Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

57 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Also I will say that I was able to get in touch with one the players involved in the situation. That player's spirit has also been crushed and they are more concerned with what SLU did to their life than what SLU did to their basketball career. Once we get a little more finality on this situation, I will pass along what he said to me (there's not a ton of huge new information, but definitely some stuff that hasn't been leaked yet). But want to keep it here while the investigation continues to keep everyone out of trouble. If you are really dying to know, you can PM me but I ask that it doesn't get back to the main board. 

Alright I will probably not respond to any more pms for a while. The info isn't as good as people want it to be 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK my two cents worth. Whatever happens happens, but I think the big question for the Administration at this time is when they are going to make their public statement. That is a thorny issue for the administration, no matter how you look at it. So I believe the best solution for the administration is to leave the public announcement (plus suspensions, etc...) aside until the basketball season is over and done with. From my point of view there is no way to clarify or justify some of the actions taken, so they may attempt to mitigate whatever happens after the announcement by simply delaying it until the season (including post season tournaments if we happen to be invited, which I doubt will be the case) is completely over. Simply stated, there is nothing to gain by speeding up the announcement this close to the end of the season.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Every morning I retroactively place bad post votes on Travs posts. I'm almost back one month.

LOLLLLLLLLLLL I will join you in this fight...... Listen, I know we started out as foe. But after that courageous act that you showed me, against the one they call TRav's, maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.

MattyMo213 likes this

6 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

LOLLLLLLLLLLL I will join you in this fight...... Listen, I know we started out as foe. But after that courageous act that you showed me, against the one they call TRav's, maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.

Believe this or not, but my son, a UNC Greensboro grad, was at their home game tonight and started hearing people behind him referencing the Billikens. After 35 years of me following the Billikens, he's become a fan over the past 5 years or so, and loves listening to Rammer and Earl. After a minute or two, he said he turned around and asked them how they're associated with the Billikens. Turns out it was none other than Ty Graves' Dad sitting behind him. Said they chatted during some timeouts and the situation is apparently as crazy as we've been led to believe. SLU is trying hard to save face with Goodwin but cast off the others as they have no ties to the community. Said he didn't pick up any info on why Bishop is still practicing, not playing, but enrolled. Haven't been able to get a full report on what was said as he called when the game was at halftime.

Is that a crazy coincidence or what?

16 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Believe this or not, but my son, a UNC Greensboro grad, was at their home game tonight and started hearing people behind him referencing the Billikens. After 35 years of me following the Billikens, he's become a fan over the past 5 years or so, and loves listening to Rammer and Earl. After a minute or two, he said he turned around and asked them how they're associated with the Billikens. Turns out it was none other than Ty Graves' Dad sitting behind him. Said they chatted during some timeouts and the situation is apparently as crazy as we've been led to believe. SLU is trying hard to save face with Goodwin but cast off the others as they have no ties to the community. Said he didn't pick up any info on why Bishop is still practicing, not playing, but enrolled. Haven't been able to get a full report on what was said as he called when the game was at halftime.

This is great information and what follows is 100% not directed toward you. 

I’m going to sounds like a piece of sh!t isn’t the first won’t be the last time. All I give a about anymore are Graves and Goodwin. 

31 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is great information and what follows is 100% not directed toward you. 

I’m going to sounds like a piece of sh!t isn’t the first won’t be the last time. All I give a about anymore are Graves and Goodwin. 

You mean Bishop and Goodwin?

50 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

At some point we will likely have a better understanding of why Goodwin has been allowed to play while the other 3 couldn’t. As f’d up as this process has been I refuse to believe it could be because he is the local star and the other 3 aren’t. Rather, he must have had a different involvement that night.

i understand Graves’ dads frustration going back to his original questioning some 100 pages ago about why the 4th player played, but it defies all reason to me to believe it was based on his local popularity.

Coach314 likes this

12 minutes ago, kshoe said:

At some point we will likely have a better understanding of why Goodwin has been allowed to play while the other 3 couldn’t. As f’d up as this process has been I refuse to believe it could be because he is the local star and the other 3 aren’t. Rather, he must have had a different involvement that night.

i understand Graves’ dads frustration going back to his original questioning some 100 pages ago about why the 4th player played, but it defies all reason to me to believe it was based on his local popularity.

