2018-19 season

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Yes!! My head is light and my pants are tight, oh my!!!! 

However being a lifelong pessimist and given our recent history, I won't rest until everyone is warming up before the first regular season game this fall.

I actually LOL'd. I don't know why. Good job. 

@PistolI know you went through this last week, but would this timing maybe line up with new scores coming out?

RIP HUMPS likes this

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

However given our recent history, I won't rest until everyone is warming up before the first regular season game this fall.

-why do I hate this yet I am in total agreement? except I might not rest then, either

-LET'S GO BILLIKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I actually LOL'd. I don't know why. Good job. 

@PistolI know you went through this last week, but would this timing maybe line up with new scores coming out?

Hopefully, but I don't think it's unusual for players to be on the official roster and not qualify later. Let's hope we see confirmation of him on campus soon.

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Hopefully, but I don't think it's unusual for players to be on the official roster and not qualify later. Let's hope we see confirmation of him on campus soon.

IF he does not qualify, what are his options? He's already taken a year of prep school, correct? Could he go to prep school again or would he have to go JUCO? Or sit out as a Prop 48 - although does anybody still do that? Is that even still a thing? Seems very rare.

5 hours ago, Billikenswin said:

Thor is playing for Iceland in the U-20 European championships. He will come over in July after that competition..He is practicing hard and the games will be tough so he will be helped by the experience.

Euro Tourney is July 14-22 and Ingvi is listed on the Iceland roster. He is listed at 199 cm which is 6'6" and is listed as a Point Guard.

The link is for Ingvi's stats from the 2017 U20 Euro Championship. The link for his 2016 tourney stats is near the end of the page.

http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u20/2017/player/Ingvi-Thor-Gudmundsson

TheChosenOne likes this

19 minutes ago, ACE said:

IF he does not qualify, what are his options? He's already taken a year of prep school, correct? Could he go to prep school again or would he have to go JUCO? Or sit out as a Prop 48 - although does anybody still do that? Is that even still a thing? Seems very rare.

i would think he would have to go to jucoland. 

For those that followed Coach at Oklahoma State, where do you see this roster stacking up against Coach’s other past teams?  

I pose this question based on pure roster talent/athleticism alone, and not necessarily taking into account the age of the younger players and their individual room for growth.

5 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Encouraging "news" on Jacobs. As WGSTL posted earlier, Wiley is in STL so hopefully that means he can hit the court in the next day or so! Wilely posted an Instagram story (or whatever the kids are calling it) of him walking his dog in STL. I''m guessing that is what WGSTL saw too last night.

8 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Encouraging "news" on Jacobs. As WGSTL posted earlier, Wiley is in STL so hopefully that means he can hit the court in the next day or so! Wilely posted an Instagram story (or whatever the kids are calling it) of him walking his dog in STL. I''m guessing that is what WGSTL saw too last night.

i think I saw Wiley in a SLU video? 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Euro Tourney is July 14-22 and Ingvi is listed on the Iceland roster. He is listed at 199 cm which is 6'6" and is listed as a Point Guard.

The link is for Ingvi's stats from the 2017 U20 Euro Championship. The link for his 2016 tourney stats is near the end of the page.

http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u20/2017/player/Ingvi-Thor-Gudmundsson

-do you mean Thor?

18 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Good interview with Coach Ford:

Not to quote myself but people should give this a listen. Coach still super high on Gordon.

also says the team played 3-3 and the team of Goodwin, Hankton, and (he thought French), didn’t lose a game a day 

17 hours ago, ACE said:

17 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i would think he would have to go to jucoland. 

If he wants to play immediately, then yes, juco is the route. He could also sit a year at SLU and play in 2019-2020.

I'll just take the optimism passed along to Stu as a good indication, and that he'll be at SLU later this summer and ready to go this fall.

15 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Per Stu on twitter, Elliott is still not cleared to play. Kinda seems like it’s never going to happen at this point. It’s a shame. 

you arent surely counting on welmer to ever play again are you?   the way i look at it, if he somehow defeats the bill walton condition and somehow does come back to contribute, bonus.   if not it is pretty obvious ford has pretty much built a roster able to move on.  

13 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Per Stu on twitter, Elliott is still not cleared to play. Kinda seems like it’s never going to happen at this point. It’s a shame. 

At the golf tournament Elliot told me September was the target date. 

6 minutes ago, willie said:

At the golf tournament Elliot told me September was the target date. 

Gotta think they are going the most conservative route to give EW the best chance of playing.  Like roy, I'd be surprised if we see any meaningful contribution from EW again, but I sure am rooting for him to get back on the court. 

38 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

you arent surely counting on welmer to ever play again are you?   the way i look at it, if he somehow defeats the bill walton condition and somehow does come back to contribute, bonus.   if not it is pretty obvious ford has pretty much built a roster able to move on.  

Definitely not counting on it. But judging by the fact that he’s still on scholarship, featuring in team social media, listed on roster, etc., you would like to think he will play eventually. Otherwise what is the point?

hes our fifth forward at best even if healthy, so it’s not a big loss. But his shooting off the bench and ability to stretch the floor could be useful at times.