Zeke Moore - 2016 Commit

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pumped to see how SLU's height at every position and shooters at every position plays out. For years we've focused on stout defense sometimes to the detriment of scoring. You can be in every game that way even against superior athleticism. You can also be in every game if every dude can make shots. Also hitting shots is more exciting basketball. Hope Moore is a key part of that and we see SLU transition into this type of team.

• 1 month later...

Obviously not, but he went real far out of his way to compliment Zeke's family and specifically his father, I just found it interesting considering what has been said.

I have no inside info whatsoever but I suspect the "father is a an issue" storyline is one of those things that somebody says once or twice on this board and it develops a life of its own and becomes gospel to some.

Saw the picture of the signing in the SLUBilliens site. Nice looking kid with his whole family behind him, all looking very happy. Very nice picture, happy to see that.

I'd be happy too if my kid was going to get a free education at a top notch school like Saint Louis University- even if the coach sucks. It's still much better than UMKC.

I do not have a ton of basis behind this, but I am very excited to see Zeke Moore in a Billiken uniform. People on this board always talk about having to find some of those unheralded recruits that end up being quality for the program, and I think Zeke will be one of those guys. He seems like a competitor, natural scorer, and a fairly grounded kid. Looking at his frame, he looks like a guy who could add functional weight and really blossom in our program. Granted, this is all speculation and not grounded entirely in recruiting statistics or hours of game film, but I am excited about Zeke Moore. Welcome to SLU.

I have no inside info whatsoever but I suspect the "father is a an issue" storyline is one of those things that somebody says once or twice on this board and it develops a life of its own and becomes gospel to some.

Attend a HS game with him in attendance or see how he commadeered coaching staffs at his sons prior school.

I will admit since he took over at Riverview he's been quieter and the times I have seen him on campus with his son he has carried himself better than he used to. Maybe he changed his demeanor because his son was now getting recruited at a higher level.

At no point did I say his father would interfere or cause major problems. He was just a buffoon and maybe his kid would be too. If his father remains coach at Riverview after this season he won't be around the program much. If he quits and decides to sit in on practice everyday at SLU, well I told you so.

I'd be happy too if my kid was going to get a free education at a top notch school like Saint Louis University- even if the coach sucks. It's still much better than UMKC.

Debbie Downer...and you call yourself a fan!

This is a real disservice to the integrity of Jim Crews...and you call yourself a Christian!

Similar to the interest Reggie was receiving from Duke?

-I hope not but thought the same thing

-per their website Riverview is in Collinsville and Triad Tourneys and has "Tournament of Champion' the day after Thanksgiving somewhere and in Ramey Shootout Dec 19

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone in the Peoria area for the holiday? Zeke and the Riverview Gardens team will be playing in the Coventry Health Tournament of Champions (Washington Invitational) starting tonight at 5:30. They'll be taking on Bishop Alemany (CA), and then have a Friday morning game against Huntsville-Lee (AL) and afternoon game against Proviso East (IL). They'll play again on Saturday, time and opponent TBD.

They'll also be playing on Saturday, 12/5 at 2:00 at Ritenour.

Go see Zeke the Freak play!