Recruiting 2015

2015 Wings Academy (NY) point guard Desure Buie could go high-major or mid-major. That is unclear. Creighton is no longer involved after landing a point guard this week. Hofstra, Seton Hall and Saint Louis are in the thick of things, but it seems like the Pirates are in the best shape at this point.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/recruiting-roundup-rawle-alkins-wins-mvp-at-sharette-dixon-talks-visits-desure-buie-cuts-to-3-aiken-adds-illinois-offer-will-visit-maryland-duval-tucker-to-visit-syracuse/

SLU also out on Desure Buie.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ernest Goes To Temple.

Disappointing, but at least he didn't go to Shaka or some other A10 school. Aflakpui seemed to be the most talented player we have been chasing. Reading between the lines on Buie, the fact that he is down to Hofstra and Manhattan leads me to believe that better programs like Seton Hall and hopefully us cooled on him. It's still early and plenty of time, especially since we only have one opening for 2015, but I've been a little surprised we haven't heard a few more names,

There are definitely other guys being pursued and I'd be very surprised if another guy is not signed in November. With Welmer coming, I think if it is a terrific big that's just fine; but a scoring wing and/or pg makes more sense. Don't sweat; it will not be a spring signing.

Any thoughts on whether the protests on campus will affect recruiting? Surprised no one has mentioned this subject yet

If they're protesting what I assume they're protesting they need to STFU AND SIT DOWN. Tired of this boohoo I was just minding my own business bullsh!t.

Any thoughts on whether the protests on campus will affect recruiting? Surprised no one has mentioned this subject yet

As someone who has attended several of the protests and seen how quickly they can descend into violence,especially in the later hours I have to commend SLU and their students. SLU officials handled the protest with class and the students truly changed the mentality of the crowd. I believe SLU students had another impromptu rally today. Politics aside, the way this was handled puts SLU in a very good light.

As someone who has attended several of the protests and seen how quickly they can descend into violence,especially in the later hours I have to commend SLU and their students. SLU officials handled the protest with class and the students truly changed the mentality of the crowd. I believe SLU students had another impromptu rally today. Politics aside, the way this was handled puts SLU in a very good light.

+1

Just think it could be a slippery slope to allow protesting groups to be on campus.

Also as mentioned above, some protests have gotten out of hand. Everything has been good so far, but what happens if things do get out of hand and then all of all sudden they're in the middle of a campus with thousands of students?

All for the right to protest, but I just don't see any reason that it should be on SLU's campus.

Lets keep this thread to recruiting and not the situation in Ferguson.

i had a short, civil response to this, but decided to just not post it. steve, in all seriousness, could you delete anything relating to the protests from this thread, including this one? would hate to derail a truly cogent, relevant recruiting thread. thanks.