Observation from Down In The Valley

It's fascinating how St. Louis University's perspective on the Missouri Valley Conference has changed.  Now, they are banking on a Missouri Valley coach and Missouri Valley players to get them into the NCAA Tournament next year.  I recall when SLU considered the Missouri Valley sub-par and rejected the idea of joining the conference.  The irony isn't lost on me.

Signed:

Down In The Valley

MB73 likes this

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MVP44MVC said:

It's fascinating how St. Louis University's perspective on the Missouri Valley Conference has changed.  Now, they are banking on a Missouri Valley coach and Missouri Valley players to get them into the NCAA Tournament next year.  I recall when SLU considered the Missouri Valley sub-par and rejected the idea of joining the conference.  The irony isn't lost on me.

Signed:

Down In The Valley

Interesting first post. You must be new around here. 

IMG_3798.jpeg

5 minutes ago, MVP44MVC said:

Signed:

Down In The Valley

That said player and coach left to move up a level. So yes, it is down a level from the A10.  Nothing new that the best in the MVC, IVY, MEAC, WAC, Etc move up to a place like the A10, and the best in the A10, move up the the p5

15 minutes ago, MVP44MVC said:

Signed:

Down In The Valley

*fart noise*

WUH and Bills By 40 like this

17 minutes ago, MVP44MVC said:

Signed:

Down In The Valley

Your saltiness isn’t lost on us. Where else would one go to find up and coming coaches and players than a poverty league who has to find and underpay diamonds in the rough to win. 

18 minutes ago, MVP44MVC said:

Signed:

Down In The Valley

Down In The Valley - exactly! 

If truth be said, last season I watched a lot of MVC games, including ISU games. I can say with absolutely no doubts that many of the MVC schools played better than we  did last season. I also believe we will play a lot better this season lead by a coach and some players that transferred here from the MVC. 

I'm sorry you all feel this way.  I assure you I meant no disrespect to your favorite team.  Being a Missouri Valley fan for years, it is shaping up to be one of mine as well.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions/observations no matter what number post.  I value your perspective, so let's keep the conversation respectful and focused on our shared love for the game.

Signed:

Down In The Valley

7 minutes ago, MVP44MVC said:

I'm sorry you all feel this way.  I assure you I meant no disrespect to your favorite team.  Being a Missouri Valley fan for years, it is shaping up to be one of mine as well.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions/observations no matter what number post.  I value your perspective, so let's keep the conversation respectful and focused on our shared love for the game.

Signed:

Down In The Valley

"I created an account and posted insulting words to your program, but lets keep it respectful"

Pound sand, loser. 

Signed: 

A guy who is actually a fan of the MVC.

39 minutes ago, MVP44MVC said:

Signed:

Down In The Valley

Good lord dude.  Even your own schools want out of the Valley when they get a taste of success.......Creighton..Loyola..Wichita...

22 minutes ago, MVP44MVC said:

Signed:

Down In The Valley

Cool. So you also posted this on the West Virginia message board, right?

wgstl likes this

57 minutes ago, MVP44MVC said:

Signed:

Down In The Valley

We all saw what you did there

10 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Good lord dude.  Even your own schools want out of the Valley when they get a taste of success.......Creighton..Loyola..Wichita...

Same could be said of the A10 - Butler, Xavier, Temple.......

The A10 ain't what it used to be but damn the Valley is just plain putrid.  ISU not dancing this year screams of power conference bias but also shows no one has any respect for the Valley anymore.....

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

The A10 ain't what it used to be but damn the Valley is just plain putrid.  ISU not dancing this year screams of power conference bias but also shows no one has any respect for the Valley anymore.....

I think everyone's point was just that - teams, coaches and players all will step up to a bigger/better situation not down.  None one was saying the A10 is equal to a P 5 or 6 school.

9 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Thats the point.   Valley upgrades to A10.   A10 upgrades to BEast.  The next team that goes from the A10 to the Valley will be the first.  

Temple and UMass left for football, not basketball.   

CenHudDude likes this

2 hours ago, MVP44MVC said:

Signed:

Down In The Valley

I'm glad you showed up, I've grown tired of spanking DOC, making fun of Hoosier-P and I blocked that dumb a$$ ACE.  Anyway, #1 you need to learn what irony is, it's an expression by someone that signifies the opposite usually for humorous purposes.  For example, "I love walking through Terre Haute in the rain." Love is italicized (that's the slanted writing) to highlight it as the key word in this ironic sentence. It's an expression that really means the opposite. 

