Note: Billiken Coaches Show Debut 1/8/24

46 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Not sure how to get a thread to post on here but this is the type of talk/thoughts that worry me. If any decision makers even think some of this, Ford will be back

Was I one of those who "ran off Forte"? Who knew I was that powerful?!?!?! 😆

As I suspected, he was never a good fit here and was gonna jump at the first chance he had to go back to Texas.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Not sure how to get a thread to post on here but this is the type of talk/thoughts that worry me. If any decision makers even think some of this, Ford will be back

Yeah, if whoever posted this actually believes this stuff, I worry about their mental health.

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Was I one of those who "ran off Forte"? Who knew I was that powerful?!?!?! 😆

As I suspected, he was never a good fit here and was gonna jump at the first chance he had to go back to Texas.

Thanks for turning us into a last place program

13 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Yeah, if whoever posted this actually believes this stuff, I worry about their mental health.

They believe it.  Travis Ford believes it.  If this isn't a family member of Ford's, it is someone extremely close to him.  I say that because what the person posting this stuff is doing is repeating the statements of someone that is feeling pressure and is incapable of self reflection.  Ford takes none of the blame.  It is all the fault of other people real and imagined.  It isn't just some MBM posting this stuff because there is some very specific, non surface level things posted that has never been brought up before like the attack on Stu Durando and this Forte being run out of town stuff.  Everything is someone else's fault.

Bizziken, Soderball and JMM28 like this

52 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

CARTE'ARE GORDON WAS A VICTIM

I'm sure that it was one of those damn MBMs that took him to and drugged him at the crack house they found him at before he left for DePaul. And definitely a MBM was an accomplice on the armed robbery he committed. 

Box and Won likes this

BurnerGate is one of the strangest pieces of billiken history we have ever experienced. This is now a part of SLU MBB history and a part of billikens.com history.

We really have careened off the rails into the truly bizarre. Uncharted waters. Fire Travis Ford.

JMM28 likes this

At this point, Shane and this other account have succeeded in creating an incredibly embarrassing situation for Coach Ford and the University. I can only imagine the headaches this has caused at Chaifetz. I have to ask, we are confident this other account is in fact tied to Shane in some way? The comments are so over the top that it is hard to believe this person is acting to defend Coach Ford. The commentary also pits Ford against the administration, BVF, etc., so while it may have started with some defenses of Ford, it is blowing a lot of things up.

The Sean McDonald account claims to have just posted his final post. Hopefully that's true.

I'm not sure who he is. It could be a friend or family member - or someone from back in Ford's hometown, per his comments last night - but it also might be a troll. The comment about Ford maybe leaving for the Louisville job was what put it over the edge for me.

1 minute ago, Cowboy II said:

-I didn't interpret CFord's comments about seeing him at Humps to talk hoops as a tough guy act

he said the right things for one of the most outlandish things to ever happen in the program. He took about as much of the blame as he could for something this weird and dumb. He was never personally attacked and none of his critics have said anything that crosses the line into unacceptable behavior. Calling him a mediocre/bad coach and calling for his canning are not personal attacks. It's an opinion formed by a lack of success and a 200+ Kenpom/NET rating and losing to SIUE.

The only person not willing to go on-record with their opinions and personally stand by them was his family member.

It doesn't change how supremely stupid and embarrassing the whole situation was.

This situation will also be used as an example by other coaches and public figures about why their family should not get mixed up in social media. Albeit if Shane just wanted to post and respond with his opinion this would have never been a thing. Don't use burner accounts. He's entitled to an opinion just like anyone else, and shoulda used it if he felt the need to say something.

Fire Ford.

3 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I didn't interpret CFord's comments about seeing him at Humps to talk hoops as a tough guy act

When is saying come say it to my face, I'm not hard to find ever not a tough guy act?

The problem is that few (any?) fans had crossed any sort of line and his son decided to throw gasoline on the fire. Pointing out the deficiencies and ineptitude of the athletic department, program, and BVF has all been warranted and is what fans do. Unfortunately, I don't see yesterday making things better with regards to the relationship between fans and Ford and now the program is an embarrassment. The team better get hot!

TheA_Bomb likes this

I still have to gather and organize my thoughts on all of it and hopefully I will have something more coherent to say by the time we record on Sunday night, but the one thing I want to say now to Ford's response on the coach's show last night is that I've never come after him or his family in a way that is personal or behind a cloak of anonymity. My criticisms have been about his performance as the head coach of SLU's program.

Zac and I have our faces at the top of our shared Twitter account. Our faces are on YouTube every week. Our voices are on many platforms. Everyone knows or can easily find our first and last names, Billikens.com handles, and Twitter handles. We've always done it that way. We're open books.

Ford had a few minutes between practice and the show last night so if his comments were because he didn't fully understand the situation, that's fine. I just want to make sure there is no misunderstanding on that front.

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The Sean McDonald account claims to have just posted his final post. Hopefully that's true.

I'm not sure who he is. It could be a friend or family member - or someone from back in Ford's hometown, per his comments last night - but it also might be a troll. The comment about Ford maybe leaving for the Louisville job was what put it over the edge for me.

It appears the account is gone. Or at least it is for me. 

