OT: Restaurant advice around Chaifetz

KMR10

7 minutes ago, KMR10 said:

Bringing my kids down for the game tomorrow night and looking for a place to grab dinner beforehand. Any advice or recommendations? 

Fieldhouse it closest option. 

Pappys and Southern are the nest closest, and Maggie o briens is also a good option. 

46 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Fieldhouse it closest option. 

Pappys and Southern are the nest closest, and Maggie o briens is also a good option. 

@KMR10 These are all good options, but make sure you arrive early for Fieldhouse or Pappy's. Fieldhouse will fill up with people who won't leave until a few minutes before the game (so a fun atmosphere) and Pappy's typically has a long line. Southern is my favorite out of the three FWIW. 

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

Fountain on locust is our go to...try to get a booth with the kids, listen to the old style radio dramas while you wait...it's a hoot

I hit the Fountain numerous times meeting up with old college buddies prior to the game. Nice menu and, I know this not for kids,  they have a great martini selection. I also left the car by the restaurant and walked over the Chaifetz.  

14 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

Are there any options for getting food after the game? I know there aren’t many places still serving at 10:30pm.Does anyone know any places that will still be serving at that time?

According to Google:

Fountain on Locust is open until 11pm on Fridays. 

Fieldhouse is open until midnight on Fridays.

Not sure if they either would still be serving food at 10:30pm.