Here We Go Again

HoosierPal

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Yes.  Hopefully Auburn is here, tested, and ready to rumble. 

The Drake game in Vegas - five days is too far ahead to think about, considering what we are seeing today.

I've reached 2020 levels of anxiety on games getting cancelled. So I did a little digging. The flight departed the Auburn (KAUO) airport a few minutes ago, heading to downtown STL. A good sign

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

You can't just start scheduling more games before any of ours are cancelled.

Exactly.   There is a limit to the number of games you can play 

Too many games are being effected to track anymore.  I'm done, unless there is a significant match-up or an A10 game that comes across the wires. St. Bonnie's Wed game against Northeastern is likely off, erasing a bounce back chance for the Bonnies, after their debacle in Charlotte.

19 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i will agree completely with big bill fan that the attitude of this board is pretty one sided when it comes to the chinese flu virus and any discussion.  i say either stop it all or let it all go.  

Haha yea. It’s almost like our fans are well educated or something. Weird 

Bizziken likes this

17 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Haha yea. It’s almost like our fans are well educated or something. Weird 

Or it could be most of us are associated with a left leaning organization, with left leaning administrators, in a crazy left leaning city.  Is it education or indoctrination?  It's a bit of both in my opinion  

drkelsey55 likes this

57 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I say again - lock this thread.  The same bad actors are at it again.  Threads have been locked a lot sooner with less nuttiness.  If people want to post canceled games then fine start a new thread just for that.

Please would you identify the bad actors i would appreciate that list

HenryB likes this

Can we just get rid of the posters who are here to solely stir the pot? Those who don’t post about the bills, only Covid? I don’t always agree with guys like Dennis and BBF on this stuff, but they are definitely here to talk bills firstly. They’ve been here for a while. I stay out of the Covid conversation for the most part, but the people who I don’t get are the ones who only post when  arguing about Covid 

HoosierPal likes this

38 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Can we just get rid of the posters who are here to solely stir the pot? Those who don’t post about the bills, only Covid? I don’t always agree with guys like Dennis and BBF on this stuff, but they are definitely here to talk bills firstly. They’ve been here for a while. I stay out of the Covid conversation for the most part, but the people who I don’t get are the ones who only post when  arguing about Covid 

There is no one who comes on here solely to post about covid- we're all billikens fans with differing opinions- that's life.  I have very good friends who refuse to be vaccinated- while I don't understand how they got there, they're still my very good friends. 

15 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

There is no one who comes on here solely to post about covid- we're all billikens fans with differing opinions- that's life.  I have very good friends who refuse to be vaccinated- while I don't understand how they got there, they're still my very good friends. 

It does seem like there should be some middle ground between "enlightened and good" and "ignorant and evil."

Something to keep in mind.  There are 358 division 1 mens basketball teams.  Each plays approximately 30 regular season games for a total of over 10,700 regular season team games.

By comparison:

30 nba teams x 82 regular season games = 2,460 team games

32 nfl teams x 17 regular season games = 544 team games

32 nhl teams x 82 regular season games = 2,624 team games

Just by the numbers you’d expect NCAA to have a lot more games cancelled.

Note you can half those numbers for actual # of games if you want rather than team games, but the result is still the same.  College basketball has way more games than other sports.

1 hour ago, Band Legend said:

Literally exactly what my post is saying…. The first part I don’t totally agree with, but your second part is exactly what my post is saying

The reason I asked for this thread to be closed is the same stuff is happening in it that caused Steve to lock the one about the new attendance requirements.  My point simply is if all this contentious talk was what closed that thread then why not this one.  All I ask is that we treat all the threads equally - what is the point of closing one thread and not others that end up in the same quagmire.  Just because the titles may be different doesn't mean the content can not go off base.  If anything the first thread was more related to Billiken Basketball more so than this one about games around the country being canceled.  The problem with playing the content police is that unless it is done consistently then it becomes mired in subjectivity.  I am not a fan of closing any threads to tell the truth but consistency is important.  By the way both sides of the issue are not the same - one is taking a protective point and the other is focused on how they are individually impacted.  In a fully functioning society we all have a responsibility for each other.  Yes I do understand that my post will simply go over some heads.

MusicCityBilliken likes this