Zeke Moore - 2016 Commit

I feel bad for Zeke. Our program did a 180 from our success of a few years ago and the fan base has nothing to be excited about with the current team. So, we are now grasping for any signs of hope. We have only one recruit currently on the books. Now, this high school kid has to have everything about his game over analyzed.

If we want to let out our frustrations, let's complain about those that currently make up the team. Leave this kid alone at least until he gets here. That is assuming he doesn't decide to change his mind and go elsewhere.

I still feel bad for this sophomore class, Reynolds and Roby in particular.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we want to let out our frustrations, let's complain about those that currently make up the team. Leave this kid alone at least until he gets here. That is assuming he doesn't decide to change his mind and go elsewhere.

I don't think you have to worry about him going anywhere else. Illinois State is the only other decent offer he had on the table.

Agreed. I've felt all along that there is real talent with many of these players. A surplus? No. But you have a core that an actual coach could build around and extract a decent record from if he, y'know, actually could do the job a coach is supposed to do.

I'm not sure RM teams were head and shoulders more talented than this group. (More talented? Yes. Just not supremely so.) If Majerus had this crew, he would have likely ran a couple of them off, but also gotten major improvement from those he kept.

+1

Look how our team starts the second half of each game as a microcosm of Crews efforts. He's probably just in there repeating the exact same game after game

• 1 month later...

I made the trek up North to GO SEE THE KIDS PLAY tonight.

Moore was disappointing to say the least. This was the 3rd time I've seen him this season. Hazelwood Central is one of the top teams in the area and of course features another high major wing recruit in Xavier Sneed.

Pluses - Ball handling is improved. Although in a practical sense he doesn't know how to get good shots off the dribble or on drives. He may break a kids ankles or drive by 3 defenders but can't recover to get a good shot. He shot horribly last night but it was just an off night. He is a shooter.

Minuses - No defense whatsoever. Doesn't know how and has no interest in it. Of a high major D-1 recruit I don't think I've seen another player who was that bad defensively in this type of game. Some guys are disinterested or get bored guarding guys that are inferior to them but this wasn't the case. Rivalry game, head to head against another big time wing and he is a no show on that end of the floor. Riverview finally made a run when Moore was benched late in the game and it was simply that they were now playing 5 on 5 instead of 5 on 4.

Zeke is the coach on the floor, and that is a bad thing. Riverview calls plays but they don't run them and on defense they have no scheme whatsoever. For having 2 D-1 recruits and probably a couple other JUCO and low level college prospects on that team they are one of the worst coached squads around. Riverview's big man Draggs had an impressive game. He is probably a JUCO guy but someone to watch for down the line.

Moore fits in to the Crews recruiting scheme. Long shooter who can play multiple positions. Moore needs to be coached up desperately and that isn't going to happen with Crews though. We lament the defensive play of our guards now, Moore is not even close to them defensively.

Torch I felt the same way after watching zeke at xmas. But he is a shooter. Maybe our new coach will have an early come to Jesus with him. All we can hope for.

• 2 weeks later...

Where does Zeke Moore rank in terms of the best recruits in the senior class in the St. Louis area?

He doesnt get billikens.com excited. He was willing to sign up with Jim Crews and this trainwreck. Says a lot.

Is it the whole story? Remains to be seen.

If Crews is back i expect even fewer wins with Ash leaving.

If Crews is back ill be hoping for 0 wins.

Just fire crews after Brooklyn. Fire Crews now. Just fire Crews.

• 4 weeks later...

Moore's Riverview Gardens team ended its season against Vashon on the 8th with a record of 16-11 (although they only lost twice after the roster reinforcements showed up).

Moore finished with averages of 21.1 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 4.4 APG, and 1.9 SPG. He shot 57.5% from the field, 54.3% from 3, and 82.8% from the FT line.

Moore finished with averages of 21.1 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 4.4 APG, and 1.9 SPG. He shot 57.5% from the field, 54.3% from 3, and 82.8% from the FT line.

Pretty impressive shooting statistics after reading all the negative reviews of his game. If that was Zeke Moore throwing down that dunk, then I'll take him.

Moore's Riverview Gardens team ended its season against Vashon on the 8th with a record of 16-11 (although they only lost twice after the roster reinforcements showed up).

Tony Irons has got Vashon rolling again.

Pretty impressive shooting statistics after reading all the negative reviews of his game. If that was Zeke Moore throwing down that dunk, then I'll take him.

Unfortunately, you have to take HS shooting statistics with a grain of salt as sometimes things get mis-reported and missed FGs aren't included in the stats or coaches intentionally lower the number of missed FGs.

Moore sounds like a shooter and nothing else. Considering jump shots die at SLU, I'd be fine if he looked elsewhere.

Im more concerbed that we already are loaded with spot up shooters. If Zeke comes and we are to be good, we may need an exodus. We need scholarships to land the assets that we need. Nearly any rebound guy could help this team.

Nearly any PG in the country could help us.

Im more concerbed that we already are loaded with spot up shooters. If Zeke comes and we are to be good, we may need an exodus. We need scholarships to land the assets that we need. Nearly any rebound guy could help this team.

Nearly any PG in the country could help us.

Did you just say we are loaded with spot up shooters?

Even if the percentages are inflated - and trust me, I know HS stats are far from 100% accurate - Moore has an elite D-I skill, and that can't be discounted. He has other areas of his game that need serious attention and development, but don't sleep on a shooter like that.

While there is a good chance the stats are off because of the general unreliability of high school statistics, Moore is an elite shooter or appears to be. I think he will be a good local find and a real under the radar addition to the program. This is based on the limited film of him but he has decent form. I'd love for him to be a surprise, kind of like Bishop ended up being. I remember liking what I saw of JB when he signed and for some reason Zeke gives me the same optimism.