2023-2024 Season

Aquinas

3 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

@thetorch I'm loving the passion and I feel the same frustrations, I just think your solution is off.  Winning cures all things and a drop in conference may help with winning short term but it will be an overall negative.

This. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 (or 366) days a year. The panacea for our ills is winning. Lots and lots of winning. Seems easy, let's do it.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Utah collective is giving each of the 85 scholarship football players a leased truck. Truck retails for 60K. It's clever as leases terminate every 6 months. The collective has 3 mil. Looking to double that. 

I still think that's obscene lol

11 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Utah collective is giving each of the 85 scholarship football players a leased truck. Truck retails for 60K. It's clever as leases terminate every 6 months. The collective has 3 mil. Looking to double that. 

Good luck finding your truck outside of the football complex!

billiCAN, SLU_Lax and brianstl like this

17 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Boy, the NCAA is taking its sweet time on deciding if Bradley Ezewiro plays or sits.  Has to be tough on the player, the first exhibition game is just 2 weeks away. 

They reversed their decision on UNC's FB, Tez Walker 5 games into the season then released a snarky statement.

"UNC's behavior and decision to wage a public relations campaign is inappropriate and outside the bounds of the process UNC's own staff supported. Had the UNC staff not behaved in this fashion and submitted this information weeks ago, this entire unfortunate episode could have been avoided." -NCAA

That organization is bereft of competence and hastening their own demise. 

So don't expect anything soon, ever or logical from the NCAA.

More good Billiken basketball news heard on Ackerman this am. Zhang out with an unspecified injury until mid-November. 😳

Off-season depression continues.

1 minute ago, VeniceMenace said:

Look at the four side, at least SLU is in no danger of being overrated again.

I’m still predicting 20 wins though, adding this and next season’s win totals together!!

VeniceMenace likes this

16 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Hargrove will fill in as a small ball 5. We'll be fine. 

should this have been blue font?

NextYearBill likes this

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Nope  Travis said that this morning. Maybe we are actually going to try and run. 

Yep, I heard Travis a week ago state (I’m paraphrasing a bit) “we are going to press, press and press some more.  Press and trap.  Almost every time the opponent has the ball.  And TJ will play a large amount of time at the 5. Will be an heck of a match up problem for opponents bigs. Our strengths are the 1, 2 and 3…Meadows is an amazing player, will be the primary 1.”  

Travis had a UMass team that played this way.  Beat a bunch of blue bloods.  Made the semi-finals of the NIT I believe.

wgstl and BLIKNS like this

32 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

https://kenpom.com/

Top 33% of D1 in the pre-season Ken Pom. #115

Good news! According to kenpom.com, we may finish higher in the A10 than many people thought! Our 115 is 7th in the A10.  Bad news: if kenpom.com is close to accurate, the A10 is a one bid league (again). Plan on trying to win the A10 tournament if you want to go to the NCAA.

Kenpom.com’s view of the A10:

Dayton-69

St Bonnie-70

Loy-Chi-75

VCU-86

Duq-89

St Joe’s-104

St Louis-115

Richmond-126

Davidson-152

Fordham-163

George Mason-164