GDT: George Mason; Why does Jesus get nervous when playing basketball?

SluSignGuy

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

It’s a road game, and we’re us, so I’m still nervous. 

absolutely, I'm not sure we win.  But at least the team we're playing's weakness favors us. 

46 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

This kid ignited the crowd, for the energy down the stretch. Is it too early to put an offer out to him???

https://fb.watch/h-YbOI-jjo/

That kid was awesome!  Think about it- for him hitting two threes in a row is like two 30 footers for an adult.  Maybe Travis can at least send out a billikens.com stringer to his youth league games.

15 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Worst reffed game ever 

My apologies to the people in Section 102, who heard me yelling this already all last night, but the refs refused to call anything on Odoru.  He was the most physical player on the court and didn't get a foul until a few minutes left in the game.  He was hooking his defender every time he made a move down low.  He was mugging our guys on rebounds.  He traveled several times and it wasn't called.

It is very easy to have a big game like he did when the refs aren't calling anything against you.  On the flip side, it is very hard to play against a guy that they refs are bowing down to.

15 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Two things can be true:

1. It was awful basketball IQ by Franco, a failure by the coaching staff in not warning him about the possibility, and there was definitely contact. 

2. Mason was clearly playing for that foul and the dude went down super easily, after they had gotten just about every call all night. 

for me, in that situation it’s a no call every time.  

Live and in person from across the arena, it seemed like much more contact last night.  Watching the replay today, and it seems like there was barely any contact and the guy went down super easy.  I thought it should have been a foul last night.  Now, I think it was correct as a no call.

10 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

My apologies to the people in Section 102, who heard me yelling this already all last night, but the ref refused to call anything on Odoru.  He was the most physical player on the court and didn't get a foul until a few minutes left in the game.  He was hooking his defender every time he made a move down low.  He was mugging our guys on rebounds.  He traveled several times and it wasn't called.

It is very easy to have a big game like he did when the refs aren't calling anything against you.  On the flip side, it is very hard to play against a guy that they refs are bowing down to.

This!

Its almost impossible for a big to go the entire game without getting a foul called against them.

When they finally did get him towards the end the look of shock and disbelief on his face was priceless. 

2 hours ago, Band Legend said:

That kid was awesome!  Think about it- for him hitting two threes in a row is like two 30 footers for an adult.  Maybe Travis can at least send out a billikens.com stringer to his youth league games.

My wife and i were just saying when they walked out for the contest, "why would slu put a little kid out there to do this.  especially the three pointer."  then he makes all 4 shots.   it was awesome.   what a great moment for the kid.   loved it.  

Adman likes this

34 minutes ago, dlarry said:

When they finally did get him towards the end the look of shock and disbelief on his face was priceless. 

If his look of astonishment was serious instead of made up I'm with you.  Seemed like Toppin at Dayton was protected too.......NOBODY ever gave French that kind of respect.....

Bizziken likes this

2 hours ago, Band Legend said:

Over the line!! | The big lebowski, Big lebowski quotes, Dude

SLU_Lax and ARon like this

43 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

If his look of astonishment was serious instead of made up I'm with you.  Seemed like Toppin at Dayton was protected too.......NOBODY ever gave French that kind of respect.....

You can't blame him for being shocked when something he's been doing the whole game with no problem is suddenly called a foul.

Bizziken likes this