GDT: George Mason; Why does Jesus get nervous when playing basketball?

SluSignGuy

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Is he supposed to be immune to criticism when he’s playing poorly? Anyone else off limits? 

This was the first time I ever recall seeing him hitting big shots. Criticism was well-earned.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Matty Light said:

No, I don't think so. You can be criticized for playing poorly. But playing clutch should at least soften the view that Gibby can't hit an important bucket. He deserves more fan confidence for at least a game. He's earned it today.

Yep hit a big shot. We are always on him for that and he did it today. Gotta give him props.

Just now, Matty Light said:

No, I don't think so. You can be criticized for playing poorly. But playing clutch should at least soften the view that Gibby can't hit an important bucket. He deserves more fan confidence for at least a game. He's earned it today.

Correct. Well done, GibJim!!

2 minutes ago, laker119 said:

That’s never a foul.  Time and distance is relevant when taking charge, and the GMU guy did NOT give Franco time and space.  It’s simple

Crazy designed play.  You figure you have a better chance of getting a whistle than making a 75 footer.  Smart but super gimmicky imo

https://youtu.be/pqZOJPynX_k

As for the out of bounds play ‘foul’, I have never seen it called and here is another instance of a non call. I hope the link works, 1987 Iowa-Oklahoma NCAA tournament game.

End of the game, pretty much same situation. 

Edited by someoneelse
Incomplete original

35 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Nah he’s guarding the inbounds and the dude just steps in front of him.  Ain’t no way that’s a foul.  

Every time that is a foul.  You cannot do what Okoro did, and English put the play in because he knew the rule.

Look at the link SignGuy posted.  Reverse the uniforms and the board would be up in flames. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Every time that is a foul.  You cannot do what Okoro did, and English put the play in because he knew the rule.

Look at the link SignGuy posted.  Reverse the uniforms and the board would be up in flames. 

Two things can be true:

1. It was awful basketball IQ by Franco, a failure by the coaching staff in not warning him about the possibility, and there was definitely contact. 

2. Mason was clearly playing for that foul and the dude went down super easily, after they had gotten just about every call all night. 

for me, in that situation it’s a no call every time.  

cgeldmacher likes this