Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The sanctions apply to school (academics), not athletic participation.  He's got four semesters in which he's not allowed on campus.  This spring semester is the first of the four.

that's IF his original punishment stands, whereas Goodwin's got heavily reduced.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

that's IF his original punishment stands, whereas Goodwin's got heavily reduced.

Likely much ado about nothing, but I just figured we would have heard by now that JB is transferring or going pro or whatever.  It likely means nothing, but the almost complete silence about JB is curious. 

My question is, will anyone at these awareness month events ever point out the vast levels of distinction between "rape" and "miscommunication in the bedroom"? It's scary times when people like Kratky argue that it's "all the same" (i.e. the rape culture) and that we should just lump all male actions together in order to establish new sexual norms that even feminists can't agree on yet....

4 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-there's no chance a SJW or the like can get involved and prevent someone from re-enrolling, is there? 

I don't think Goodwin has to re-enroll if that's what you are asking.  He was suspended, not expelled.  I would think that would be main difference because other than that, they are the same in that the person can't be on campus.  

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Putting every article behind a pay wall is the precursor to the HUGE expose they will be releasing.

I'm thinking the paywall is only for those with ad-block software.  I can still access everything with the stupid survey bs.....

Re: Goodwin, it was reported that his suspension was for 2 months effective around February 14 (I think).  Also, I thought it was reported that he was no longer enrolled. 

Either way, I wonder what happens logistically.  Does he re-enroll in 10 days? Does he simply get to come back on campus? Does he wait until the summer to do whatever he needs to do re: his SLU student status (I’m guessing this is the easiest route logistically)? 

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

I'm thinking the paywall is only for those with ad-block software.  I can still access everything with the stupid survey bs.....

It’s weird. At the office I can’t read anything on the website. At home I have to fill out a stupid survey. On my phone through the app I have none of that junk.

17 minutes ago, kshoe said:

It’s weird. At the office I can’t read anything on the website. At home I have to fill out a stupid survey. On my phone through the app I have none of that junk.

I complained via e-mail yesterday, because I disabled AdBlock but still couldn't get out of the "pay-up" loop.  I got the following response:

IF you’re still being told you’re blocking ads, it’s possible the network your using is doing it for you.

* If you are using Firefox and you happen to have it using “private browsing mode”, it’ll block ads.

* There are company network firewalls that have ad blocking in place.

* There are company network firewalls that block “tracking scripts”, but in the process also block ads.

* There are newer home modems and routers that do similar things.

Check with your network administrator to see if any ad blocking or “tracker blocking” is in place.

The other solution is to purchase a digital subscription, and login, when you do that the ad-blocking check isn’t done.

Go to http://stltoday.com/subscribenow for details.

Today I've discovered the issue is tracking protection.  If you disable tracking protection, along with ad blocking, then articles should come up.

3 hours ago, kshoe said:

Right click - open in incognito. No ads. No surveys. No paywall.  

11 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

April is SLU's "Sexual Assault Awareness" month.....

Someone needs to tell Jalen Johnson to step away from the woman in picture 2. He's getting a little to close for Kratky liking.

23 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Someone needs to tell Jalen Johnson to step away from the woman in picture 2. He's getting a little to close for Kratky liking.

Did Billiken Academics get a signed and notarized release from everyone before taking pictures? 

39 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Did Billiken Academics get a signed and notarized release from everyone before taking pictures? 

Just our luck Ford will be the one taking the pictures and he'll get suspended.