2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

JGood has definitely slimmed down.  Santos is a gotdamn werewolf. 

Santos has a big frame.

Our frontline is going to be a problem for the A10.

12 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like our frontline was getting some work in today. I can't wait to watch these guys bully the A10.

i hope they are practicing free throws.   other teams are going to have to beat on our front guys to compete and we need to be able to convert those opportunities at the line.   i am tired of french having to sit out the last 3 minutes of the game.  

bauman, willie, TheDude and 1 other like this

As someone pointed out earlier, our biggest hurdle this year is probably the fact that 9 of our 13 players have never played a game together in a Billiken uniform.  Given that, I hope we see Isabell, Wiley and "Thor" reporting in shortly.  I know it is early but they need all the time together they can get working as part of this team.

Jacobs, I cut some slack as he is working on some academic issues, but as soon as that is solved (hopefully very soon) I hope he gets here to catch up as I believe that he could be a real contributor to the team's success this year. 

Regarding Roy's free throws comment, specifically regarding Hassan, I agree.  I can't imagine that TF and staff are not working on that issue and that HF knows the importance of becoming, at the very least, a fair FT shooter.  Surely he doesn't want to sit out the end of games this year either.  BTW, Foreman and Goodwin could stand to improve also.  It did seem that Jordan improved as the year progressed , but if he is going to have the ball in his hands at the end of games then he needs to continue to improve that part of his game. 

If anyone can help with the FT problem it is most likely Ford himself, who was a great FT shooter in college. 

slu72 and slufanskip like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i hope they are practicing free throws.   other teams are going to have to beat on our front guys to compete and we need to be able to convert those opportunities at the line.   i am tired of french having to sit out the last 3 minutes of the game.  

Agreed and hopefully French can make big improvements there. Could net him an extra 3 or 4 points a game just at the line.

That said, fortunately Santos and Gordon appear to be decent free throw shooters.  Gordon was a 66% shooter last year, while Santos is a career 72% FT shooter.  If French and Foreman can't move their percentages up, we may be leaning on these two down the stretch.   

2 hours ago, bauman said:

As someone pointed out earlier, our biggest hurdle this year is probably the fact that 9 of our 13 players have never played a game together in a Billiken uniform.  Given that, I hope we see Isabell, Wiley and "Thor" reporting in shortly.  I know it is early but they need all the time together they can get working as part of this team.

Jacobs, I cut some slack as he is working on some academic issues, but as soon as that is solved (hopefully very soon) I hope he gets here to catch up as I believe that he could be a real contributor to the team's success this year. 

Regarding Roy's free throws comment, specifically regarding Hassan, I agree.  I can't imagine that TF and staff are not working on that issue and that HF knows the importance of becoming, at the very least, a fair FT shooter.  Surely he doesn't want to sit out the end of games this year either.  BTW, Foreman and Goodwin could stand to improve also.  It did seem that Jordan improved as the year progressed , but if he is going to have the ball in his hands at the end of games then he needs to continue to improve that part of his game. 

If anyone can help with the FT problem it is most likely Ford himself, who was a great FT shooter in college. 

Confirming this.  Each player was given a list of “basic” priorities to work on going into the summer (3 pt., explosiveness/acceleration, ball handling, etc.). 

For Has, free throws and mid/long range shooting were near the top of that list - We’ll see the results and honesty of HF’s work come Fall.

Pistol likes this