Sinquefield $50 Million Donation

GBL_Bills

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If we could remove the politics from it, it is hard to deny that Rex Sinquefield has a pretty amazing life story.  He did pretty well for someone that was orphaned for 10 years.

although strange enough hes donated to both parties.

Mods I guess all the clever left wing cr@% that is filling this thread is ok since it is left wing, huh?   I thought we are supposed to avoid politics on this Board.  You sure are quick to delete posts and point out the non-political nature of this Board if comments are anything other than liberal and Democratic!

I would have hoped that we could have discussed this generous donation w/o all the anti-Rex comments, even if just implied.  I'm sure large donations from rich liberals would have been received far more graciously than this record setting gift to our school.

3 minutes ago, bauman said:

Mods I guess all the clever left wing cr@% that is filling this thread is ok since it is left wing, huh?   I thought we are supposed to avoid politics on this Board.  You sure are quick to delete posts and point out the non-political nature of this Board if comments are anything other than liberal and Democratic!

I would have hoped that we could have discussed this generous donation w/o all the anti-Rex comments, even if just implied.  I'm sure large donations from rich liberals would have been received far more graciously than this record setting gift to our school.

I think it is foolish to act like the problems many people have with Rex's local politics are confined to left wing. Those problems are a results of a guy buying politicians on both sides and funding non-profits to attempt to enact what he thinks is best for the region.  Rex has actually been rather adept at hiring left wing activists and/or their significant others to advance his causes locally.  Plenty of Republican voters have problems with Rex on local issues.  In fact, Rex is probably more popular among municipal Democratic politicos than Republican.

willie and RUBillsFan like this

Left wing crap? My comment was referring to how all of Rex's candidates in the 2016 primaries lost. Therefore he wasted $11 million. Therefore, any amount of donation to SLU  will be infinitely better for the region than wasted money. And, for the record, I voted for Catherine Hanaway (Rex's gubernatorial candidate) in those primaries.

willie likes this

21 minutes ago, bauman said:

There really isn't much on here that's all that leftist.  The man has made a name for himself by donating vast sums of money to political candidates and movements, and as indicated by wgstl, has donated to both parties.  I can't speak for others, but my comment is more a statement about my own personal disdain for large political donors as a whole. 

People can spend their money as they choose, but donating to academic institutions in the pursuit of advancements in medical research is, in my mind, something else entirely and will be a benefit to the university and region.

slufanskip, dlarry and willie like this

17 minutes ago, bauman said:

Image result for snowflake gif

3 minutes ago, SShoe said:

There really isn't much on here that's all that leftist.  The man has made a name for himself by donating vast sums of money to political candidates and movements, and as indicated by wgstl, has donated to both parties.  I can't speak for others, but my comment is more a statement about my own personal disdain for large political donors as a whole. 

People can spend their money as they choose, but donating to academic institutions in the pursuit of advancements in medical research is, in my mind, something else entirely and will be a benefit to the region.

Don’t forget his membership fee to Ashley Madison