7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

It's been my understanding mack lives in florida.   He moved there to be closer to his daughter’s volleyball games.

Gotcha, knew he was close to them but just thought it was Nashville for some reason 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His daughter is going to attend Vandy to play Volleyball. If he wants to be close to her, I can’t imagine being closer than becoming the Commodores HC. Pretty sure he’d get to see every game. 

Watched a lot of the ISU game today. Bottom line, bring on Dirty Schertz!! Love everything about his offense. Superb.

gabriel likes this

19 minutes ago, TheBand said:

The S Florida location is correct. A friend of mine’s wife has run into him on the beach several times on her walks.  

Yeah, his home in Venice is about an hour drive to USF.

30 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Watched a lot of the ISU game today. Bottom line, bring on Dirty Schertz!! Love everything about his offense. Superb.

Billikenbill hundreds of thousands of people have seen his team play, do you really believe his only offer/interest is SLU's?

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

They can always send out an email saying the announcement has been delayed.  This email just makes sure their enough people available if ISU loses and they can announce next week.

This. I'm not sure why people are reading more into it than that.

brianstl and CenHudDude like this

12 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Billikenbill hundreds of thousands of people have seen his team play, do you really believe his only offer/interest is SLU's?

I don’t know and don’t care. If we get him, I’d like it.

billikenfan05 likes this

12 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

The AD wants the band to be at the official introduction/media announcement, so I'd imagine it's through official channels. The email was phrased that the entire department had been put "on notice" to prepare for it. 

Hey all. While we did get an email, honestly, I certainly didn't, nor wouldn't, put much thought into this as nothing is ever set in stone.  Hell, we're just wrapping up the opening weekend of all the tournies, and look at the DeVries situation, nothing came out until they were DONE.

I can assure you all, NOBODY in the Band has ANY inside knowledge of the goings on with the coaching search.  If they do, then they either talked with boosters or someone higher up, as it didn't come from within the Band. We all just need to take a breath, and let things just happen. I'm as enthusiastic as the next person to see who the next head coach will be, but they say patience is a virtue.  More or less, you will all find out when we do.

And no offense to the board here, but internal band emails are things that should NEVER be shared, plain and simple. And opinions of individual band members do NOT reflect those of the Band as a whole.

All I know is, I'm enjoying watching some great basketball so far, and will be patiently, but excitedly, waiting for any new heads up for a coaching announcement. Until then, let's just all enjoy the moment(s) of watching some of the blue blood schools be ousted by those "small schools"!

SLU_Lax likes this

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

What about his defense? SLU has never succeeded without a defense first coach and team.  Schertz wants to score all day but his teams don't guard hence some of their crap losses this year.  We need a D first coach

David King likes this

5 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

What about his defense? SLU has never succeeded without a defense first coach and team.  Schertz wants to score all day but his teams don't guard hence some of their crap losses this year.  We need a D first coach

I'd argue we need a coach good at both! Not great, just really good. Understands that the offense flows through sound defense. That, and teach ALL of the team to have that killer instinct!  Teach these kids you are there to DOMINATE!  EVERYONE gives 120%, no slacking.  You should be able to win most games given the above mentality I would think. 

19 minutes ago, SLUAvtr said:

I'd argue we need a coach good at both! Not great, just really good. Understands that the offense flows through sound defense. That, and teach ALL of the team to have that killer instinct!  Teach these kids you are there to DOMINATE!  EVERYONE gives 120%, no slacking.  You should be able to win most games given the above mentality I would think. 

To add on to this if you have a coach that can orchestrate an offense you can recruit dogs on defense.

SLUAvtr likes this

10 hours ago, slufan13 said:

It's most likely just giving students a heads up who could be headed home early for Easter 

It would truly be amazing to welcome our new basketball messiah, Schertz, during Holy Week. 

8 hours ago, almaman said:

unless we're passed over

Oh you are good. Like the old Jesuit in the theology department who would conclude his lectures by saying “class: tomorrow’s lecture on prophecy has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.” 

What would be very interesting is if ISU and VCU both win this week, they would play each other at Hinkle.  We might get to see how our new team will fair in the A10.  Haha.

From the Louisville board last night..

**So that brings me to a new name to put back on the hot board. In fact, I am putting him at the top of the hot board - just ahead of Holloway and that's Indiana State's Josh Schertz. I say this with the notion that I do not believe this is a done deal but if I had to guess right now he'll be the Louisville coach. Again the third time I have changed my mind today but just where this seems to be heading right now. 

**As far as a time table, not sure at this point. I would think Heird wants to get it done sooner rather than later but he also needs to not rush it and make the right call.

34 minutes ago, Ibruce said:

From the Louisville board last night..

**So that brings me to a new name to put back on the hot board. In fact, I am putting him at the top of the hot board - just ahead of Holloway and that's Indiana State's Josh Schertz. I say this with the notion that I do not believe this is a done deal but if I had to guess right now he'll be the Louisville coach. Again the third time I have changed my mind today but just where this seems to be heading right now. 

**As far as a time table, not sure at this point. I would think Heird wants to get it done sooner rather than later but he also needs to not rush it and make the right call.

Thanks for posting this - bottom line is we need to move on to our next choice this week before more of this happens which it will.  If this post is true then it is possible that SLU knows that Schertz is looking elsewhere and could be finalizing things with another coach.  Of course, who knows for sure but the tea leaves are pointing away from Schertz coming here especially if he keeps winning.  I hired a lot of people in my time and the biggest mistake you can make is zeroing in on one person and letting them string you on.  You have to be open to other good candidates.  Remember what RM would say about recruiting - I just want the kid to tell me early that he is not or is interested in us so I don't waste a lot of time chasing a kid who never really was coming to you and you then missed out on other good players.  Being strung on was the worse thing that could happen in recruiting and this is where we are right now.

slu72 likes this

12 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Thanks for posting this - bottom line is we need to move on to our next choice this week before more of this happens which it will.  If this post is true then it is possible that SLU knows that Schertz is looking elsewhere and could be finalizing things with another coach.  Of course, who knows for sure but the tea leaves are pointing away from Schertz coming here especially if he keeps winning.  I hired a lot of people in my time and the biggest mistake you can make is zeroing in on one person and letting them string you on.  You have to be open to other good candidates.  Remember what RM would say about recruiting - I just want the kid to tell me early that he is not or is interested in us so I don't waste a lot of time chasing a kid who never really was coming to you and you then missed out on other good players.  Being strung on was the worse thing that could happen in recruiting and this is where we are right now.

I certainly hope our decision makers aren't hangin their actions on a message board post on the Louisville board. Especially considering all reports are this is done and dusted.

I googled the carousel for latest updates. Every time UL’s list comes up Schertz doesn’t make it. Some that do; Cronin, Kelse, Dixon and others. 
If it’s not Schertz there are other promising candidates. Here’s hoping we didn’t put all our Easter eggs in the Schertz basket. 

24 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I certainly hope our decision makers aren't hangin their actions on a message board post on the Louisville board. Especially considering all reports are this is done and dusted.

These message board posts are canaries in the coal mine.  Denial is a terrible thing.  I have no problem with Schertz being our guy but I worry where this could be heading.

11 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

Everyone who's been around a while knows you are a troll who is not a SLU fan, but I'll play along. ISU only lost 6 games this year and four of those were to teams that made the Dance. The only "crap loss" was losing at home to Illinois St. Your argument is a fail, try another one.