Atlantic 10 Tournament 2018

We are a six seed.

We play the winner of GWash and Fordham. If we play GWash, it will be the 3rd straight season where we played them in the second round. Let's not make it our their loss.

if we win that, we get red hit Davidson. We only lost to them by three on the road, so it could be a close game, who knows.

if we win that we most likely get a third try at Saint Bona. Good luck with that. 

If we make the championship, we get Rhody, Joeys, or Mason most likely. I feel like these teams are easier to beat than Davidson and Bona. 

If we win that we are probably a 13 or 12 seed in the NCAAT (won't happen most likely, but we can hope)

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather we had the Thursday bye but if I had select a Thursday bracket I go with this one. 2 of our easiest wins in the A10 was the GW & Fordham games. The Greek kid even got in some minutes for one of them. For the Friday game, I was at the Davidson game back in early January and I thought we should won that one. Most that game we were in the lead. 

Regarding the 4th seed, the one we blew was not last night, Bonnies are one of the hottest teams in the Nation now. We should had a better showing Wednesday night when we played Duquesne.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Both Stu and A10 Talk yesterday said SLU could only be a 4 or a 7. I guess there were more scenarios than they accounted for. Anyway, here’s the bracket:

It's crazy how the four way tie breaker worked out.  Particularly interesting to see how VCU got 8th, even though they beat us.  Go figure.

SEEDS
5. George Mason (9-9)*
6. Saint Louis (9-9)**
7. Richmond (9-9)***
8. VCU (9-9)

* based on 3-2 record against other teams 9-9
** based on 2-2 record against other teams 9-9 AND 2-0 record vs Richmond
*** based on 3-3 record against other teams 9-9 (VCU is 2-3 against the others 9-9)

50 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Nobody will be there. Buy them cheap on stub hub. sit wherever you want.

or out in front before game. Scalpers buy the folk's whose team lost tickets and then sell them next day. buyer's market usually.

For anyone curious.

March 6, 2018

Conference Futures
Odds to Win Atlantic 10 Tournament

Rhode Island   +150
Davidson   +325
St. Bonaventure   +400
Saint Louis   +1200
Saint Josephs   +1200
VCU   +1400
George Mason   +2000
Richmond   +2500
Dayton   +2500
George Washington   +2500
Duquesne   +3300
La Salle   +3300
Massachusetts   +5000
Fordham   +5000

RIP HUMPS likes this

On 3/6/2018 at 3:15 PM, Taj79 said:

Got my seats through Vivid web site for Night One.  A paltry $5/seat.  Section 121, Row Q.  But I'll move into the Billiken section come game time. 

That is probably one of the cheapest tickets ever sold at the Verizon Center.

Sometimes I feel like the Miracle in Memphis was a bit of a blessing and a curse.  On one hand, it provided some amazing memories, not to mention the cash and exposure of an NCAA tourney appearance.  On the other hand, I am now programmed to feel like we have a fighting chance in the conference tourney every year.

Westy03 likes this

3 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Sometimes I feel like the Miracle in Memphis was a bit of a blessing and a curse.  On one hand, it provided some amazing memories, not to mention the cash and exposure of an NCAA tourney appearance.  On the other hand, I am now programmed to feel like we have a fighting chance in the conference tourney every year.

We do.  We are the Billikens.