GDT: SLU v. Wyoming

SluSignGuy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am telling you all's they face guarded, double and triple teamed and beat the hell out of jimerson.  Jimerson imo let them and got the ball to his teammates instead of forcing something.   Jimerson was fine.   Instead of tearing down Gibson, give credit for his teamwork and the execution by the other billikens

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

Best PG in program history without whom Ford would’ve been gone ages ago. 

Not even close imo 

MB73 likes this

23 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Disrespectful to Yuri vs GM

What was that, 35 points, 13 assists, and 10 made FTs, a triple double of sorts. He was terrific that night.

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Also Gibby 1 attempt in 25 mins?

TF?????

He was out on the wing behind the arc but wasn't getting any passes.  I know Parker is getting lots of praise but at some point he has to actually pass the ball.  Once he gets the ball no matter where he is, he is going to get a shot.

The refs were bad, yes, but the announcing team was worse-just pitiful-a disgrace to ESPN.

I was cringing at some of parker hero ball, but then you realize he's shooting 50% from the floor, it's hard to complain.   The young man is a flat out scorer deluxe.

It was a good win because different players stepped up and gave hope for the overall program at different times.  Parker.  Medley.  Dalger.  Thames.  Hargrove.  Zhang.  Meadows.  And roy is right, Jimerson did other things to help the team because he was getting mugged and will get mugged the rest of the year.

From what we saw on parker's injury, it appears to be some sort of foot injury.  Not a calf cramp.  Not a sprained ankle.  Cringing to think it might be a broken foot or bone fracture.  Pure speculation but based on all items observed, foot injury seems to be the winner.  

Parker is the only guy able to manufacture a shot.  Dalger seems to be second.  Zhang had some nice play and looks very promising.  Good to see Thames really step it up and show his roster spot is not a lost cause as seemed to be the case last year.  We still run the mindless weave and end up wasting a whole lot of time in doing so.  Unless Sincere has the ball at which point the weave is essentially over.  And Jimerson continues to get mugged night after night.  Just once I'd liek to see him drive and pull up for the jumper.  Just once.  

In hindsight, Wyoming didn't have the talent nor the bench to stay with us.  Kind of hard to fathom that given our roster.

12 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

It was a good win because different players stepped up and gave hope for the overall program at different times.  Parker.  Medley.  Dalger.  Thames.  Hargrove.  Zhang.  Meadows.  And roy is right, Jimerson did other things to help the team because he was getting mugged and will get mugged the rest of the year.

From what we saw on parker's injury, it appears to be some sort of foot injury.  Not a calf cramp.  Not a sprained ankle.  Cringing to think it might be a broken foot or bone fracture.  Pure speculation but based on all items observed, foot injury seems to be the winner.  

Parker is the only guy able to manufacture a shot.  Dalger seems to be second.  Zhang had some nice play and looks very promising.  Good to see Thames really step it up and show his roster spot is not a lost cause as seemed to be the case last year.  We still run the mindless weave and end up wasting a whole lot of time in doing so.  Unless Sincere has the ball at which point the weave is essentially over.  And Jimerson continues to get mugged night after night.  Just once I'd liek to see him drive and pull up for the jumper.  Just once.  

In hindsight, Wyoming didn't have the talent nor the bench to stay with us.  Kind of hard to fathom that given our roster.

Jimerson does occasionally drive and pull up for the jumper.  Against last athletic teams.  You may even see it tomorrow against Vermont. 

Jimerson could make a lot of money playing professional ball overseas.  But he needs to stop being intimidated by athletic defenders. 

He just went to the free throw line 17 times last game.  He should keep driving the ball regardless of competition level.  I know his success rate will be lower against certain teams but it's better than being shut out.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I am telling you all's they face guarded, double and triple teamed and beat the hell out of jimerson.  Jimerson imo let them and got the ball to his teammates instead of forcing something.   Jimerson was fine.   Instead of tearing down Gibson, give credit for his teamwork and the execution by the other billikens

The defensive scheme executed most perfectly by that Gustavson kid at Richmond. They’ve always known each time Gibson comes home to make his life a living hell. That’s the playbook. 

20 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Jimerson does occasionally drive and pull up for the jumper.  Against last athletic teams.  You may even see it tomorrow against Vermont. 

Jimerson could make a lot of money playing professional ball overseas.  But he needs to stop being intimidated by athletic defenders. 

He just went to the free throw line 17 times last game.  He should keep driving the ball regardless of competition level.  I know his success rate will be lower against certain teams but it's better than being shut out.

I was there and kept saying the same thing. If he’d head for the hoop they’re bound to foul him. I don’t care how he gets his 20 from 3’s or FT’s makes no difference.