Other College Basketball Games 2021-22

21 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

No a college head coach has more responsibility then a bank teller.  The bank teller is suppose to have others at the bank to keep them in check a coach not so much

-caused me to wonder again if CFord has an annual review or the like and if so, with who -- is Chris May supposed to talk to Travis about in-game coaching? recruiting? -- or do the folks paying part of the cost get included in something like this?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While my Bills won't be Dancing in March I'll refocus to my wife's team as the Vols try and do something the Bills could not do...beat Auburn at home. UT has the benefit of knowing that they are firmly already in the NCAA Tourney. Only question for them is what will their seed be. 

Way to go Randy!!!   

One would think SMC should be in the tourney .. But thought that twice before , even when they were in the Top 25

This year is particularly weak and I really wanted to see us make the tourney to see if we could get favorable match ups to make a run. 

I actually think we would beat st Mary’s if we played them.  They can’t shoot the three and have no low post presence at all. 

Our soon-to-be A10 rival Loyola lost quite a bit last night at UNI.  The Ramblers tied for second, but due to tie breakers are seeded 4th in Arch Madness.  They play Bradley in Round 1 (7-3 in their last 10 including a win over Loyola) and then likely a rematch with UNI in Round 2. 

That loss to #97 UNI could be troublesome on Selection Sunday.  Loyola is still a comfortable? #31, with a 3-2 Q1 record, but you know that they would be a candidate for the Committee to yank off the bubble if they don't win Arch Madness.

With Jim Boeheim's automatic-for-life At Large Bid, the #91 Orange, even with a 15-14 overall record and 0-8 in Q1, would get the nod over the Ramblers.

27 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Our soon-to-be A10 rival Loyola lost quite a bit last night at UNI.  The Ramblers tied for second, but due to tie breakers are seeded 4th in Arch Madness.  They play Bradley in Round 1 (7-3 in their last 10 including a win over Loyola) and then likely a rematch with UNI in Round 2. 

That loss to #97 UNI could be troublesome on Selection Sunday.  Loyola is still a comfortable? #31, with a 3-2 Q1 record, but you know that they would be a candidate for the Committee to yank off the bubble if they don't win Arch Madness.

With Jim Boeheim's automatic-for-life At Large Bid, the #91 Orange, even with a 15-14 overall record and 0-8 in Q1, would get the nod over the Ramblers.

Sad but you may be right

Vols fans today were worried about the game ar GA being a trap game. While I have been a fan since I married my wife who is a VFL...I did not realize the Vols had lost 6 in a row at GA. The 75-68 win was closer than I thought it would be. 

thatskablamo likes this

9 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Vols fans today were worried about the game ar GA being a trap game. While I have been a fan since I married my wife who is a VFL...I did not realize the Vols had lost 6 in a row at GA. The 75-68 win was closer than I thought it would be. 

Stegman can be a hellacious place for a visitor, unless that visitor is Auburn - they seem to have at least 20% of the seats when they come to town. Nice win for Barnes’ Boys.

If you want to feel sorry for your team's injuries or Covid pauses, the team that needs your sympathy is IUPUI Jaguars.  They played in the Horizon Tourney last night dressing five.  Not five scholarship players, or even five healthy players. Just, players. Five of them. Total.  One of them needs foot surgery, scheduled for next week. 

They lost last night, season is over.  No one fouled out, so they didn't have to go to a Box Defense.

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If you want to feel sorry for your team's injuries or Covid pauses, the team that needs your sympathy is IUPUI Jaguars.  They played in the Horizon Tourney last night dressing five.  Not five scholarship players, or even five healthy players. Just, players. Five of them. Total.  One of them needs foot surgery, scheduled for next week. 

They lost last night, season is over.  No one fouled out, so they didn't have to go to a Box Defense.

For the non-Hoosiers, it’s pronounced Ewe-eee Poo-eee. That’s a brutal way to end, but kudos to them for finding a way to play. 

HoosierPal likes this

The end of the Purdue/Wisconsin game signaled the start of March Madness.  Davis for Wisconsin makes a viciously contested shot.  First ruled a three, it is rightfully changed to a two.  Wisky up 3 with 28 seconds to go.  Purdue comes down and Ivey makes a tying three with 11 second to go.  Wisky disdains the timeout and Chucky Hepburn gets the inbounds pass, dribbles the length of the court to get in front of the Wisky bench and banks in a three from the side with 3 seconds to go.  Ball game.  Wisky steals Purdue's long inbounds and game ends.  

Wisconsin beats Nebraska next and is Big Ten chanps.  Co-champs as it stand now.

Vols finish 14-4 in the SEC with a 78-74 home win against Arkansas. Vols finish undefeated at home. While it would be nice to win the SEC Tourney UT should have a decent seed in the NCAA Tourney.

3 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Vols finish 14-4 in the SEC with a 78-74 home win against Arkansas. Vols finish undefeated at home. While it would be nice to win the SEC Tourney UT should have a decent seed in the NCAA Tourney.

SEC tournament should be a real dogfight.

On 2/27/2022 at 11:35 AM, HoosierPal said:

Over the past two games Loyola has looked as good as I’ve seen them this whole season.  Their defense is absolutely feeding their offense.  They’ve played with such tenacity.   They probably won’t get above that 10 seed like if they win tomorrow but if they beat the 7 that 2 seed is absolutely going to hate that match up. 

brianstl likes this