Jump to content

2021-22 Top 144, by College Sports Madness


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Does this make 3 A10 teams named, ie URI, Dayton, and Davidson? If so, I would figure in this order: next SLU, VCU, RICHMOND, ST B’s (probably top 30). 

Davidson is listed as #5 in the A-10 (see the top of their write up), so 4 more schools to be ranked.  Bonnies, Richmond, VCU and SLU.  My guess is in the rank order

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

Our friends from 120 miles west just came in at #81, 10th in the SEC, projected to go to the NIT.

With so many moving parts, how can anyone expect them to gel into an NIT squad?  The CSM people must have more faith in Coach Martin than most Mizzou fans do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

With so many moving parts, how can anyone expect them to gel into an NIT squad?  The CSM people must have more faith in Coach Martin than most Mizzou fans do.

Agreed.  I’m not sure how an NCAA bubble team who lost 6 of its top 8 players translates to an NIT team.  Especially considering they aren’t brining in any super high level recruits or transfers.  IMO Mizzou is headed for a bottom 2 finish in the SEC and likely not even a top 100 team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Agreed.  I’m not sure how an NCAA bubble team who lost 6 of its top 8 players translates to an NIT team.  Especially considering they aren’t brining in any super high level recruits or transfers.  IMO Mizzou is headed for a bottom 2 finish in the SEC and likely not even a top 100 team.

Semi-related: I occasionally go to Tiger Board to catch up on the newest Mizzou basketball delusions. I think I’ve said this before, but how does anybody read that board? It gives me a migraine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Here here!

The board is hard to navigate.

I think the fans on that board are a lot clearer headed.  They know what they have in Martin and are they are not happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The board is hard to navigate.

I think the fans on that board are a lot clearer headed.  They know what they have in Martin and are they are not happy.

I agree with that. It’s more their delusions about recruiting. They rate every recruit based on how many other high major offers they had and who the high major offers were with. It just reeks of insecurity. But maybe it’s just me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These projections always have been very uninformed and pretty much useless. They don’t do much research and the only reason anyone checks them out is because they rank so many teams. Putting Mizzou 10th in the SEC is another example of how off they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

I agree with that. It’s more their delusions about recruiting. They rate every recruit based on how many other high major offers they had and who the high major offers were with. It just reeks of insecurity. But maybe it’s just me.

There will be lots of whining on tiger board when they see the impact Okoro and Nesbitt make in college basketball this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 1:34 PM, Reinert310 said:

Semi-related: I occasionally go to Tiger Board to catch up on the newest Mizzou basketball delusions. I think I’ve said this before, but how does anybody read that board? It gives me a migraine.

On a related, but side note, the black and gold is kind of atrocious sometimes. In the state, it is probably bested only by the maroon and grey of MSU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

College sports madness ranks us 69.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/19762

 

Saint Louis Billikens
 
2021-2022 Overall Rank: #69
Conference Rank: #4 A-10
 Saint Louis Logo
 
Saint Louis has been a very good team over the last three years. Last year included an entire month of cancelled contests and it was tough for the Billikens to regain their form through a start and stop season. Still, Coach Travis Ford’s team went 14-6 during the regular season and earned a spot in the NIT. That was not the tournament SLU was aiming for but, all things considered, it was not a terrible way to end the campaign.
 
2020-21 Record: 14-7, 6-4
2020-21 Postseason: NIT
Coach: Travis Ford
Coach Record: 89-65 at Saint Louis, 434-322 overall
 
Key Departed Players:
Jordan Goodwin, Guard, 14.5 ppg
Hasahn French, Forward, 9.2 ppg
Demarius Jacobs, Guard, 4.9 ppg
Jimmy Bell Jr, Forward, 1.9 ppg
 
Key Returning Players:
Javonte Perkins, Senior, Guard/Forward, 17.1 ppg
Gibson Jimerson, Freshman, Guard, 7.8 ppg
Marten Linssen, Junior, Forward, 5.5 ppg
Fred Thatch Jr, Sophomore, Guard, 5.4 ppg
Yuri Collins, Sophomore, Guard, 5.1 ppg
Terrence Hargrove Jr, Sophomore, Forward, 4.2 ppg
Markhi Strickland, Freshman, Guard/Forward, 2.6 ppg
Andre Lorentsson, Freshman, Forward, 0.5 ppg
 
