Recruiting 2015

Unfortunately, you are correct, this can/will happen in any major metropolitan area, where the demographics ensure an explosive atmosphere for these disgraceful riots, looting, destruction, Molotov cocktails and shootings, etcetera, as in Ferguson. Before the facts were out, a few loud lies repeated and repeated over and over again by race baiters and lame fearful media, and thousands of people have blindly es-ploded.

But it is HERE.

Saint Louis.

We are bring used as the national showcase, manipulated, everything blown way out of proportion, with intent. How many organizations and so called leaders from all over have contributed to the hatred, to the mess?

Friends and associates of mine from across the country are calling-emailing-texting me, asking me about this, and they see it as "Saint Louis".

The awful TV video every night is surreal, unprecedented I believe, for, what 9 nights in a row? So do not think this will not hurt Saint Louis University to some extent. Recruiting basketball players, maybe ever so slightly, maybe more, we will probably never really know, but do not forget other general population students' parents, they have to wonder about the sights they have seen so far.

Yeah I think this will hurt the general SLU population much more than our basketball recruiting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I looked Ferguson was not a major city; a tribute to the the P-D this morning ran a background report on three police shootings of the past. They balanced the article by

having innocent victims as well a known criminals. Two white teens teens were killed when stopped in Troy, MO apparently drinking both were shot in the head and killed when the driver inadvertently put the truck in neutral and let it roll toward the officer- the officer lost his job over the incident.

Police are not supposed to make mistakes. They should be held to a higher standard; yet, these are not do over circumstances. When people die the parents and families should

never forget. There is no way to undo these types of actions.

Ferguson is part of a major city. Ask a person from Ferguson where they are from and they will say St. Louis.

Back to the topic. Jimmy Whitt committed to Arkansas today.

Mizzou fans can't be happy losing a top 50 recruit from their home town to their only conference rival and former coach.

Not sure Mizzou fans can be overly disappointed. With the coaching change, Mizzou had a couple of months to try to beat out a coaching staff that had built a relationship with the kid over several years. Plus Kim Anderson is an unknown at this point. Kind of similar to Suggs going to Washington to play for Romar. Sure it is tough to lose local kids to a conference school, but it happens. I would think Mizzou will do just fine in recruiting with Tim Fuller and Rob Fulford and with Kim Anderson they should do just fine coaching against Mike Anderson (would love to see JC abuse a Mike Anderson coached team).

Whitt does look like a great get for Arkansas. With his length and versatility he should fit nicely into their full court pressure defense and transition offense (not sure Anderson runs any half court offense).

I heard with the stuff going on in "Missouri" he just wanted to get out of the state.

To blame Kim Anderson for loosing Whitt is not fair but this may be a sign the honeymoon may be over. Every coach that gets hired always has a short period where they seem to be having nothing but positive stuff happening at first but then something does not fall their way and all of a sudden they are back to having to depend on their long term building. This may be his start of not being star crossed anymore,

Back to the topic. Jimmy Whitt committed to Arkansas today.

Mizzou fans can't be happy losing a top 50 recruit from their home town to their only conference rival and former coach.

Not sure why anybody would go to that dump and not sure how Alden still keeps his job as the scandals continue to mount. Even Mizzou fan Frank Cusumano is outraged by the latest from SPUMAC.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11381416/missouri-tulsa-southern-idaho-face-allegations-did-not-investigate-title-ix-cases

They have had countless situations like this. Contrast how SPUMAC has handled their countless situations compared to how our one situation was handled. Like most of us on this board, I felt like the punishment SLU handed down in our situation did not fit the non-"crime", BUT in fairness, by being so vigilant about the issue, SLU avoided this type of negative publicity. Nobody could accuse SLU of sweeping the situation under the rug or going easy on those involved. They took strong action. Look at the way SPUMAC just let some of these serious situations fester.

Mizzou big problem isn't the NCAA coming down on them. The Feds are going to hammer before this story is over.

Plus, Mizzou is totally destroying the rep of the SEC. They are the newest member and already lead the conference in athletes arrested.

Mizzou big problem isn't the NCAA coming down on them. The Feds are going to hammer before this story is over.

Plus, Mizzou is totally destroying the rep of the SEC. They are the newest member and already lead the conference in athletes arrested.

They had to make up for lost time. When a school sticks out among SEC schools as a rogue, that's saying something.

This has had a huge ripple effect in collegiate sports. Across the board, colleges are amending their policies because of the recent stuff at MIZ and Florida State, among many others.

I play D2 golf and at our NCAA compliance meeting we had a lengthy discussion on this kind of stuff and how the school and the NCAA will handle these situations from now on. It's something we haven't really touched upon in the past and I think it is driven by the recent actions of Missouri athletes, among others.

There is going to be a huge crackdown on this in the next couple of years as even the White House is getting involved.

This has had a huge ripple effect in collegiate sports. Across the board, colleges are amending their policies because of the recent stuff at MIZ and Florida State, among many others.

I play D2 golf and at our NCAA compliance meeting we had a lengthy discussion on this kind of stuff and how the school and the NCAA will handle these situations from now on. It's something we haven't really touched upon in the past and I think it is driven by the recent actions of Missouri athletes, among others.

There is going to be a huge crackdown on this in the next couple of years as even the White House is getting involved.

Sounds like the NCAA is finally hitting it right at the source. D2 golf.

• 2 weeks later...

He's going to be a good one. We showed very little interest in him, He was a lock for Mizzou from day 1.

He was a lock only if mizzou offered. I'm a bit surprised they offered him as they only have one more scholarship to give and have supposedly offered a bunch of top 100 kids. Vanleers other offers were schools like Missouri st., Belmont, SEMO, etc.

He may very well be a good player despite the schools that had offered.

Van Leer raised his stock as a plus shooter over the summer. Those types are increasingly rare. If he had any interest whatsoever in any school other than mizzou he would hace recieved more and better offers.

If he had any interest whatsoever in any school other than mizzou he would hace recieved more and better offers.

Recruiting simply doesn't work like that. If a team knows enough about someone to know they're a lean somewhere they will have already decided to offer or not. It doesn't work the opposite way.

Cullen Van Leer from Pacific committed to Mizzou.

I heard they were recruiting a Euro currently in South America, Joran Van Der Sloot, felt he was a good fit at spumac.

Recruiting simply doesn't work like that. If a team knows enough about someone to know they're a lean somewhere they will have already decided to offer or not. It doesn't work the opposite way.

I'm sure a lot of schools waste their time making an offer when they have no shot at a recruit. Yep that is how recruiting works.

He was a lock only if mizzou offered. I'm a bit surprised they offered him as they only have one more scholarship to give and have supposedly offered a bunch of top 100 kids. Vanleers other offers were schools like Missouri st., Belmont, SEMO, etc.

He may very well be a good player despite the schools that had offered.

The kid is a two-star tool.

I know we only have one scholarship to give so we can be selective, but recruiting seems very quiet. What a difference a year makes. This time last year we already had a bunch of recruiting news due to the large number of open schollies. I think Bartley, Gillman, Jolly and Roby were all already committed by around this time last year and Reynolds was locked up about a month later.