Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, thetorch said:

These are the rules of the board for 25+ years.

When we post an article you have to post a link to it or have the author's name in it.

This is no different than that.  Content created by someone else, posted on the board without credit.

This is akin to me copy and pasting some out of town writer's game preview and posting it on the board with no attribution.  Wouldn't you think I wrote it? (Caveat maybe not me but someone on the board who is smart and articulate).

So the guy who created the infamous Yuri to K-State thread with no source or link is delivering this bit of advice? 😆

19 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Feel like he is on par with Roddie.  Good pickup imo 

I would be interested in comparison from the Wiz. From what I can gather, his defense is pretty well regarded.

At first glance his numbers seem pretty similar to Roddie - neither with a great 3%; Johnson with a better overall FG% and FT%

Each 6-3, but Johnson 15lbs heavier. Seems like perhaps a slight upgrade over Roddie. Started 26 games for a Big 12 team, so he should be battle-tested. 

14 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-CJS would take a 6'3 with 27.7% from 3?

Yes, because improved shot selection will bring that 3 point shot percentage up to the the mid-30s.  And he fits the bill of a quick, strong player who can get most of his points close-in around the basket.  I've seen many of his games, will fit the Schertz system nicely.

BLIKNS likes this

24 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-CJS would take a 6'3 with 27.7% from 3?

In the Slaten interview, Schertz talks about restricting lower percentage 3 point shooters to wide open shots. I'm sure he analyzes every 3 taken by a player and limits them to 3 point shots they can make. It explains why there were big year over year improvements at Indiana State last year.

TheChosenOne likes this

It's no wonder Coach Schertz's teams handle the ball so well and why his team free throw percentage is so high.  He targets those abilities in the recruitment stage.  Maybe not in every single player but in the overwhelming majority of them.

This is the secret sauce of roster construction.  Individual recruitment is in service to larger goals.

Billiken Rich likes this

49 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Yes, because improved shot selection will bring that 3 point shot percentage up to the the mid-30s.  And he fits the bill of a quick, strong player who can get most of his points close-in around the basket.  I've seen many of his games, will fit the Schertz system nicely.

He shot 40% from three in high school, and he won't be facing Big 12 defenses.