Key New Players:
Kyle Engstler, Freshman, Guard/Forward
DeAndre Jones, Senior, Guard, Transfer from Central Arkansas
Jordan Nesbitt, Freshman, Guard, Transfer from Memphis
Francis Okoro, Junior, Forward, Transfer from Oregon
Lassina Traore, Freshman, Forward
Rashad Williams, Junior, Guard, Transfer from Oakland
 
Projection:
Losing the dynamic Jordan Goodwin could keep the Billikens at the NIT level. Goodwin averaged 14.5 points, 10.1 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 2.0 steals last year. He is now with the Washington Wizards. Forward Hasahn French is also playing professionally after tallying 9.2 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.4 blocks in 2020-2021. Saint Louis does have a superstar returning though. Javonte Perkins led the team with 17.1 points per game and knocked down a team high 38 three-pointers. At least to start the season, Perkins will be asked to cover even more scoring in 2021-2022. Gibson Jimerson, Yuri Collins and Fred Thatch Jr. are all young guards with a lot of potential. Jimerson is the shooter of the bunch and Collins averaged an impressive 6.1 assists per game during his second season with the program. Marten Linssen and Terrence Hargrove are the most experienced returning frontcourt options and they will be joined by Oregon transfer Francis Okoro. Okoro was never much of a scorer during his time with the Ducks, but the two-year starter will help keep Saint Louis solid on the glass and block a shot or two as well. Coach Ford also picked up a couple new scorers for the backcourt. DeAndre Jones was a four-year starter at Central Arkansas and averaged 12.9 points and 6.0 assists during a great 2019-2020 season. In that same year, Rashad Williams averaged 19.5 points with Oakland.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

pretty nice summary by sports madness.   i have always been amazed at how clueless most of those "preview" team summaries are.   cant take much exception to anything written. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

pretty nice summary by sports madness.   i have always been amazed at how clueless most of those "preview" team summaries are.   cant take much exception to anything written. 

I said this on Twitter, but my only real exception is that the only time Nesbitt is mentioned is in the “newcomers” list. West Pine Bills suggested that a lot of the preseason write ups might be done by AI, especially outside the top-25, which would make sense. It’s just shocking to me that everybody is basing their preseason analysis of Nesbitt on 3 games at Memphis under weird circumstances instead of the fact that he was a top-50 recruit in the country 9 months ago. Boggles my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I said this on Twitter, but my only real exception is that the only time Nesbitt is mentioned is in the “newcomers” list. West Pine Bills suggested that a lot of the preseason write ups might be done by AI, especially outside the top-25, which would make sense. It’s just shocking to me that everybody is basing their preseason analysis of Nesbitt on 3 games at Memphis under weird circumstances instead of the fact that he was a top-50 recruit in the country 9 months ago. Boggles my mind.

Machine learning isn't that smart.  If it was, a lot more humans would be out of a job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Machine learning isn't that smart.  If it was, a lot more humans would be out of a job.

The people writing this stuff are not using AI, they just cannot afford it. What they do is their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I said this on Twitter, but my only real exception is that the only time Nesbitt is mentioned is in the “newcomers” list. West Pine Bills suggested that a lot of the preseason write ups might be done by AI, especially outside the top-25, which would make sense. It’s just shocking to me that everybody is basing their preseason analysis of Nesbitt on 3 games at Memphis under weird circumstances instead of the fact that he was a top-50 recruit in the country 9 months ago. Boggles my mind.

all they know is he was let walk by memphis.  imo he and okoro are our wild cards.   as nesbitt and okoro go will define our greatness.........or not this coming season.  might be another "wait till next year" season ...........or not.   😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

all they know is he was let walk by memphis.  imo he and okoro are our wild cards.   as nesbitt and okoro go will define our greatness.........or not this coming season.  might be another "wait till next year" season ...........or not.   😁

My thought also was no mention of Nesbit? How is his High School career and projections any less relevant than that of any incoming Frosh? If all they know is he was let go by Memphis they are idiots. AI or not if your publication puts it out someone with a bit of knowledge should proofread it. And if you don’t know who Nesbitt is you shouldn’t be the one proofreading. 
 

Sorry but this is a fail for College Sports Madness 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

all they know is he was let walk by memphis.  imo he and okoro are our wild cards.   as nesbitt and okoro go will define our greatness.........or not this coming season.  might be another "wait till next year" season ...........or not.   😁

Agree 100 percent Roy, if Nesbitt and Okoro are impact players all season this will be a great team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...