Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous. 

If they have all the info why in the hell wouldn't they sit down and go over it until a decision is made?

They should not be allowed to put it down and say "oh well it will be here when I come back from break. I'll get to it then." 

As much as they don't want to admit it, these are not normal students. This delay is down right irresponsible. 

If we could ever get a big student section I'd like to here them chanting to Postello and the board about this. Get the entire crowd chanting "make a decision" or "free the 3" 

It doesn't matter what but voices need to be heard. 

SouthSide_Billiken likes this

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

Really felt like starting a "free the three" chant at the game tonight........I could've made Pestello hear me from where I was........maybe its time to go renegade....

This needs to be a thing in every game until they return. Let the players know we support them

When SLU hired outside counsel - particularly the national go-to person for such cases - for this investigation, was it her only job for the duration of the investigation? Was it just one thing of many she was working on? Was it her primary focus?

This is an honest question. I'm trying to understand this process.

I lack the words to describe this massive clusterfuok. There are so many layers and so much blame to be assigned. Federal overreach. Academia overcomplications. Continuing poor leadership from Pestello. A weak athletic director. 

At some point the board has to share some blame as well for enabling this stuff. 

12 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Really felt like starting a "free the three" chant at the game tonight........I could've made Pestello hear me from where I was........maybe its time to go renegade....

I'm in Rich let's get it done #freethe3

Let's do it after the national anthem all the way to tip off 

I am section 208 row j I hope you can hear me I will do it

#freethe3

48 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

You can do as you wish, but the university has to bend over backwards to make it appear they are not being influenced by donors or public pressure.  Chanting "free the three" at a game will probably only put more pressure on the school to punish the players to make it clear they were not subject to outside influences. 

Your call, but I'd advise against it if you really care about the players.  You'll notice that their attorneys have been conspicuously silent throughout the process.  They too realize that while the process is on-going, best to let it run its course without any appearance of outside influence or pressure.  Once it is final, that's when voices can be expressed (and possibly litigation), but I'm not sure you'd be helping the cause to do it now.

1 minute ago, Wendelprof said:

You can do as you wish, but the university has to bend over backwards to make it appear they are not being influenced by donors or public pressure.  Chanting "free the three" at a game will probably only put more pressure on the school to punish the players to make it clear they were not subject to outside influences

Your call, but I'd advise against it if you really care about the players.  You'll notice that their attorneys have been conspicuously silent throughout the process.  They too realize that while the process is on-going, best to let it run its course without any appearance of outside influence or pressure.  Once it is final, that's when voices can be expressed (and possibly litigation), but I'm not sure you'd be helping the cause to do it now.

Wha?!