Transfers - 2024

ACE

1 hour ago, TRN said:

Avila and Swope are visiting until Saturday.  Commitment announcements are usually released after the visit is done.  Enjoy your Friday night and Saturday, it’s likely a matter of waiting like with the Schertz hire. 

They're likely taking the boys to the Eastside tonight.

VeniceMenace likes this

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Nah Porters going back to Romar at Loyola Marymount  

Good call, apparently jevon wants to stay out of any spotlight thanks to his brothers 

41 minutes ago, TRN said:

It looks like Robbie got a ride in a SLU golf cart.  I wonder if it was from the old Biondi fleet.  Talk about a clinching move to get him here. 👍👍

IMG_9442.jpeg

It was always hilarious to me seeing the super tall players riding in the golf carts. They made them look tiny.

3 minutes ago, Fraz said:

A decision the same day his visit concludes has to be a good thing

I think you’re right.  Showing pics of capital grill and riding around campus the same weekend as choosing somewhere else would be next level tool move.

38 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Wait how come we are only getting 2 ISU players?

I feel like someone said it was a lock for 4-5? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Yeah, I am really excited about adding Avila, but it does seem like adding him and Swope from their starting 5 was the minimum expectation. A lot of the connected folks on here were implying we’d be getting all of them. Ultimately I am pumped with the hire and Avila, so who cares, but what you point out is true. Now let’s see how Schertz builds out the rest of the roster.

I think the addition of two rather than four returning starters extends the honeymoon period for Coach Schertz.  Four returning starters plus Jimerson is a preseason top 25 team because of all the known factors. Expectations by local and national media would be through the roof.

Two returning starters starters plus Jimerson plus a couple of solid pieces from the portal is a team that will be projected as top four in the A10 by the preseason outlets.  Two very different situations.