Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Has anyone looked at the twitter mentions of SLU and Pestello lately? It isn't pretty. Seemingly everything he posts has at least one or two responses regarding the situation. 

Congrats 05 on repurposing #freethe3 from some sort of Saudi prisoner release movement..

still need more

16 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Has anyone looked at the twitter mentions of SLU and Pestello lately? It isn't pretty. Seemingly everything he posts has at least one or two responses regarding the situation. 

Congrats 05 on repurposing #freethe3 from some sort of Saudi prisoner release movement..

Wow his mentions are not good 

22 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I’ve been getting a lot of weird retweets....

I got into this with my dad last night at the game, but at the end of the day Pestello should be held responsible for making the decision to completely outsource this and allow it to drag on so long with no apparent resolution in sight. I refuse to believe that SLU couldn't have found a law firm to run this process under a timeline more like 2 months instead of the 4 months we are trending towards.

If Pestello knew it would take this long, then shame on him for going down this path. If Pestello didn't know it would take this long then shame on him for not doing his due diligence in who he hired and shame on him for not exerting some pressure to get this wrapped up in a timely fashion. And exerting pressure to do something in a timely manner should not be confused with taking sides or influencing the decision.

slubillikens43 and thetorch like this

22 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Ha! I noticed that.  I assume on some govt watch list now.  To be fair, I was probably on a couple already.

Confirmed.

You and Leon.

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

I'm still wondering why this isn't being talked about on sports radio.

I know the Bills aren't at the top of the st louis sports pecking order but I'm shocked I've heard so little on this.

Where is Frank C? We need someone with some reach talking about this.

A guy, forget the name, on 590 had a couple of minutes on it about 12:45 this afternoon.  The SLU Title IX co-ordinator, forget the name, has the case.  She's also the interim Title IX co-ordinator for Baylor and it was speculated that too much was on her plate to give this swift attention to this matter. So this will push into January.  All of this per the guy speaking. 

Edited by someoneelse
more information

You are mistaken If you think dealing with any law firm can be quick.  It makes no difference whether case is criminal or civil..The recent case involving murder by Clemens dates back to 1991.  Hard to imagine its effect on the family of the murdered girls.  Even though the legal system is what makes us great the pace at which it proceeds is extremely unfair to all concerned

20 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I got into this with my dad last night at the game, but at the end of the day Pestello should be held responsible for making the decision to completely outsource this and allow it to drag on so long with no apparent resolution in sight. I refuse to believe that SLU couldn't have found a law firm to run this process under a timeline more like 2 months instead of the 4 months we are trending towards.

If Pestello knew it would take this long, then shame on him for going down this path. If Pestello didn't know it would take this long then shame on him for not doing his due diligence in who he hired and shame on him for not exerting some pressure to get this wrapped up in a timely fashion. And exerting pressure to do something in a timely manner should not be confused with taking sides or influencing the decision.

Regardless of the outcome, there are some really odd things about this whole deal. Why is it taking so long? If the university legitimately believes that one or more players might be guilty of serious malfeasance, why are they allowed to travel across the country on the school's dime? 

It would be nice if some journalist put some effort to shine a light on this. If slu is allowing this to drag on, the relative lack of media coverage is enabling it to do so.

RealTalk likes this

Just now, DeSmetBilliken said:

Regardless of the outcome, there are some really odd things about this whole deal. Why is it taking so long? If the university legitimately believes that one or more players might be guilty of serious malfeasance, why are they allowed to travel across the country on the school's dime? 

It would be nice if some journalist put some effort to shine a light on this. If slu is allowing this to drag on, the relative lack of media coverage is enabling it to do so.

Unfortunately all we have is the Post......Wonder if the RFT has anyone....

Who knows....maybe SLU will manage to screw this up to the point that the three players transfer and turn-around and all sue the school.  Then the accusers (who also should be equally upset) also feel that justice delayed is justice denied and they sue the school.

John Brown puts it succinctly and gets to the crux of the issue.... either (1) the school is leaving sexual predators on campus and within the student body or (2) they are wrongly dragging the names of three black men through the mud.  Either way, the inability to make a decision is inexcusable and has real-world consequences on everyone involved.

10 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

Who knows....maybe SLU will manage to screw this up to the point that the three players transfer and turn-around and all sue the school.  Then the accusers (who also should be equally upset) also feel that justice delayed is justice denied and they sue the school.

John Brown puts it succinctly and gets to the crux of the issue.... either (1) the school is leaving sexual predators on campus and within the student body or (2) they are wrongly dragging the names of three black men through the mud.  Either way, the inability to make a decision is inexcusable and has real-world consequences on everyone involved.

wait the krafty lady said the slu title 9 system is great and she is so proud of it.   

If they have the full investigation in hand, along with a recommendation, and then the people responsible for making the ultimate decision put it aside for a few weeks to go on hiatus for winter break, that would be appalling. There are at least 5 students whose futures are directly at stake here, and many more indirectly impacted.

Stu's absolutely right. Timing is becoming an increasingly critical issue here in terms of what decisions those students will be able to make.

38 minutes ago, GoBills73 said:

https://twitter.com/JohnJak223/status/943574401815142400

I love this John Brown character....

His response to Jost is great: "Bernstein and Woodward". Doesn't sound right that way :) 

https://twitter.com/JohnJak223/status/943580740666712064

As for Ashley Jost's continual insistence that St. Louis's "Finest" are continuing to investigate the criminal case:

Did they ever arrest the players?  (They did with Situation 1.)  Did they question them, interview them?  Surely any forensic details would already be in.  How long does it usually take to bring a charge of sexual assault these days?

The amount of time this has been just fluttering in the wind is maddeningly frustrating.

7 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

As for Ashley Jost's continual insistence that St. Louis's "Finest" are continuing to investigate the criminal case:

Did they ever arrest the players?  (They did with Situation 1.)  Did they question them, interview them?  Surely any forensic details would already be in.  How long does it usually take to bring a charge of sexual assault these days?

The amount of time this has been just fluttering in the wind is maddeningly frustrating.

They were interviewed, but never took into custody questioning like they were in situation 1.  If that happened we all would know it as arrest records are readily available to the public.