Pistol likes this

Going scorched earth on the administration with this burner is not a good idea. If there was a chance that he would survive (which I think was unlikely anyway) this would seem to seal his fate. At least there should be no grey area following the season.

I'm not on Social Media, I've been beating the drum here to fire Ford/May. I do poke fun at it and I've mentioned the son's birthday party as it was a direct violation of SLU edicts and might have sank the season. Everything I've posted here I've sent direct to the entire AD and President from my official email with name title phone number.

I haven't noticed anyone with personal attacks.

I'm liking this controversy as the Powers That Be were attacked in those rants and they'll have similar conclusions that Ford is complaining about them and they're the reason we haven't won. We need a rift between Ford and those powers that pay his salary and keep him employed. Him being likeable to them is why he's paid what he is and is still here.  

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Ford had a few minutes between practice and the show last night so if his comments were because he didn't fully understand the situation, that's fine. I just want to make sure there is no misunderstanding on that front.

And I do think his comments need to be taken with that understanding. He probably had to address it once it got out like it did and that was a "friendly" setting to do so, but also with him not knowing what exactly was going on I think he should have been advised to keep his comments concise basically acknowledging the situation, that his son feels terrible about it, and that he in no way condones the behavior. He is not dialed into what was going on and in his response he kind of started rambling, so likely speaking more generally than to this specific situation which he most certainly had not been following. So, for those of us who are paying attention when he starts talking about hiding behind screen names and taking personal attacks, that explains the behavior of his son, not the podcast and other account his son attacked who are not hiding nor making personal attacks that I am aware of.

I am just so perplexed by the second account because in their defense of Ford, they have done the exact opposite really putting Ford on an island if this is assumed to be tied to Ford.

cgeldmacher likes this

7 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

And I do think his comments need to be taken with that understanding. He probably had to address it once it got out like it did and that was a "friendly" setting to do so, but also with him not knowing what exactly was going on I think he should have been advised to keep his comments concise basically acknowledging the situation, that his son feels terrible about it, and that he in no way condones the behavior. He is not dialed into what was going on and in his response he kind of started rambling, so likely speaking more generally than to this specific situation which he most certainly had not been following. So, for those of who are paying attention when he starts talking about hiding behind screen names and taking personal attacks, that explains the behavior of his son, not the podcast and other account his son attacked who are not hiding.

The burner account came into existence in November. This isn't the first time he has gone at SLU fans on twitter.

TheChosenOne likes this

27 minutes ago, Pistol said:

If he actually wants to go to Louisville and give up his buyout, I’ll help pack his moving van for free. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

If he actually wants to go to Louisville and give up his buyout, I’ll help pack his moving van for free. 

If UofL made that move there would be a riot. At this rate he'd be lucky to go to Berea.

28 minutes ago, Soderball said:

It doesn't change how supremely stupid and embarrassing the whole situation was.

This situation will also be used as an example by other coaches and public figures about why their family should not get mixed up in social media. Albeit if Shane just wanted to post and respond with his opinion this would have never been a thing. Don't use burner accounts. He's entitled to an opinion just like anyone else, and shoulda used it if he felt the need to say something.

Bingo!  This will be used by media communications people all over the country as an example of what NOT to do and how vitally important it is that you get your friends and family to understand that as well. Don’t use a burner account, it will be found out and end up causing far more harm than whatever good you think it may do. 

Look, I have a son who is 21 years old, and, yes, he is still a kid.  Kids do stupid stuff and if the worst thing you do as a kid is try to defend your father against people criticizing him, that's not so bad.  I'm willing to bet all of us did worse stuff between the ages of 15 and 23.  Please remember that during this whole discussion.  This is a kid!!

This entire situation is getting out of control.  I have pretty much said this already, but Ford should probably be let go after the season, and SLU should probably be looking for a replacement as we speak.  I also believe that not only should this happen, but that it is happening.  The big donors who pull the strings behind the scenes at SLU have money to make those donations because they are intelligent.  Trust that these smart folks see the same things we do and have the same desires and expectations for our program that we do.

This whole campaign against Ford is very much overkill and unnecessary trolling of a guy who really, really wanted to succeed here at SLU.  For several reasons, many of which are his own shortcomings, it did not work out.  The fact that he failed to raise our program up to the level we wanted is not reason to constantly bash the guy.  Give it a rest.  Every comment he makes is over analyzed and hammered on.  Every loss is treated as if its reason to tar and feather him.  Is it impossible for guys on this board to just let this play out gracefully, not continually embarrass Coach Ford and themselves, and just wait for the next coach? 

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

If UofL made that move there would be a riot. At this rate he'd be lucky to go to Berea.

Yeah, I think it was one last attempt to inject some fear into Chris May that Travis Ford would actually leave.  I personally have no fear of that outcome if I were the AD, I would just let him go and move on. I’m not the AD however

7 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Yeah, I think it was one last attempt to inject some fear into Chris May that Travis Ford would actually leave.  I personally have no fear of that outcome if I were the AD, I would just let him go and move on. I’m not the AD however

Think this is more about rumors a few years ago that Ford was trying to leave - perhaps Lville was the goal, but doubt it was ever gonna happen