Robbie Avila - Verbal Commitment Announcement Thread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Ya I mean we have been bad. Nobody to blame but ourselves.

Yeah but I'm never a fan of anyone but us sh*t talking our program lol.

50 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Ya I mean we have been bad. Nobody to blame but ourselves.

Sure we’ve been bad but to think he should have stayed at ISU or this is a lateral move you have to be a grade A moron. 

I wish him well, and hope he helps bring attendance for SLU, my concern for your team is he doesn’t have the rhythm with his other players from ISU.  I am sure he will still be fun to watch, but ISU was fun to watch because of the passing, the amazing timing and rhythm the starters had.  I was sad to see our players all leave, but I respect the want a cash grab since they won’t be NBA players.  Best of luck next year SLU, you are in for a fun ride! 

SLUMS81, Billikitty7 and Aquinas like this

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

What is the big event in Sioux Falls?  Any ideas? 

The Sanford Pentagon hosts some big time college basketball games during the year.  Usually just single neutral site matchups.  Last season as part of the ESPN basketball tip off Auburn played Baylor.  The year before Baylor played Gonzaga in a natal championship rematch.  It will be an opportunity to face a big time opponent in a neutral site that we should be able to travel to.

We have been pining for stretch bigs and a coach that knows how to use them since Majerus passed. We now have 2 in Robbie and Mako. Now hoping Turnbull joins the party. Schertz has a great story in developing Robie, especially  with his limmited athletic abilities. I was super impressed  during Indiana States tournament  run that Robbie didn't get into foul trouble when defending bigger and more athletic big men. He has a high basketball  IQ. Come on Connor, this is the best place for you!

Zink and MusicCityBilliken like this

12 hours ago, Bridget said:

I wish him well, and hope he helps bring attendance for SLU, my concern for your team is he doesn’t have the rhythm with his other players from ISU.  I am sure he will still be fun to watch, but ISU was fun to watch because of the passing, the amazing timing and rhythm the starters had.  I was sad to see our players all leave, but I respect the want a cash grab since they won’t be NBA players.  Best of luck next year SLU, you are in for a fun ride! 

If memory serves me right, didn’t I read where there were a lot of new players to ISU’s roster last several years and that is a lot of change.  Tells me this is more about the coach than the players.  So maybe they all did go for money on some level but the players that follow a coach recognize a leader that makes them better and follow them to become better. 

We are grateful for Robbie coming over, as well as the 9 other new players coming to the roster this year…