Transfers - 2023

ACE

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Not surprising a Billiken fan message board would have folks who still consume local news. Hope your breakfast at the Gatesworth was good this morning.

-the oatmeal was lacking in raisins but I'm hoping for an extra scoop of sherbet at lunch

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what Mr. Dandridge's idea of soon is..?.

Is it after he visits Michigan or wherever on the 28th .  Is he just going to show up on a campus when school starts???   

Do we have anyone visiting next weekend?

On 7/23/2023 at 9:38 AM, BLIKNS said:

Is it after he visits Michigan or wherever on the 28th .  Is he just going to show up on a campus when school starts???

Is Dandridge planning on visiting Michigan this weekend (looks like the quiet period runs from Friday, July 28th through Saturday, August 5th)? Not knowing the team's schedule, I would imagine they are only around a few more weeks before heading home for a bit before returning for the fall semester, so it would seem unlikely he spends much time at his future home before the fall semester.

Another day has passed in the Dandridge drama... just curious , would anyone be surprised if he ended up at North Texas?

44 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Another day has passed in the Dandridge drama... just curious , would anyone be surprised if he ended up at North Texas?

That would actually be hilarious.  But yes, vwery shocked. He prefers flashy, UNT is not that

2 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

Someone posted the other week about the current dead period running through today, so Dandridge likely taking a visit or visits (Michigan or West Virginia presumably) this weekend/next week. With the next dead period running from August 6th-20th, the next week will seemingly be his last opportunity to visit schools before the school year starts. This has been a strange one.

brianstl likes this

Seems like the first documented holdout by the first mediocre player for mo' money.  I can't wait to trach his controibutions .... no matter where he lands.  

5 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Seems like the first documented holdout by the first mediocre player for mo' money.  I can't wait to trach his controibutions .... no matter where he lands.  

Eventually some desperate team will just slap the franchise tag on him. 

Nothing out there about Dandridge, visiting anywhere.  

West Virginia , was rumored to have contacted him, got a commitment from a forward from Israel, this is after also getting the commitment from Quinn Slazinski. Both have committed since July 19..

Maybe Malcom will decide something soon... 

According to Verbal Commits, two-time tool Davion Bradford has not committed. We're desperate, he's probably desperate - could be a match made in heaven. Although, he's a two-time transfer, so I guess he would likely have to sit out?

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

According to Verbal Commits, two-time tool Davion Bradford has not committed. We're desperate, he's probably desperate - could be a match made in heaven. Although, he's a two-time transfer, so I guess he would likely have to sit out?

i think i would rather be stuck with bradford than dandridge.   dandridge reneging on the billikens multiple times ended my want for him coming here.   

dlarry likes this

9 minutes ago, shempie said:

https://missouristatebears.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/dalen-ridgnal/7450

This guy apparently hit the portal as a grad transfer. Played at Georgia also and from KC. 

Better than Dandridge. He just graduated over the summer so hes immediately eligible. Assuming he is looking to go back up to a P5 level, even though he saw success at MoState. 

25 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Better than Dandridge. He just graduated over the summer so hes immediately eligible. Assuming he is looking to go back up to a P5 level, even though he saw success at MoState. 

Better than MD?

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Have you seen Bradford play? Slower than old horse walking uphill and about same vertical leap as the horse. That’s a desperation signee. Pass.

On 7/28/2023 at 6:43 PM, billikenbill said:

Have you seen Bradford play? Slower than old horse walking uphill and about same vertical leap as the horse. That’s a desperation signee. Pass.

Yes, I have, he was pretty good as a freshman in the Big 12, but has sucked since and is a tool... and yes, we are desperate at this point. My guess, the most likely outcome is we roll the dice with an obscure foreign big.

47 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yes, I have, he was pretty good as a freshman in the Big 12, but has sucked since and is a tool... and yes, we are desperate at this point. My guess, the most likely outcome is we roll the dice with an obscure foreign big.

Saw some WF fans mentioning he was one of the best rim protectors in the ACC. 

im ready to go all guards.   wth.   if we are going to suck, at least have some fun.   run, gun, press all over the floor.   maybe the tulsa kid can get some rebounds.   if i recall, LaSalle made it to the sweet 16 doing this.  a sweet 16 run would be the bests the billikens have done since easy ed.   

if we arent brave enough to go that extreme, go with freshmen bigs and just let em play and tell them to play agressive.   a lot of fouls to give.   and one would think with their size they can get some rebounds and put backs.  

just dont bring in a chemistry killer.   and i now believe that is exactly what dandridge would be.  

17 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

im ready to go all guards.   wth.   if we are going to suck, at least have some fun.   run, gun, press all over the floor.   maybe the tulsa kid can get some rebounds.   if i recall, LaSalle made it to the sweet 16 doing this.  a sweet 16 run would be the bests the billikens have done since easy ed.   

if we arent brave enough to go that extreme, go with freshmen bigs and just let em play and tell them to play agressive.   a lot of fouls to give.   and one would think with their size they can get some rebounds and put backs.  

just dont bring in a chemistry killer.   and i now believe that is exactly what dandridge would be.  

Dalger is a good rebounder...