Furthermore, do valley schools' believe their athletics are superior to DII schools? If so why hire DII coaches and take DII transfer players? I wonder if B12/SEC schools are better than the Valley yet they too have hired Valley coaches and taken valley transfers.  Are they not clearly superior athletically? You see the flaws in your weak attempt to burn us?

I still reject joining the MVC.  I still think the A10 is a superior conference. The supporting evidence that the MVC's best coaches and players transfer to schools in the A10 and other conferences supports my logical assumption. 

Thanks for stopping by for lessons on logic and English.  Report back with what players we should target for transfer next season .

Buh bye!

OkieBilliken likes this

10 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I'm glad you showed up, I've grown tired of spanking DOC, making fun of Hoosier-P and I blocked that dumb a$$ ACE.  Anyway, #1 you need to learn what irony is, it's an expression by someone that signifies the opposite usually for humorous purposes.  For example, "I love walking through Terre Haute in the rain." Love is italicized (that's the slanted writing) to highlight it as the key word in this ironic sentence. It's an expression that really means the opposite. 

Furthermore, do valley schools' believe their athletics are superior to DII schools? If so why hire DII coaches and take DII transfer players? I wonder if B12/SEC schools are better than the Valley yet they took have hired Valley coaches and taken valley transfers.  Are they not clearly superior athletically? You see the flaws in your weak attempt to burn us?

I still reject joining the MVC.  I still think the A10 is a superior conference. The supporting evidence that the MVC's best coaches and players transfer to schools in the A10 and other conferences supports my logical assumption. 

Thanks for stopping by for lessons on logic and English.  Report back with what players we should target for transfer next season .

Buh bye!

You have to be the most delusional poster on here. You never spanked me, you kept bragging that you did, but you just stated a bunch of nonsense about me being a crack head from Kentucky. What a spanking. You just can’t stfu billboard boy. 

ACE and MB73 like this

19 minutes ago, DOC said:

You have to be the most delusional poster on here. You never spanked me, you kept bragging that you did, but you just stated a bunch of nonsense about me being a crack head from Kentucky. What a spanking. You just can’t stfu billboard boy. 

Calm down, I know you're probably into a real spanking from me, like Courtside's into Middle schoolers in Umbros, but I meant figuratively.  You see figuratively means not physically. Physically would be in person actual contact, figuratively is me just straight up hilariously mocking your ignorant posts and weak attempts at put downs.

Also I'm pretty sure I said meth head from KY. Please try to keep up. I know reality, like dental health eludes you.

thetorch likes this

52 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Furthermore, do valley schools' believe their athletics are superior to DII schools? If so why hire DII coaches and take DII transfer players? I wonder if B12/SEC schools are better than the Valley yet they too have hired Valley coaches and taken valley transfers.  Are they not clearly superior athletically? You see the flaws in your weak attempt to burn us?

Buh bye!

Thanks for the shout out!  You waving the white flag of surrender is worn by me as a badge of honor!

DOC likes this

3 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Calm down, I know you're probably into a real spanking from me, like Courtside's into Middle schoolers in Umbros, but I meant figuratively.  You see figuratively means not physically. Physically would be in person actual contact, figuratively is me just straight up hilariously mocking your ignorant posts and weak attempts at put downs.

Also I'm pretty sure I said meth head from KY. Please try to keep up. I know reality, like dental health eludes you.

You’re the one who comes off as some hardo putting everyone in their place when the only spanking going on is you with you. Now get back over there to your grassroots thread where you belong, billboard. 

ACE and Billfan7 like this

13 minutes ago, DOC said:

You’re the one who comes off as some hardo putting everyone in their place when the only spanking going on is you with you. Now get back over there to your grassroots thread where you belong, billboard. 

You mean in the thread where almost all the changes I advocated have now come to fruition?  Where you repeated your feeble retorts about billboards and the Arizona AD?

Speaking of being put in your place, does DOC stand for Department of Corrections?  Are you responding from the prison computer lab? If so you're getting more than a spanking, I'm sure.