• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Hey man, I was doubting me for a minute today. Just had to hold my nerve. Lol

What are you taking credit for today? Were you the first person to say we should hire Schertz? Lol 

26 minutes ago, brianstl said:

With the way the Billikens are efficiently operating now, it will be announced before Schertz gets to the microphone for his post game press conference.

I really don't know why they're so peeved about people getting ahead of this. They're really bad at keeping a lid on things, if that's their intention. 

I’ll root for the Indiana State Billikens tonight but will not be pissed if they lose. Win win.

Let’s dream a little. Their 5 plus Gibby, Hughes, Thames, Big Brad, Djordje, and our recruit, theirs, or hell I wouldn’t mind seeing what Abou can do.  Oh, the possibilities!

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

Just now, Scoop said:

I’ll root for the Indiana State Billikens tonight but will not be pissed if they lose. Win win.

Let’s dream a little. Their 5 plus Gibby, Hughes, Thames, Big Brad, Djordje, and our recruit, theirs, or hell I wouldn’t mind seeing what Abou can do.  Oh, the possibilities!

+SVB

Ez can go he has tiny heart syndrome

slu72 likes this

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

If Schertz moves on after one year, it was a great year for SLU basketball. (FWIW I don’t think he leaves after one year) Anyway, I doubt Utah St. regrets hiring Sprinkle because he left after one year. They were decimated after Odom left, and he got them to R32 year one.  I see your point, and there’s some validity to it, but you hire the best coach for your program NOW, imo. You can’t worry about three years from now, especially in the era of college free agency for all. 

I'm only giving him one year. After all the hype I've heard here, if the Bills don't dance next year, goodbye Shertz!!!

VeniceMenace likes this

3 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

If Schertz moves on after one year, it was a great year for SLU basketball. (FWIW I don’t think he leaves after one year) Anyway, I doubt Utah St. regrets hiring Sprinkle because he left after one year. They were decimated after Odom left, and he got them to R32 year one.  I see your point, and there’s some validity to it, but you hire the best coach for your program NOW, imo. You can’t worry about three years from now, especially in the era of college free agency for all. 

I would not be suprised if he did leave.  Likely strong season next year, but then loses damn near everyone... Thats a prime time for coaches to go if they do.  With that said, the buyout we put into the contract is what will determaine if we sink or swim for the most part. Thats the key in this whole thing.  If we can make 6m in one year, we can get a guy who is as good if not better to come in with that.

4 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Plus has there been any example of a coach taking his ENTIRE starting lineup to his next job?  I could see him bringing 2, maybe 3 starters. I’d be (pleasantly) shocked if he brings 5+ guys.  So the “this is our team, root for them” logic doesn’t really work for me. Or at least doesn’t outweigh the benefits of getting Schertz announced officially, start recruiting, etc. 

we’d still need a rim protector 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I would not be suprised if he did leave.  Likely strong season next year, but then loses damn near everyone... Thats a prime time for coaches to go if they do.  With that said, the buyout we put into the contract is what will determaine if we sink or swim for the most part. Thats the key in this whole thing.  If we can make 6m in one year, we can get a guy who is as good if not better to come in with that.

The reports were 6 years $2mil right?  So if he left in 1 year SLU gets $10mil.  That's good money to get your next guy.

Just now, TheA_Bomb said:

The reports were 6 years $2mil right?  So if he left in 1 year SLU gets $10mil.  That's good money to get your next guy.

Buyout is probably closer to 50% of the total value of the the remaining years.

2 hours ago, Scoop said:

Schertz has a recruit coming from Canada (don't know if he comes with him or not tho) that some believe is the best high school recruit this year.  I want that kid!

stmdragons and TheA_Bomb like this

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Schertz has a recruit coming from Canada (don't know if he comes with him or not tho) that some believe is the best high school recruit this year.  I want that kid!

If he’s Canadian he probably knows Grandy Glaze. Maybe even Bryan Adams. 
If Schertz  brings that guys with him we will probably have a GG sighting at Chaifetz and a Bryan Adams concert following a game! 
What a time to be a Billiken fan!

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

If Schertz  brings that guys with him we will probably have a GG sighting at Chaifetz and a Bryan Adams concert following a game! 

Adams already shares a luxury suite with Stamos.

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Nice find broy. We need this guy!

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Adams already shares a luxury suite with Stamos.

This just keeps getting better and better! 
Next thing you know Bryan Adams is bringing fellow Canadian Joshua Jackson to his suite and Chaifetz is hosting a Mighty Ducks reunion showing. 

This needs to happen WE NEED SCHERTZ!! 

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

This would be special. Very special.

38 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

*Insert 'the price of the brick goin up' meme from the wire*

(Can never upload images)

I know you’re an Android guy, but still… copy image URL> other media> insert image from URL

xRpz_J.gif