GDT: NIT First Round, SLU vs. UNI

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Yeah. There’s a large sample size and this is what ya get. Travis is a great guy to come in and raise a program up to this level. He doesn’t have any track record of anything more. He’s a Doug Collins type. Gets things leveled up and stabilized, but you need to find a Phil Jackson to take it to the next level. 

My thought is if Mizzou wants him they can have him. Think he hit his ceiling with his one NCAA Tourney trip.

One thing is clear, Is Perkins doesn’t come back, I’d like to see if we can someone who can play the big 3 or 4. Nesbitt isn’t a starter yet, and would take a MASSIVE leap to be one next year - THJ didn’t show he wanted it much either.

back up Pg is crucial too.

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

A lot of this is due to Xs and Os. You can have talent but if they don’t have a system they’re gonna rip your heart out. 

This.  Travis should at least bring in an assistant coach that can cover some of his coaching deficiencies 

Bills71 likes this

Can't play without Collins. Noone else got the juice. Collins carrying the KM banner. Noone else on this roster can right now. Where was he? Where is he? Those are the questions.

If Collins is on the floor we win today. Bottom line.

A10Ref likes this

Don’t even have to read this thread to know the Ford apologists are out in droves defending Travis since Yuri (and Perkins) were out. 

was the season more successful than we anticipated sans Perkins?  Yes. Can we still be disappointed in the lack of game preparation and in game adjustments?  Also yes 

GoSluBills and thatskablamo like this

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Don’t even have to read this thread to know the Ford apologists are out in droves defending Travis since Yuri (and Perkins) were out. 

was the season more successful than we anticipated sans Perkins?  Yes. Can we still be disappointed in the lack of game preparation and in game adjustments?  Also yes 

I want a statement from TF about WTF happened to Collins. 1 hr before game time? Give me a break. Ridiculous.

thatskablamo likes this

17 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

He won’t.  Too much hubris. 

Exactly; aside from the nice exposé on Corey Tate, I don’t know what Ray or any of the other assistants do. We all knew what Bronson was doing, we all knew what Jensen or Biancardi was doing. Hell, we even knew what Cameron Dollar was doing. What are Ford’s assistants doing? 

13 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Can't play without Collins. Noone else got the juice. Collins carrying the KM banner. Noone else on this roster can right now. Where was he? Where is he? Those are the questions.

If Collins is on the floor we win today. Bottom line.

Maybe they do win if Collins plays but that doesn’t excuse the lack of effort we saw tonight. If anything playing without Collins should have inspired them to play harder.
This team got embarrassed. 

Tonight was a dual experience for us, we went to the game, something we had not done for a couple of years and really enjoyed being there. Sadly we lost.

I noticed a couple of things during the game. I saw Perkins walking into the tunnel at the half time and he was not walking normally, he was either favoring his right leg or slightly limping with the left leg. He is not ready to play, not yet. The second point I want to bring out is is a thought I had driving home: we based our play for the whole season on Yuri, he was in charge and directed the game. Well, he could not play tonight and no one else could do what he does. We lost and the season is over.

On the good side, I thought Strickland did rather well tonight, even though he still fouls a bit much.

12 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I don’t really see anyone defending Travis Ford in this thread. Embarrassing performance. 

I find it incredible that teams like Davidson and Northern Illinois have a bunch of slow (white) dudes with many options to shoot (and make) threes whereas we have one and only one option.  Jimerson was 4 for 9.  The rest?  One for nine. 

Of course,  SLU is where jump shots come to die. 

MB73 likes this

5 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Tonight was a dual experience for us, we went to the game, something we had not done for a couple of years and really enjoyed being there. Sadly we lost.

I noticed a couple of things during the game. I saw Perkins walking into the tunnel at the half time and he was not walking normally, he was either favoring his right leg or slightly limping with the left leg. He is not ready to play, not yet. The second point I want to bring out is is a thought I had driving home: we based our play for the whole season on Yuri, he was in charge and directed the game. Well, he could not play tonight and no one else could do what he does. We lost and the season is over.

On the good side, I thought Strickland did rather well tonight, even though he still fouls a bit much.

I bet we hear Colin’s has had an injury for the last month+ but something recently made it worse. Dude is a warrior and is the straw that stirs the drink. He had to be hurting real bad to not play. Need to get him healthy asap. He hasn’t had a full year without nagging injuries (wrists have plagued him in the past). 

1 minute ago, Soderball said:

Terrible, and no info on WHY our best player was announced out while I was on the road to the game. Indefensible.

It’s gamesmanship. You don’t want to show any cards to the other teams coach until near tip. Like Schmidt having Osun a game time decision against VCU post St. Joes injuri or Malachi still being a game time decision today for dayton (both dudes were in boots on the sideline for those respective games, clearly not “game time” decisions). 

we learned something tonight - Fred + nesbitt will not be the backup PG next year. 

Also Post injury Linssen is pretty replaceable next year.

Last, as I stated already, with or without Perkins, Nesbitt should not be a starter, nor should TJH.  NEED a starting 3/4

slu72 likes this