Grad Transfer & JUCO Tracker

ACE

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Wasn't last spring pretty mediocre? We added Luis Santos and Rashed Anthony. I'll take Thor and Jacobs over that any day and I still think we'll get a serviceable 5th year transfer before its all said and done.

Yeah, you're right. I think the difference for me this year is that I've been reading up on a lot more grad transfers and transfers, all of which signed elsewhere. I'm just complaining. I'm also still planning on crushing a case of Bud LIght Limes tonight!

Edit: I'm also in a bad mood because I was reading about Mizzou's transfer before RiseAndGrind broke the Coleman news.

RIP HUMPS likes this

18 minutes ago, wgstl said:

we dont have a lot to offer GT and transfers right now.  Its a nice position to be in for once. 

I do think we can offer a grad transfer guard a significant role considering we have three freshman guards coming in. I see an opportunity for an experienced guard.

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

I do think we can offer a grad transfer guard a significant role considering we have three freshman guards coming in. I see an opportunity for an experienced guard.

No I definitely think we need one. But I'm saying a lot of the ones we've been talking about on this board that everybody wants probably would rather go to a team that desperately needs someone to fill that position.

as long as ford is convinced the recruits coming in has goodwin bench time covered adequately then whatever.   if he takes a decent practice player grad transfer that is also a good teammate influence (see anthony) fine.  otherwise dont waste a multiple year scholarship situation on someone just to fill a roster spot.  

Here are Coleman's shooting grades.....

S3 = Small Sample Size

1st yr AL..... S3 / F- / S3

2nd yr AL.....S3 /  F- / S3

Samfd...........D /  B- / A+.....Overall season ....B-

Overall career....F- / F- / A+....Overall career grade.....D+

I like to see the Bills go after at least B shooters.  Even if you just look at the Samford season he is a marginal shooter at B- unless you like FT shooting.

I think we can match this guy or better if we continue to look.

Interesting stat line on Isabell.  He shot 15.2 FGA per game. That's a bunch.  By comparison, Goodwin in his 26 games lead the Bills with 11.2 FGA per game.  Bess was next at 9.8 FGA per game.   Yes I know Brian, we played slow at 65.8 ppg and Drexel played fast at 77.4 ppg, but there is only one ball on the court at a time. 

34% from behind the arc, with 5.3 3FGA and 1.8 3FGM.  Roby topped the Bills charts on 3's with 4.8 3FGA/1.7 3FGM per game.

Will Isabell accept a role other than chief shooter on his next team?  With the teams listed above, he likely knows that will need to happen.

billikens747 likes this

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting stat line on Isabell.  He shot 15.2 FGA per game. That's a bunch.  By comparison, Goodwin in his 26 games lead the Bills with 11.2 FGA per game.  Bess was next at 9.8 FGA per game.   Yes I know Brian, we played slow at 65.8 ppg and Drexel played fast at 77.4 ppg, but there is only one ball on the court at a time. 

34% from behind the arc, with 5.3 3FGA and 1.8 3FGM.  Roby topped the Bills charts on 3's with 4.8 3FGA/1.7 3FGM per game.

Will Isabell accept a role other than chief shooter on his next team?  With the teams listed above, he likely knows that will need to happen.

Too often last year Hines was our designated, shot clock winding down, one too many pass recipient, nobody really open, completely shameless,  chucker.  If Goodwin was completely confident in his shot, if Jalen had been, if Bess had been, that would've not happened nearly as much.  We do have a need for a chucker, and Isabell would definitely fill that need      

dennis_w likes this

I am taking the blue koolaide optimistic take, we are close to signing him or some other GT like him and that is why JJ transfered.

Sounds like a great GT get it done coach Ford.

22 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

Too often last year Hines was our designated, shot clock winding down, one too many pass recipient, nobody really open, completely shameless,  chucker.  If Goodwin was completely confident in his shot, if Jalen had been, if Bess had been, that would've not happened nearly as much.  We do have a need for a chucker, and Isabell would definitely fill that need      

Just a data point, nothing more, nothing less.  Hines had 6.5 FGA last season, ranking 6th on the team. 

Here is the shooting line on Isabel when he was at Drexel.....B / D / B+....overall shooting grade...B-

By way of comparison...Here is Jalen Johnson's line in the just completed season....F / A- / A-...overall shooting grade...B-

These grades are based on "main" players...a main player is somebody who MAKES this many shots in a season...100 /25 /50

On the surface Johnson and Isabel grade out the same....but if we landed Isabel...you would be trading Johnson's 3's for  Isabel's 2's...

As long as we have someone who can step up and making the missing 3s then Isabel would be a good substitute..

dennis_w likes this

9 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Just a data point, nothing more, nothing less.  Hines had 6.5 FGA last season, ranking 6th on the team. 

4.2 of the six point five were as I described.  The other 2.3 were shots with way too much time on the clock.