27 minutes ago, thetorch said:

If you bungle 10 projects at your job and do well on one does your company retain you?

It depends upon who likes you and who dislikes you, it is all politics higher up.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, thetorch said:

Lol you do realize Slaten has been the sports director at two tv stations in town for multiple years.

He's also been fired from every job he ever had, usually after failing and embarrassing himself and his employer in some way. He's currently listened to by dozens of people on the town's third choose for sports talk. 

Oh we’re doing this again. 

15 minutes ago, Schasz said:

If somehow Schertz deal does not work out...what do folks think of Byrce Drew as an alternative?

No. Moderate results with unlimited resources at the Cult of the GCU. 

7 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

give me Huggins.... say you what you want, but we'd be dancing in no time 

Huggins is done.  He's been off the rails lately with issues.

3 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

What is Steve Lavin doing these days? He was all giggles when he and Majerus talked shop at ESPN. 

Let's get his and Romar's mentor, Jim Harrick.  Only 85 yo, former National champion with A10 experience

I believe Steve Lavin is the Coach at San Diego 

We joke about Ahearn but Texas fans have their version too.  There's always a vocal minority of fans that want Texas to hire Royal Ivey former Longhorn player and assistant at Houston Rockets. His head coaching experience, South Sudanese National Team. 

4 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Is Lee Winfield still with us? When we played at Duke one year, the Crazies kept chanting “Ugly suit!” All game.  Good times.  

Lee passed away.

VeniceMenace likes this

Maybe this is just me being selfish because my kids are off school and we're driving to see it, but I really hope they don't do the big announcement on Monday. The story will be buried by eclipse mania. Terre Haute is within the path of totality and STL is pretty close to it. Then the men's final is that night.

It has to be Sunday (well before the women's final) or Tuesday.

12 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Mike Brey is out there

Samford Coach Bucky

Colgate coach Langel

Moser's seat heated up

Morehead St coach Spradlin

SDSU coach

Interim year of Romar and the Porters?

Don't think we'd be able to lure Bucky away from his home turf and Moser seems to be staying for at least one more year.  Loved Brey at ND but not sure he's the answer in the new era of NIL and portal.  One of the low major guys would be the preference for me in that situation. 

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Maybe this is just me being selfish because my kids are off school and we're driving to see it, but I really hope they don't do the big announcement on Monday. The story will be buried by eclipse mania. Terre Haute is within the path of totality and STL is pretty close to it. Then the men's final is that night.

Friday and Saturday also work. I think we'll have our guy announced in the media by the time the men's final 4 tips. When the actual press-conference is, I'd bet on Monday morning.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The path of totality is pretty close to STL - places like Desloge, Farmington, Bloomsdale, Red Bud, Carlyle, Okawville, and Effingham are right over the line. The closest points to SLU in the path will start to see the eclipse around 12:40 pm and start totality around 2:00, getting over a full minute. Roads will be chaos that day.

Terre Haute is fully in the path, will start to see the eclipse around 1:48 and get nearly 3 minutes of totality starting at 3:04.

SLU can't do this Monday, for real.

Deutschkind likes this

6 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Don't think we'd be able to lure Bucky away from his home turf and Moser seems to be staying for at least one more year.  Loved Brey at ND but not sure he's the answer in the new era of NIL and portal.  One of the low major guys would be the preference for me in that situation. 

I cant imagine Him making more than 500k, so 1.5m might be enough.. 

4 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Friday and Saturday also work. I think we'll have our guy announced in the media by the time the men's final 4 tips. When the actual press-conference is, I'd bet on Monday morning.

Schertz said he would take "a full day" so I'm not sure when the clock starts on that, but Friday might be too soon. I figured they would avoid Saturday for the Final Four doubleheader, not sure. Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday - it shouldn't be Monday.