Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, billikens747 said:

A quick review on upcoming player visits as seen by the computer.  The computer is looking to see if these players are Schertz type/style players.  A side note...no review on Dotzler as he is an S3.(small sample size...only 4 min/gm )

nm=not meaningful

S3...small sample size

.....................mpg.........FG%.....2P%.....3P%....FT%...Reb...Fits Schertz style....

Sheffield.....30.9.........nm........B+........A..........A.......6.1..........Yes...no FG% because he is basically a 3 pt shooter...2P% not a full sample size but meaningful...good rebounder

Anya.............27.5.........nm........C.........S3........F-.......7.4.....Questionable...Very good rebounder...average 2P shooter...poor FT shooter...played only 2/3 of a season -injury. Could be playable if he improves his 2P shooting a few points.

Hunter..........34...........D...........D+.......F+........A+......5.....He likes apple pie when not shooting  FTs.

1 hour ago, thatskablamo said:

Put the sleeves back on the jerseys…

Just wear tshirts like Corey Remekun

Tyler Cochran out of Toledo seems interesting.  From what I can see, he just hit the portal April 19.  He has been injury prone during his career, but stayed healthy all of last year.  I think he has just one year of eligibility remaining.  He shot .495 overall and .356 from three last season.  Also, he averaged 6.4 rebounds a game which is impressive for a 6'2" guard.  Someone mentioned we will need more rebounding next season from our remaining lineup spots.  He could help with that.

12 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Tyler Cochran out of Toledo seems interesting.  From what I can see, he just hit the portal April 19.  He has been injury prone during his career, but stayed healthy all of last year.  I think he has just one year of eligibility remaining.  He shot .495 overall and .356 from three last season.  Also, he averaged 6.4 rebounds a game which is impressive for a 6'2" guard.  Someone mentioned we will need more rebounding next season from our remaining lineup spots.  He could help with that.

Has he been tied to SLU or are you just speculating? I agree we need rebounding - Conwell and Kent combined for 14 rpg.

This kid is well traveled and experienced. This would be his 6th season like Gibby.

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Has he been tied to SLU or are you just speculating? I agree we need rebounding - Conwell and Kent combined for 14 rpg.

This kid is well traveled and experienced. This would be his 6th season like Gibby.

Haven't heard anything.  Also not speculating.  Just saying that he is a kid that may be obtainable that would fit some needs.

Also failed to mention that he averaged 14.4 ppg last season and MAC co-Defensive Player of the Year.

FYI - former Indiana State reserve Masen Miller is on his way to North Dakota State:

No indication that SLU was after him / only connection was that he played at Indiana State.  In very limited minutes (28 games, 7.6 mpg) and therefore limited attempts (37), he shot over 40% last year.  I thought he could have been a nice deep bench piece for us as a shooter / someone familiar with Schertz.

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

FYI - former Indiana State reserve Masen Miller is on his way to North Dakota State:

No indication that SLU was after him / only connection was that he played at Indiana State.  In very limited minutes (28 games, 7.6 mpg) and therefore limited attempts (37), he shot over 40% last year.  I thought he could have been a nice deep bench piece for us as a shooter / someone familiar with Schertz.

Think bigger. Anyone worth minutes for us should be a bigger get than this guy. 

4 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Think bigger. Anyone worth minutes for us should be a bigger get than this guy. 

Agreed.  If we got him, he'd have been like the 11th-13th guy for us.  Very few minutes, 1 year scholly for a guy who already knew Schertz system & can hit a 3 if you need that.  I'd love a team full of guys who are awesome, but that's not realistic.

6 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

One if the huge differences between the Indiana State team and the SLU team that Schertz is assembling is depth and quality on the bench. 

It’s almost as if he has a plan.  And will have the majority of team assembled by May.

The Valley Sucks likes this

6 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

One if the huge differences between the Indiana State team and the SLU team that Schertz is assembling is depth and quality on the bench. 

It will be interesting to see how that translates to playing time. Last year at ISU, the top 6 got most of the minutes, 7 and 8 barely made it into the game, 9 less than that, and 10, 11, 12, 13 only if it was late and you were winning/losing by 30 would they get off the bench.

37 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

It will be interesting to see how that translates to playing time. Last year at ISU, the top 6 got most of the minutes, 7 and 8 barely made it into the game, 9 less than that, and 10, 11, 12, 13 only if it was late and you were winning/losing by 30 would they get off the bench.

Look at Schertz's other two years at ISU.  It was different.

1 minute ago, billikens747 said:

Camren Hunter to Butler. Committed to them last transfer portal cycle before returning to UCA.

Double check the date on that.

He's visiting Wisconsin today.