white board shoot well. It was Defend and Rebound. 

The biggest issue that Jacobs has is that if his best contribution is being able to slash to the basket, then the problem for him is that we already have just Fred Thatch (who can slash and play excellent D) and Goodwin who is taller and who has great leaping and rebounding skills.  Further, if Yuri is playing PG then we desperately need someone who can shoot the ball. A much better opportunity for playing time for our shooters (for Jimerson, Perkins, Weaver them for any non-shooter. 

11 hours ago, Sheltiedave said:

If he has Bess’ height and strength, he can slash at will. 

if he is still under 6’2” and under 180 lbs, it rarely happens in a half court offense.

I am well under 6’2’’ and I put up about 16 last Tuesday at the St. Gabriel late night rec league game. 

I also threw a couple of ESPN top 10 like bounce passes. (One of them behind the back)

Some people call me the White Mark Price in those pick up games!!

NextYearBill likes this

27 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I am well under 6’2’’ and I put up about 16 last Tuesday at the St. Gabriel late night rec league game. 

I also threw a couple of ESPN top 10 like bounce passes. (One of them behind the back)

Some people call me the White Mark Price in those pick up games!!

You may be spreading dlarrymania.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Valpo and SIUC picked next to last and last in Valley preseason poll. Geez. MO State is picked on top. We’re playing the wrong Valley schools. 

Considering the top 4 Valley schools have almost everyone returning and our guys need to experience some early success, they are exactly the right schools to play this year. Seton Hall, Belmont, Auburn and Kansas State are more than adequate measuring sticks for tracking our progress. And I will believe SIU finishes last when I see it.

Edited by 3star_recruit

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Considering the top 4 Valley schools have almost everyone returning and our guys need to experience some early success, they are exactly the right schools to play this year. Seton Hall, Belmont, Auburn and Kansas State are more than adequate measuring sticks for tracking our progress. And I will believe SIU finishes last when I see it.

We are looking at maybe 6 to 7 OOC Quad 4 games.  That's too many. 

https://mvc-sports.com/news/2019/10/14/arch-madness-2019-20-mvc-mens-basketball-preseason-poll.aspx

6 hours ago, willie said:

I bet 72 is a fan. 

I need to see some video on dlarry. Hell, I was doing Bob Cousy behind the backs when I was in HS (I learned it at his BB camp) in the early 60's, plus could dribble behing the back w/ the ball. The scissor move hadn't  been invented by then.  I was taught to get the ball to the open man no matter how I did it, but if you had a better shot take it. This is why I'm so high on Yurimania. He's old school. You are gonna love this kid when it's all said and done. 

40 minutes ago, almaman said:

Reading about Ritter FB team. Sucks. SLU should make public gesture and give team tickets or something. They're right down the street.

Why? For them to pull it off as long as they did, the whole team and program had to participate in cheating. They shouldn’t be rewarded for that.

1 hour ago, kmbilliken said:

Why? For them to pull it off as long as they did, the whole team and program had to participate in cheating. They shouldn’t be rewarded for that.

Maybe because you want to look as good as possible to Burden in case he decides to go basketball.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:49 PM, dennis_w said:
8 minutes ago, almaman said:

And future Burdens.

If we have to coddle and reward kids who knowingly took part in a fraud to get certain kids to come to SLU then I, for one don't want those kids. I'd rather reward kids with free tickets, who would never take part in such a fraud.  Sure, they were following the "leadership" of a zero-morality coach and staff, but all players had to know that they were cheating and using a player who was suspended.

HenryB likes this

23 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

What was the source or reason for the Cardinal Ritter player’s one game suspension to start the season?  A school suspension? A MSHSAA suspension?

He was ejected from the state title game last season.  Any ejection causes a suspension for the following game which in this case was the first game of the season.