GDT: NIT First Round, SLU vs. UNI

40 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Wonder what attendance will be at Chaifetz tonight? 

Ticketmaster has 5,842 tickets available for tonight right now. I would hope for 4,000. Back in 2010, when we hosted the CBI it was 3,542 for Indiana St (1st Rd), 4,235 for Green Bay (Quarter), 4,682 for Princeton (Semi) and 5,612 for VCU (Game 2 of Final). We had 5,674 at the Family Arena 18 years ago today vs Iowa. 

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Ticketmaster has 5,842 tickets available for tonight right now. I would hope for 4,000. Back in 2010, when we hosted the CBI it was 3,542 for Indiana St (1st Rd), 4,235 for Green Bay (Quarter), 4,682 for Princeton (Semi) and 5,612 for VCU (Game 2 of Final). We had 5,674 at the Family Arena 18 years ago today vs Iowa. 

It’s gonna be a small crowd. Generally people have deprioritized going to sporting events since Covid hit. There was a pitiful crowd at every NIT game last night, and I expect a slightly below average Chaifetz crowd tonight (better than every other NIT crowd, though). 

1 hour ago, A10Ref said:

It’s gonna be a small crowd. Generally people have deprioritized going to sporting events since Covid hit. There was a pitiful crowd at every NIT game last night, and I expect a slightly below average Chaifetz crowd tonight (better than every other NIT crowd, though). 

And people have a long weekend of NCAA basketball ahead.

I know it is not the NCAA, but I love the NIT.  I do.  But I also love the Missouri Valley so feel free to ignore.

This should be a great game though.

Is Yuri still leading the nation in Assists?  

This isn't one of those let's sit him out to lead the league in batting average things is it??😉

27 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

I wonder if the coaches had a chance to practice the offense without Yuri. It is going to have to look a lot different. Jones can't replicate the same offense.

Jones is actually a pretty good PG. He's just not Collins. Most teams he would be the starting guy.

It's tough for us without Yuri.