GDT: George Mason; Why does Jesus get nervous when playing basketball?

SluSignGuy

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Every time that is a foul.  You cannot do what Okoro did, and English put the play in because he knew the rule.

Look at the link SignGuy posted.  Reverse the uniforms and the board would be up in flames. 

I did look at the video. Multiple times.  I’ll reiterate…
1. the contact is minimal to begin with.  If we don’t call the numerous illegal screens on Oduro during the game, then we have to let this slide.

2.  For the 3rd time, time and space is relevant when taking a charge.  Okoro has to be given space to adjust course.  It’s fairly clear he is not given that space

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Two things can be true:

1. It was awful basketball IQ by Franco, a failure by the coaching staff in not warning him about the possibility, and there was definitely contact. 

2. Mason was clearly playing for that foul and the dude went down super easily, after they had gotten just about every call all night. 

for me, in that situation it’s a no call every time.  

100%

Ignoring the obvious flop attempt by the GMU player at contact to draw a charge, that is rarely called. Called a foul every time?! 

50 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Lmao they T up our coach x2 for leaving the box and they gift wrapped it for us..

Ford said the official told him the fist one was for making the traveling motion.

He said he wasn’t given a reason for the second but he was telling his team to get back on defense when it was called.

The first one was weak but that happens sometime  questions need to be asked about the second.

The final play gets run a lot. It doesn’t get called a lot.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why Mason didn’t try the Laettner play to Oduro.  If he catches the ball he’s making it.

I think that’s a better call than trying to get a cheap foul. 

3 minutes ago, laker119 said:

I did look at the video. Multiple times.  I’ll reiterate…
1. the contact is minimal to begin with.  If we don’t call the numerous illegal screens on Oduro during the game, then we have to let this slide.

2.  For the 3rd time, time and space is relevant when taking a charge.  Okoro has to be given space to adjust course.  It’s fairly clear he is not given that space

After viewing the video posted I have to agree with you.  Okoro was not given any chance to go around the player.  The screen set should have been set a bit farther away and then it would be charge.  Okoro took a half step and ran into the guy.  I do agree that English put in a good play but he should have told the player not to set it so tight.  Okoro has to be given a chance to get around the guy and he was not.

46 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Rammer commented we got a huge break we on the last non-call, (on postgame)

Rammer brought it up 3 times during the post game. It’s a defensive play run all the that never gets called. Never. The officiating was awful and we were on the bad end of some critical calls leaving the last non call inconsequential to everyone but you and Bob. Rammer is annoying. 

3 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

After viewing the video posted I have to agree with you.  Okoro was not given any chance to go around the player.  The screen set should have been set a bit farther away and then it would be charge.  Okoro took a half step and ran into the guy.  I do agree that English put in a good play but he should have told the player not to set it so tight.  Okoro has to be given a chance to get around the guy and he was not.

You explained it better than I have.  Cheers to you 

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Ford said the official told him the fist one was for making the traveling motion.

He said he wasn’t given a reason for the second but he was telling his team to get back on defense when it was called.

The first one was weak but that happens sometime  questions need to be asked about the second.

Ya even worse

Why did Tate call a timeout to allow Mason to script a play? Are we that concerned our defense would have been caught snoozing?

I was imagining if Travis was watching that and was freaking out? Or something tells me Travis would also call a timeout. Either way I would not have given Mason that opportunity in that situation.

cgeldmacher and cheeseman like this

26 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Every time that is a foul.  You cannot do what Okoro did, and English put the play in because he knew the rule.

Look at the link SignGuy posted.  Reverse the uniforms and the board would be up in flames. 

Stop trying to be a contrarian. It’s super off-putting. Like we get it man

gobillsgo likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Yeah it is.  It is the same refs year after yeah and Travis’s BS on the sidelines has not only gotten old and worse the last few years.

I could agree with you except I see coaches doing this lots of time and we seldom see Ts called much less an ejection.  I understand that some coaches are worse than others but Ford is no better or no worse than others.  I know two wrongs don't make a right but if refs don't call the rule consistently on all coaches then it becomes hard to all of a sudden to do it.  

32 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

😂😂😂 Just for the record, I would appreciate the effort and play call but there's no way in hell I'm upset with the ref not calling that if the roles are reversed. I never want the refs to decide the game. 

2 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

ESPN is saying attendance was only 5,200. No way that place was only half full right?

Ya not sure. Small student / band area prob hurt, but suites were 50% full which was surprising