GDT Another team called the Rams

Littlebill

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballgame nice effort unfortunately I have to work on the road the next two home games so my wife will have to yell at the refs by herself the next two home games.

We need to win the next two at home and secure a winning A10 record.

4 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Horrible and pathetic officiating is out of their control. You know what is in their control? Making a freaking 15 foot free throw.

This team is free throw shooting away from being either first or second behind VCU. You can't tell me otherwise.

CBFan, AGB91 and HoosierPal like this

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This team is free throw shooting away from being either first or second behind VCU. You can't tell me otherwise.

I agree I know Ford has said it hasn’t cost us many games but I don’t buy it. If we are the 2nd worst free throw shooting team in America number one must be the Missouri school for the blind. 

41 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Well the good news is that French didn't miss a single FT tonight.  The bad news is that Bess and Isabell were 9 -15 combined.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

They finish in top 4 in A10, that's for sure. Make no mistake, our offense is putrid. But I can't tell you how infuriating it is that we are just an average FT shooting team from 21-22 wins, a much easier path to the A10 championship, and an NCAA bid. 

12 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

They finish in top 4 in A10, that's for sure. Make no mistake, our offense is putrid. But I can't tell you how infuriating it is that we are just an average FT shooting team from 21-22 wins, a much easier path to the A10 championship, and an NCAA bid. 

Mathematically, just adding in upto 4 missed free throws we are top 4. Adding in the change to the game I think we pull out more games. I think we'd be 12-2 in conference and I'll take back Houston, Pitt and SIU as wins. At that point this team is still being talked about in at-large conversation.

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Mathematically, just adding in upto 4 missed free throws we are top 4. Adding in the change to the game I think we pull out more games. I think we'd be 12-2 in conference and I'll take back Houston, Pitt and SIU as wins. At that point this team is still being talked about in at-large conversation.

Plus, look at some of our FT percentages in losses on the road in A10 play. It's pretty pathetic: 38% @ Rhode Island. 42% @ Datyon. 60% tonight versus VCU. I'm not saying we win all 3 by but shooting 72% from the charity stripe, it keeps us in these games until the final seconds and gives us an opportunity to win. 

I get some of these front rim free throws the past month or so. We have no depth and legs are tired. But it is still frustrating to wonder what could have been if we weren't 352 out of 353 teams in FT %. I mean holy poopballs! We are the 352nd best free throw shooting team out of 353 teams!

We've got  a 75%, a 78% and a 88% free throw shooter coming in next year. Free throw shooting will improve.  Floor spacing will improve. Ball movement will improve.

That's why I'm optimistic about the future. You couple those missing details with the heart our kids already play with and we won't need to worry about lame officials so often. These games are only close because we lack the skill to make them otherwise.

Bills_06 likes this