Team Bonding

BLIKNS

Saw on the Tweets page , the team did Karoke .  Seems the team does alot together and has  fun.. Ford seems to really get the concept, IMO.  

Team chemistry so vital , a must .. Can that top talent???

22 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Saw on the Tweets page , the team did Karoke .  Seems the team does alot together and has  fun.. Ford seems to really get the concept, IMO.  

Team chemistry so vital , a must .. Can that top talent???

Maybe to an extent, but why should we assume other teams won’t have good team chemistry too?

It's important for the program to have a social media presence & post things like this for marketing / recruiting purposes.  However, jumping from a social media post showing the team doing karaoke together to the team having good chemistry is a stretch.  Social media posts / videos are carefully presented to maintain an image which doesn't always match the truth.  I'm not necessarily saying the team doesn't have good chemistry just that you can't infer anything from the official Twitter account.  If someone like McBroom is screwing other guys girlfriends, that's not going on the official team social media account.  It's the same way with your friend posting cute family pictures with their toddler and not posting pictures of the toddler getting sick and throwing up everywhere.

billikenbill likes this

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

It's important for the program to have a social media presence & post things like this for marketing / recruiting purposes.  However, jumping from a social media post showing the team doing karaoke together to the team having good chemistry is a stretch.  Social media posts / videos are carefully presented to maintain an image which doesn't always match the truth.  I'm not necessarily saying the team doesn't have good chemistry just that you can't infer anything from the official Twitter account.  If someone like McBroom is screwing other guys girlfriends, that's not going on the official team social media account.  It's the same way with your friend posting cute family pictures with their toddler and not posting pictures of the toddler getting sick and throwing up everywhere.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7alot70u22aa24ahoys

Always to hear how happy the neighbors are?

“Louisiana big man Jordan Brown will play for Memphis basketball coach Penny Hardaway next season.

The 6-foot-11 center announced his commitment Tuesday. Brown's addition is the latest in the Tigers' near total rebuild.

The program has just one player (guard Jayden Hardaway) in line to return from last season's roster which won 26 games, claimed the AAC tournament title and advanced to the NCAA tournament”

we hope to get Malcom Dandredge and we hope he has a point to prove in his senior year.

i am impressed when I go to games and see all of the local supporters who once played their hearts out for SLU. At no time have we had more local coaches who played basketball for SLU and now coach big high schools like Claggett, Tatum, Pee Wee Leonard and now Kevin Lisch returns to tesm up with Highmark and I am sure he will add to our strong core with Troy Robertson and who could wish for more from Larry Hughes. Rich Grawer had a couple of good connections but right now this team has strong support from recent graduates.

While I have no sense how the squad is bonding (I do think the guys returning seem to be without drama and seem like positive kids), I do think that is going to be important for Ford and company to emphasize this summer and fall with so many new faces. Maybe generally in college athletics with the way rosters are turning over year to year. We have guys coming in from different countries who will be going through a big adjustment not only on the court, but off the court as well being in college and living in the US, so a lot of change for them. And then we have transfers in the case of Dalger and Dandridge who are 5th year guys and in the case of Ezewiro playing for his 3rd team in 3 seasons who you need to make sure get bought in (and it sounds like Dalger is a real positive in that area). I find myself excited for the season because I do not know what to expect, but it feels like a fresh start with roles and playing time out there to be earned which I tend to like. With the league being down, why not surprise us with a dominating winter! I don't see any force in the league this coming winter, why not us?!?!

DOC, brianstl and Billiken Rich like this

5 hours ago, Scoop said:

I know but that’s common sense. Don’t be killin’ my good team bonding vibes with common sense. I’m tryin’ to get pumped for the season over here.

My apologies.  Given some posts on this board, I have to assume there are MBMs who have no common sense whatsoever.

Reasons to be pumped for the season:

• LH Jr. and Sincere Parker are going to take massive steps forward. 
  • Our offense may not be better, but it will be less predictable
  • I think our defense will be improved as well because Ford will have more flexibility to bench guys who aren't performing on that end.
  • We've got a bunch of new foreign guys who we know very little about & could end up being awesome
Dr Bird and cgeldmacher like this

I'm just pissed that Rothstein and Frank haven't started hyping up fringe guys as all A10 players yet. I guess Ford lost their numbers.

In all seriousness though I really have no clue what to expect. We have some good pieces and a lot of unknowns. If everything goes right, we are going to be really good. If it doesn't, we are going to be really bad. I know that applies to 98% of teams but I feel like it's here especially for us

32 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'm just pissed that Rothstein and Frank haven't started hyping up fringe guys as all A10 players yet. I guess Ford lost their numbers.

In all seriousness though I really have no clue what to expect. We have some good pieces and a lot of unknowns. If everything goes right, we are going to be really good. If it doesn't, we are going to be really bad. I know that applies to 98% of teams but I feel like it's here especially for us

If LHJ takes that next step OR the Serbian is ready to start, I think our starting 5 is solid. Maybe top 5-6 in the A10 starting lineup.  Bench is incredibly questionable.  Im interested to see if Brad plays the 4 at all. 

19 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

It will be nice to not have the flowery preseason #1 ranking/ press clippings for a change. 

light a fire under them a bit 

I honestly disagree. I would take a preseason #1 team any year without question.  (Having said that, I would prefer a team that overperforms to one that underperforms expectations.)

Edited by SLUMedBilliken15
cgeldmacher and CenHudDude like this