• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You and I have disagreed lately, but don't feed this troll.

Again, I think the way CM has ran the department culturally speaking is below average at best. He deserves a bit of credit for swallowing his pride and realizing he's not the smartest in the room. 

I have no doubt he did swallow his pride but I can assure you he did not do it voluntarily.  He saw the train was leaving the station and he could be on it or left behind.  If one thing about May is true - people in general, they will survive.  I am not sure we have really disagreed on much lately maybe some nuances but basically we have been on the same page on this matter.  I have tried to respond to this poster with logical and respectful comments.  I see nothing wrong with that and his response to me has been respectful.

mrjoelabs and Ironbills like this

31 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

He's not entirely wrong about that.

The same can be said about every major university in the US.  It was a dumb generalization, the majority of kids aren’t in that category.

11 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I have no doubt he did swallow his pride but I can assure you he did not do it voluntarily.  He saw the train was leaving the station and he could be on it or left behind.  If one thing about May is true - people in general, they will survive.  I am not sure we have really disagreed on much lately maybe some nuances but basically we have been on the same page on this matter.  I have tried to respond to this poster with logical and respectful comments.  I see nothing wrong with that and his response to me has been respectful.

Correct. He could also have resigned and retired leaving the department and boosters without a figure head. Kinda where ISU is at. It’s not totally dissimilar to Biondi/Levick dynamic. 

cheeseman likes this

If you want to understand why an ISU fan is painting us as rich snobs, you should go to Terre Haute and walk around the town. Then walk around the campus of the #10 rated college in Indiana.

It's all a matter of perspective.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

If you want to understand why an ISU fan is painting us as rich snobs, you should go to Terre Haute and walk around the town. Then walk around the campus of the #10 rated college in Indiana.

Larry Bird used to have a restaurant/hotel right off the highway in Terre Haute.  I ate at the restaurant a couple of times.   It had some cool Celtics memorabilia.  One of his less talented, weirder looking brothers was running the place.   

SLU hosted ISU in my college days and I think one of his other brothers Eddie was playing (not that well) for them.  

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

ISU is going after the Ricky Roe’s of the worlds offering their parents nice tractors. 

Saint Louis University is going after the Butch McRae’s of the world offering their parents bags of cash and comfy jobs. 

Pistol likes this

7 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Larry Bird used to have a restaurant/hotel right off the highway in Terre Haute.  I ate at the restaurant a couple of times.   It had some cool Celtics memorabilia.  One of his less talented, weirder looking brothers was running the place.   

Yikes, imagining a weirder looking member of the Bird family.

7 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

SLU hosted ISU in my college days and I think one of his other brothers Eddie was playing (not that well) for them.  

That is now a Quality Inn, just south of downtown and about 3 miles north of I-70.

23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

You are entirely correct, it all depends on what you consider to be rich. They have a low ceiling for "rich" in Terre Haute, or at least significantly lower than in St. Louis.

58 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Thanks Cheeseman.    I guess May got the womens hire right. Rebecca has been a revelation. 

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

That is now a Quality Inn, just south of downtown and about 3 miles north of I-70.

F that Knight's Inn 4 Life

Schertz Schertz Schertz erry'body!

I'm happy that Norlander wrote an article he's a hardcore respected national CBB writer.  Plus I like his and Parrish's podcast. He wouldn't write it unless he had it on his authority it was happening.  He and Parrish get direct texts from coaches all over the country. 

I'm hoping for a formal announcement by tomorrow with presser to follow Tuesday.  I gotta enjoy this eclipse being in the best place in the world to view it. 

Then I'd expect portal activity to go quickly IF his guys are going to follow.  Guys like Avila are good in his system and may not work in other systems.  Just a sophomore he can get better.  

Plus they played some tough competition in the NIT, AAC, B12, BE and did well.  

Bizziken likes this

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Correct. He could also have resigned and retired leaving the department and boosters without a figure head. Kinda where ISU is at. It’s not totally dissimilar to Biondi/Levick dynamic. 

I think our new President will have a bit of a different view on May's leadership.  When this person is hired they will hear from the big money people who at the very least will say - keep your eye on him.  This Ford fiasco has wounded him.  You don't get Chaiftz yelling at May in public in Chicago after the L of C game if everything was hunky dory.

TheA_Bomb likes this

1 hour ago, mrjoelabs said:

Thanks Cheeseman.    I guess May got the womens hire right. Rebecca has been a revelation. 

Apparently, he did but hiring a women's coach is not as time sensitive  as hiring a D1 men's coach is - just look at how quickly schools have moved this cycle.  The top women teams have long time coaches who simply don't move that often.

15 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I think our new President may have a bit of a different view on May's leadership.  When this person is hired he will hear from the big money people who at the very least will say - keep your eye on him.  This Ford fiasco has wounded him.  You don't get Chaiftz yelling at May in public in Chicago after the L of C game if everything was hunky dory.

Yep. I think Matthew Jakobsze is here to do a little more than NIL.