Then it's probably SLU's rationale

SShoe likes this

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

God bless, please be true.

3 hours ago, Aristotle said:

The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in time of moral crisis preserve their neutrality.

Oh Ho! an Aristotelian, or is it Dante you are quoting?, claiming moral superiority. To this quote you should add Jesus' quote "Let him who is free of all sin cast the first stone." Meet you in Hell bud, we all sin one way or the other, the difference may be that you are not aware of sinning for you are pure. Nice Gig. 

7 hours ago, slufan13 said:

The SLU Title IX people have killed my spirit. My life centered around Billiken basketball for so long. Now I haven't been to a game since late November, I only watch games if I have nothing else to do, and I'm even past the point of being upset/interested in this situation. The school botched this situation in so many ways. The 60 day investigation taking 120 days despite having the report after ~90 days. Moving the kids back on campus only to move them out a few days later. The athletic department featuring all the players in a tweet for the first time all season only for them not to play in any games and then an insanely harsh and ridiculous punishment to come down. Now we are well past the appeal process deadline and there is no decision or finality in sight. Pestello has been a coward, the Title IX office has shown zero ability to operate while Kratky is on maternity leave which is a knock on both the Title IX people and Kratky herself. A hearing officer who would qualify as the exact opposite of "free from perceived biases". A biased survey which was clearly set up to get certain answers filled with misspellings and questions that literally forced you to choose a form of sexual assault that you've been a victim of. It's all a joke now.

People can criticize me and others all they want for not coming to games. They can call us fake fans. I don't really care. Anyone who knows me knows that I would have given anything to this program. When I was a student and worked in the athletic department, I would be at the arena before anyone other than the overnight security guards to help get everything set up. I missed Christmases, family events, etc to come to games. I drove 2 hours through an ice storm to watch a Crews coached team lose by 28 at home to George Mason. But this situation has killed my spirit. The Title IX people who are reading this will tell me that the players' decisions killed my spirit but they are wrong. This administration and their handling of this situation killed it. This very same punishment could have come out in November and I would have been pissed off but I also would have rallied around this team and supported them night in and night out. When you add the length of the situation to the complete and utter lack of transparency, combined with the obvious biases and extreme punishments along with the general lack of any kind of common sense and pure lies (survey), the administration has killed my Billiken spirit.

I never donated a lot of money (cheap season tix plus a separate cash donation) so maybe my opinion doesn't matter. I don't know that I'll get tickets next year. I feel like I should because Chris May helped me get my job as a thank you for all the work I did for the athletic department as a student, but the idea of supporting the school sounds terrible to me. I know supporting the AD is different, but I just want to see this school's administration fail in so many ways that the only energy I have left to give to this situation is to find a way to make this administration fail.

Crews tanked the program but Pestello and this administration burned it to the ground. Ford is the right guy to re-rebuild it but I couldn't blame the guy if he was trying to get as far away as possible from this school. Even if we see a complete reversal or significant reduction in punishments, it won't change how this school handled this situation. Hell, if anything, it will tell me that we could have had minimal punishment from the start and we all could have witnessed a special season. 

That's the end of my rant. I hope we get a top 4 seed and run through the A10 tournament. But even if we do, I'm afraid that 2 days before the NCAA tournament, the school will decide to make a final decision on the situation and we'll be left without our best player. 

This is a pretty good summary...

The inability to make a decision is devastating to many lives. It’s a shame...limbo sounds like a terrible place to be stuck. 

Box and Won and Billiken Rich like this

11 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

if SLU gives/gave preferential treatment to Goodwin.... ill soften my stance (which has been sending emails to Pestello calling him a racist) 

We also don't know what his role was/is, as it pertains to the rest of the bunch (rumors are like a-holes in this mess - everyone's got one - and they stink). 

Guilt by association is incredibly childish, but not outside the realm of the shadow system of justice that is Title IX.