2018-19 season

3 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Didn’t want to start a new thread for this...I see French is giving a lot of shout outs to Mo Bamba.  Also, he posted a picture of them playing against each other (presumably in AAU ball).  Anyone know the connection?  

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I know they've been friends for a long time.  I remember when Mo's brother was trying to throw Mo under the bus and turn him into the FBI, and french was pretty vocal about his support. 

Yeah, they're both NYC kids from the same class who both played for the PSA Cardinals in AAU. They both went to northeastern prep schools, too, although Bamba went to Westtown School in the Pennsylvania league, and French's school was in the NEPSAC, the New England prep school association.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yeah, they're both NYC kids from the same class who both played for the PSA Cardinals in AAU. They both went to northeastern prep schools, too, although Bamba went to Westtown School in the Pennsylvania league, and French's school was in the NEPSAC, the New England prep school association.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

26 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The most recent test was June 9th. Multiple choice scores were supposed to be released on the 19th, with complete scores (with essay) released by July 3rd. I think the variability comes into play based on when the test taker's essay gets graded. Could be right after the 19th, could be in July. So Jacobs probably doesn't have his full June score yet, but should at least know how he did on the multiple choice portion.

The last ACT of the 2017-2018 period is July 14th. Multiple choice scores are due on the 24th, with complete scores (with essay) due on August 7th. So that's basically the latest Jacobs would know. Let's hope he got it on this June one.

Literally means nothing but Jacobs retweeted his jersey number from the SLU account. 

3 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-I don't know who this guy is but clearly he knows his stuff 😊

Freelance draftnik and also covers AAU tourneys.  He has a podcast that I have listened to.  He watches a lot of basketball.

HenryB likes this

16 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Glad to see a media "expert" feeling as good as I do about Jacobs.  I think his enrollment is a key piece of this years' recruiting success.  Not that he is a critical piece of the 18-19 team but he is important going forward given that next year we will be losing 2 GTs who can fill the Guard position.  Watching what he is capable of in his highlight video makes me certain that  we do not have a guard on the roster that has his athletic abilities.  By saying this I am not taking anything away from Goodwin and Thatch who bring similar skills to the team that Jacobs doesn't.  I think Jacobs is a perfect complement to both JG and FT in the backcourt.

39 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Glad wileys now in STL.  Now just waiting on thor, Jacob's, and isabell?

Where did you hear that Wiley is here?  Did you see him on one of the practice videos?  Also, wasn't there a picture in some thread a week+ ago of Isabell in his cap and gown?  Could he have "walked" if he was not finished with his school's requirements?

I know Thor is from Iceland, but it seems like he is missing a lot of needed court/practice time by not being here.  I wonder if his brother also reports in late to Davidson?  If the coaching staff didn't feel like this practice time was beneficial, maybe even necessary for 1st year players,    then why would they be doing it?  Despite his late commit, Hankton is here and I'm sure he is benefiting from his time with the coaches and his new teammates.  Get on the plane, Thor.

D Jacobs, if you are reading this Board good luck on getting whatever you are working on completed so you can report in.

I love the DJ at practice.  Good move coach.

last night on the radio show Ford talked a lot more on Thor and how excited he was coming. Made a few jokes about moving from Iceland to the US. Said he was an excellent shooter and can take it up the court. 

Was very high on French, said he was one of the best freshmen in the nation last year. Very excited about this team and the schedule. 

Talked a lot about how tall our forwards are, including Welmer. 

Did not talk about our grad transfers yet, presumably because they haven't been at practice yet. 

https://twitter.com/BigSportsShow?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.billikens.com%2F

Interview last night on KTRS with Rammer and Coach.  Nothing you don't already know but fun to listen too.  Coach said top 7 or 8 in A10 will be balanced and strong.  Rammer told the water bottle story again after the interview.

6 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

last night on the radio show Ford talked a lot more on Thor and how excited he was coming. Made a few jokes about moving from Iceland to the US. Said he was an excellent shooter and can take it up the court. 

Was very high on French, said he was one of the best freshmen in the nation last year. Very excited about this team and the schedule. 

Talked a lot about how tall our forwards are, including Welmer. 

Did not talk about our grad transfers yet, presumably because they haven't been at practice yet. 

Thanks for the info.  Did he talk about Santos at all?  I hope he is a flying under the radar guy.  He just looks like a beast that will make our group of #4/5 players (LS, DJF, HF and CAG) the best in the A-10. 

I'll believe Welmer when I see him on the court w/o a walking boot.  Even if he is healthy he will have a hard time breaking into that 4/5 four man rotation unless needed to pull his defender out of the paint.  With Bess getting most of the #3 position minutes, again there isn't a lot of available time to be had at that spot either, which all goes to show the depth of this year's team. (And the preceding doesn't even mention whatever minutes-probably not many-that Hankton will get or time that Thatch or Wiley might get at the #3)

Throw in a backcourt of Goodwin, Isabell, Thor, Jacobs (hopefully), Thatch and Wiley and we ain't seen anything like this in a looooooong time, if ever!

Go Bills

5 minutes ago, bauman said:

Thanks for the info.  Did he talk about Santos at all?  I hope he is a flying under the radar guy.  He just looks like a beast that will make our group of #4/5 players (LS, DJF, HF and CAG) the best in the A-10. 

When talking about size on the court he mentioned Santos and also highlighted his weight -250 which he didnt say for the others. He will be a bully on the court

12 minutes ago, Billikenswin said:

Thor is playing for Iceland in the U-20 European championships. He will come over in July after that competition..He is practicing hard and the games will be tough so he will be helped by the experience.

love love love

11 minutes ago, Billikenswin said:

Thor is playing for Iceland in the U-20 European championships. He will come over in July after that competition..He is practicing hard and the games will be tough so he will be helped by the experience.

Thanks, that is good info and can't do anything but help him get ready.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, bauman said:

Glad to see a media "expert" feeling as good as I do about Jacobs.  I think his enrollment is a key piece of this years' recruiting success.  Not that he is a critical piece of the 18-19 team but he is important going forward given that next year we will be losing 2 GTs who can fill the Guard position.  Watching what he is capable of in his highlight video makes me certain that  we do not have a guard on the roster that has his athletic abilities.  By saying this I am not taking anything away from Goodwin and Thatch who bring similar skills to the team that Jacobs doesn't.  I think Jacobs is a perfect complement to both JG and FT in the backcourt.

Why would someone react "troll" to this?  Even if you disagree it would be bad post, but how in the hell is Bauman a troll?

20 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Why would someone react "troll" to this?  Even if you disagree it would be bad post, but how in the hell is Bauman a troll?

Looks like he gave trolls to two posts in a row, and I'm guessing it was by mistake.

9 minutes ago, pierrelaclede said:

Full roster is now up on the official website. Everyone is there.

Yes!! My head is light and my pants are tight, oh my!!!! 

However being a lifelong pessimist and given our recent history, I won't rest until everyone is warming up before the first regular season game this fall.