Jump to content

Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly


thetorch

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be really interesting to see what happens with Goodwin's playing time when Delon Wright comes back from injury in a few weeks.  In my biased opinion, he's played well enough that he should continue getting regular minutes even ahead of Wright, Monte Morris and Will Barton.  However, the Wizards may not want to sign Goodwin to a regular contract until they have to (last day of regular season to be playoff eligible & that's assuming the Wizards make the playoffs).  Therefore, they may use Wright's return to give Goodwin more off days (or a stint in the G-League) so they don't exceed the 50 games he is able to play on his 2 way contract.  He's already at 14 games (out of 21 team games).  He's played in 12 of the last 13 with the only one missed due to injury.

BilliesBy40 likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

It'll be really interesting to see what happens with Goodwin's playing time when Delon Wright comes back from injury in a few weeks.  In my biased opinion, he's played well enough that he should continue getting regular minutes even ahead of Wright, Monte Morris and Will Barton.  However, the Wizards may not want to sign Goodwin to a regular contract until they have to (last day of regular season to be playoff eligible & that's assuming the Wizards make the playoffs).  Therefore, they may use Wright's return to give Goodwin more off days (or a stint in the G-League) so they don't exceed the 50 games he is able to play on his 2 way contract.  He's already at 14 games (out of 21 team games).  He's played in 12 of the last 13 with the only one missed due to injury.

If they send him down to the G-League does he have to clear waivers or something similar giving other teams a shot to get him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Key Upcoming Contract Dates for Wizards and Goodwin, as well as the rest of the NBA.

2023

  • Jan. 5: 10-day contracts may now be signed
  • Jan. 10: All standard NBA contracts are guaranteed for the remainder of the season
  • Jan. 20: All two-way contracts are guaranteed for the remainder of the season
  • Feb. 9: NBA Trade Deadline (3 p.m. ET)
Compton likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

He is getting a half a million dollars.

Leave the money aside for a while, he is getting something that is much more important  than that. He is getting playing time in real NBA games and doing a great job, out there in full view of the audiences, scouts, and most importantly other teams. That is where the advantage lies for him. Other teams are seeing his value for the Wizards and can check videos of the games to look closely at JG in action. This is the best promotion media he can possibly get within the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2022 at 10:40 PM, almaman said:

slavery

You cheapen the lives and struggle of the nearly 50 million people worldwide living in actual slavery with this empty rhetoric.

Hard to be a slave when you play in $300 shoes made in China by actual slaves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Matty Light said:

Love the video! But a small part of me laments when he says "coulda been a DB in the NFL". As a Hawkeye football fan I know he would have been a great one if he had accepted their scholarship. Of course the Billiken me is way too thankful he chose the route he did.

Goodwins future on the gridiron was at TE. While his stats wouldn’t say it, he was one of the best pure pass catchers in the state of IL.  6’3 190 in high school with his athleticism, route running, and ball skills got him an offer to play Big 10 football at Iowa. 
 

Freak athlete, better competitor.  It’s crazy it’s happening this quickly, but him being here doesn’t surprise me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Goodwins future on the gridiron was at TE. While his stats wouldn’t say it, he was one of the best pure pass catchers in the state of IL.  6’3 190 in high school with his athleticism, route running, and ball skills got him an offer to play Big 10 football at Iowa. 

That's great, but he was offered to play DB for Iowa, not TE. The Hawkeye TE position requires dominant blocking in addition to speed and hands. It requires bulking up to 235lbs, minimum. Iowa already had TJ Hockenson, Noah Fant and Shaun Beyer as TEs. They thought Goodwin would be a physical, ball hawking defender.

Most Iowa defenders were also great offensive players in high school. They like that trait in their recruits. Goodwin fit the mold of the Hawkeyes safeties that have gone on to NFL success. Think Micah Hyde.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matty Light said:

That's great, but he was offered to play DB for Iowa, not TE. The Hawkeye TE position requires dominant blocking in addition to speed and hands. It requires bulking up to 235lbs, minimum. Iowa already had TJ Hockenson, Noah Fant and Shaun Beyer as TEs. They thought Goodwin would be a physical, ball hawking defender.

Most Iowa defenders were also great offensive players in high school. They like that trait in their recruits. Goodwin fit the mold of the Hawkeyes safeties that have gone on to NFL success. Think Micah Hyde.

Not quite.  Goodwin never played DB in high school.  In fact the only defense he ever played in HS was DE and that was only when he was a sophomore.  

Iowa wanted him to be a TE.  Not to say he couldn’t have been a good defensive back as well (he’s a phenomenal athlete), but Iowa brought him in for his pass catching ability at his size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...